#241 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Really great rom! Best battery life I've had with AOKP surprisingly since it performs so well, haven't noticed much to any lag so far! 

#242 SmittenmittenS

SmittenmittenS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

My MMS was working when I first flashed earlier this week, today it's not. I will get handcent for now, although I hate 3rd party messaging apps. Oh well small price to pay for such a great rom.

Try a permissions fix, if that doesnt work, get hancent, send MMS, go to stock, send MMS, if the MMS message sends, delete handcent and try stock app again. thats how i got mine to work.

Edit: i just noticed mine isnt working again, tried permissions and handcent and nothing :(

#243 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Can this rom be flashed from cwm? Is there a stock rom to flash if it doesn't work out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think it's only been tested using Safestrap 3.x versions.

There are stock ROMs floating around as well as fast boot files. Read my signature. ;)

-Flash now, ask questions later.
  • recDNA likes this
Posted Image

#244 jwillens

jwillens

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

This is hands down the best ROM that I've ever used. It is smooth all around, and has plenty of tweaks built-in.
Good work!

#245 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Agreed! This ROM is terrific! I can't wait for the JBX version!<br /><br />Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#246 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Agreed! This ROM is terrific! I can't wait for the JBX version!<br /><br />Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

What is JBX?

#247 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

What is JBX?

I think is  a specific kernel that provides for some extra tweaking.

#248 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've been running the RAM mod, and it seems a bit smoother.  I still get lag when I turn the screen on (I believe this is CPU sleeper and JuiceDefender though); and ran without a reboot for 3+ days.  It still needs a lot of process kills though.  I don't really get how my phone is eating so much of the RAM - its so strange.  I don't see a memory leak really; nothing seems to be running it up when I kill processes.

I did have one System UI fail that didn't reset though - which caused the need to reboot the phone.

#249 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I still get lag when I turn the screen on (I believe this is CPU sleeper and JuiceDefender though)

Try raising your min CPU frequency. I've raised mine from 300MHz to 600MHz and I don't get much lag anymore when turning on the screen.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

#250 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I saw it mentioned once. The phone.apk or the phone process hanging in general is what is making me not like this rom as much. Is there a fix?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#251 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Try raising your min CPU frequency. I've raised mine from 300MHz to 600MHz and I don't get much lag anymore when turning on the screen.

Interesting, I watched live and setCPU apparently isn't stopping the CPU from dropping below 600MhZ. I can try setting it with Rom Toolbox unless someone has another suggestion.

#252 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Interesting, I watched live and setCPU apparently isn't stopping the CPU from dropping below 600MhZ. I can try setting it with Rom Toolbox unless someone has another suggestion.

I actually created a profile in setcpu. One for when the screen is off the min and max is 600mhz and when the screen is on the min is 600 and the max is 1200. Working pretty good so far.

#253 sgf323

sgf323

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

I had an issue with Bluetooth.  I ran Fix Permissions in SS 3.11 but afterwards it won't boot.  It just sits on the Unicorn animation boot screen forever.  I've tried clearing davlik, cache, and even re-installing the Buttered zip over the top.  Still won't boot.  Any ideas?

#254 sgf323

sgf323

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

I had made a backup after configuring the ROM yesterday, so I just restored that and it fixed it.  BT is working too...

#255 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Agreed! This ROM is terrific! I can't wait for the JBX version!

What is JBX?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

jbx right here

#256 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

So for the past few days, my phone will randomly freeze up in a weird way, and if i reboot the only way not get stuck after the kexec vibrate is to boot into stock then reactivate slot 1. combined with the disappearance of MMS capability this is a major bummer. any ideas? thanks so much!

#257 mainegrw

mainegrw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

jbx right here

I on a whim decided to download and flash the JBX Kernel over this ROM and found that it totally works. I have had it running for a day now and it seems to be really smooth.

#258 sgf323

sgf323

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

I on a whim decided to download and flash the JBX Kernel over this ROM and found that it totally works. I have had it running for a day now and it seems to be really smooth.

Which kernel did you use?  Running better than the kernel it comes with?  

#259 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

I saw it mentioned once. The phone.apk or the phone process hanging in general is what is making me not like this rom as much. Is there a fix?

I ran into this issue this morning. Had to do a reboot to get the phone app working. I have the MinFreeManager running to help deal with the RAM utilization problems until that gets solved but the phone hang still happened. Still loving this ROM, just "reporting in." Over all, I'm getting good performance and good battery life. I'm considering trying the JBX kernel but haven't made that jump yet.

#260 mainegrw

mainegrw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Which kernel did you use?  Running better than the kernel it comes with?

I followed the link posted by iamahugger to the XDA forum about it, then I downloaded the latest version (I think it was JBX hybrid 0.5x) along with the kernel restore tool just in case. I put them on myinternal SD, Booted into safe strap, wiped cache/dalvik (just to be safe) and flashed. When I rebooted everything was fine, seems a tad bit snappier than Kexec, no FCs or random crashes since... The jury is still out though.
Check out the link, and I strong advise you all read the information posted before flashing. There are important instructions for those who have done CPU tweeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users