#21 iaminflames

iaminflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFindlay OH
  • Current Device(s):DROIDX, RAZR Maxx

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Sweet another kexec ROM eh? I'll have to give it a shot thanks!!!!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#22 samwelborn

samwelborn

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@samwelborn

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

for some reason my phone won't flash this rom... i tried moving it to different places and redownloading and it still says it can't open the zip.  and one time it said could not find md5 file.

any suggestions? 

#23 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Another bug, not sure where you want them, when I connect to usb the batter percentage resets to 100%. Haven't checked with regular charger yet.

#24 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

for some reason my phone won't flash this rom... i tried moving it to different places and redownloading and it still says it can't open the zip.  and one time it said could not find md5 file.

any suggestions? 

Try to download it from the mirror instead of the main download. It sounds like you're getting a bad download.

#25 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Another bug, not sure where you want them, when I connect to usb the batter percentage resets to 100%. Haven't checked with regular charger yet.

Haven't seen that one. Which battery icon style are you using? Is it possible that your phone is at 100%, what % is it at when you plug it in?

You may also want to try rebooting and see if that fixes it.

#26 rjnb2112

rjnb2112

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thank u larrydp I will try that

#27 mikedav

mikedav

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just saw this. Thanks for the port, much appreciated! I will try this as soon as I get home.

#28 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Man this is silky smooth, i love it!! but sadly my data sucks. It's constantly drops, anything below 3 bars 4g or 3g is unresponsive, and i rarely keep a 4g connection for more than a few seconds. i'd totally rock this as my main rom is not for data issues. any help would be awesome!

#29 cgrass12

cgrass12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@cgrass87

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

MMS problems......anybody help?

#30 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Man this is silky smooth, i love it!! but sadly my data sucks. It's constantly drops, anything below 3 bars 4g or 3g is unresponsive, and i rarely keep a 4g connection for more than a few seconds. i'd totally rock this as my main rom is not for data issues. any help would be awesome!

I haven't experienced this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. 1st was this a clean flash? 2nd try to set it to LTE/CDMA/EvDo or even LTE only and let me know if that solves it.

MMS problems......anybody help?

You can use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

if you are having issues.

#31 cgrass12

cgrass12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@cgrass87

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

just flash it as a zip?    i just did the first gapps not the dark ones.  make a difference

#32 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

just flash it as a zip?    i just did the first gapps not the dark ones.  make a difference

Just flash, wipe davlik and cache, reboot.
It won't matter which gapps you flashed.

• Droid_Razr likes this

#33 iaminflames

iaminflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFindlay OH
  • Current Device(s):DROIDX, RAZR Maxx

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

CM10.1 does this too.

#34 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

CM10.1 does this too.

Makes sense. They use the same kernel.

#35 samwelborn

samwelborn

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@samwelborn

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Try to download it from the mirror instead of the main download. It sounds like you're getting a bad download.

Turns out my internal storage was corrupted.  All good now after formatting.

#36 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Did you try opening terminal emulator doing su then wifical.sh?  That worked for me

Tried that. Works now. I had the wrong encryption key.

#37 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Haven't seen that one. Which battery icon style are you using? Is it possible that your phone is at 100%, what % is it at when you plug it in?

You may also want to try rebooting and see if that fixes it.

Using the circle battery. I'll reboot and try tomorrow. It definitely kept resetting to 100%

#38 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I haven't experienced this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. 1st was this a clean flash? 2nd try to set it to LTE/CDMA/EvDo or even LTE only and let me know if that solves it.

will do! haven't had a chance to really move around with it, but ill let you know tomorrow

#39 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

Some observations after a bit of use:

1. The RAZR has fixed buttons. The buttons light only for a few seconds when actions are being performed, then go dark. This makes it difficult to find them. Please leave the buttons lit, or lit longer, or give us a setting to control it.

2. Kudos for the charging LED. Suggest it go green when fully charged, rather than going off.

3. There is a long time between the end of the Safestrap screen and the start of the boot animation where the screen is blank. Could you start the animation earlier?

4. I get -101dB and 3 signal bars for 4G LTE on the stock ROM. On yours, I get -98dB, but it doesn't say which signal. The display shows 2 bars. I don't know which is more accurate.

5. I seem to be getting slower speeds over LTE using your ROM vs. stock. I'm not certain, and the difference is small.

6. It takes a fairly long time for data to come up compared to the stock ROM.

#40 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Some observations after a bit of use:

1. The RAZR has fixed buttons. The buttons light only for a few seconds when actions are being performed, then go dark. This makes it difficult to find them. Please leave the buttons lit, or lit longer, or give us a setting to control it.

2. Kudos for the charging LED. Suggest it go green when fully charged, rather than going off.

3. There is a long time between the end of the Safestrap screen and the start of the boot animation where the screen is blank. Could you start the animation earlier?

4. I get -101dB and 3 signal bars for 4G LTE on the stock ROM. On yours, I get -98dB, but it doesn't say which signal. The display shows 2 bars. I don't know which is more accurate.

5. I seem to be getting slower speeds over LTE using your ROM vs. stock. I'm not certain, and the difference is small.

6. It takes a fairly long time for data to come up compared to the stock ROM.

Thank you for the observations.

All of what you are observing is related to the Kexec kernel. The stock kernel boots then gets dumped and kexec boots and takes over. That causes most of the start up delays. I plan on taking a look at the LED and buttons this weekend, I think both changes would be improvements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users