12 replies to this topic

#1 barbou16

barbou16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Ok. So I recently softbricked my phone trying to update my ROM (was caught in bootloop and couldn't get into cwm recovery only had stock recovery) I downloaded the Razr Utility 1.9 (The jellybean update one) and booted into flashboot and ran option 1 (wipe data and install jb ota). Everythign went seemingly fine until the phone booted and the bottom half of the screen is constantly showing artifacts and blinking and essentially going haywire and Is pretty unusable.

I've reran the utility, and also downloaded again checked the md5 and it all seems ok. Any attempt to load a new rom gives the error Verification Failed. When I installed safestrap via the utility and opened it and installed recovery, I never got the safestrap boot option and it seems to have done nothing really. Any ideas, the main goal is to load CM 10.1 or even just get this one in workign order. The graphical issues do not occur until the rom is booted so I really don't believe it is a hardware issue of any kind.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Hmm.. sounds like a Kernel issue. I would use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

utility to fastboot right to JB. If for some reason that doesn't help I would use RSD lite and fastboot the FXZ full files.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hmm.. sounds like a Kernel issue. I would use THIS utility to fastboot right to JB. If for some reason that doesn't help I would use RSD lite and fastboot the FXZ full files.

Exactly what I was going to say LOL ;)
You read my mind bro ;)

tapadriving...... hillbilly style
  • Memnoch73 and livinginkaos like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 barbou16

barbou16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

I tried the utility  you linked me (even though I believe that is the exact one i used) and have the same problem. Can someone please give me a step by step direction on how to do the FXZ files thing in fastboot. Or better yet can i just install a new rom. Every time in recovery I get Installation aborted after the verifying update step. no explanation as the why it aborts. I just want my phone in working condition. I don't care what rom or anything is on it

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

I tried the utility  you linked me (even though I believe that is the exact one i used) and have the same problem. Can someone please give me a step by step direction on how to do the FXZ files thing in fastboot. Or better yet can i just install a new rom. Every time in recovery I get Installation aborted after the verifying update step. no explanation as the why it aborts. I just want my phone in working condition. I don't care what rom or anything is on it

Did you try the fxz thru RSD lite?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 barbou16

barbou16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

I don't know what fxz means. I have RSD Lite installed but haven't used it before. if fxz are files could I have a link to the ones that I require?

#7 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Go here and navigate to your phone and current software.<br /><br />

<br />

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#8 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

You can find the FXZ (fastboot xml zip) files at this site:

Assuming your a Verizon xt912 cdma device, find the link there for the xt912 and get the download you want, I assume JB which is the newest download. Then use RSD to flash it.

Damn, ninja'd by Kaos :)

• livinginkaos likes this

#9 barbou16

barbou16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

all those carriers are out of the US I have verizon I'm unsure at what to download

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

What country? What carrier? Are you sure its not GSM? Are you sure its an xt912 and not an xt910? 

#11 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

A screenshot of your "About Phone" may be helpful

EDIT: nvm that as I just read the OP and you cant get there :)

#12 barbou16

barbou16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well. I followed the directions at this link and it worked phone has no graphical issues anymore and seems to be in good order. Not sure why matts utility didn't work, as I used it to root back on GB. Oh well, if anyone has a similar problem to mine I'd suggest using the files provided in the link.

#13 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Glad you got it :)..... some people have better luck with rsd .....some with Matt's utility ..... the biggest advantage of having multiple recovery methods :)

tapadriving...... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users