#1 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Here we go! lol.. This is about a 99% Deodex for the Droid Razr ICS Leak. It is an early attempt!!! With that said I'm not personally seeing any issues. I will make mention that flashing this you will loose the stock weather widget but I have replaced it with the AOSP GenieWidget.apk(weather).

- Disclaimer

DroidRzr.com, myself, or any other party CANNOT be held responsible for what you decide to do. Modifying system files can lead to a damaged or comletely bricked device!!! Your phone! Your choice! Your responsibility!!!!

- Installation

Note: This is a Deodexer Droid Razr on the 6.14.75 ICS leak! You must be on the leak to use this MOD!!!!

Download file and place on SDCard. If you do not have a backup, now is the time! Install from SD like normal. Allow to finish then reboot, the first boot may take some time.

*This has only been tested with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Credits To DHacker for Bootstrap for Razr ICS!

- Credits

Google - For the Android we play with.
Motorola - For fantastic hardware!
Nitroglycerin33 - for a few tips when I was stuck!!!

- Download

MD5: 3becd4626eacbca09009ea0e56653d68

Moto-Razr-ICS-6.14.75-Deodexer -

*DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE FLASHED DT'S MOD FOR THE ICS-LEAK*
I personally tested and confirmed you would have to do a full restore!

- Support Me

Though I don't require it by any means... its always nice! So if you'd like buy me a beer! --->

-Noted Issues

-The issues with the Gallery sync after speaking with nitroclycerin33 is almost a pipe dream to fix! lol. I will replace with the AOSP gallery when I get time to patch the camera properly.

- For those that wish to use DockService... DockService.apk is deodexed I just some how forgot DockService.odex in the /system/app directory which will cause conflict and for some random FC's. There are two simple solutions until I have time to update. The first would be to use a root explorer with /system mounted as RW... and delete /system/app/DockService.odex. The second option would be to modify the Deodexer zip to remove the odex and reflash. A Reboot will be required afterwards but it will fix the issue!
  • mattlgroff, JBeXX, cynnar and 5 others like this

#2 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Nice!

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#3 JBeXX

JBeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to give it a go. Thanks for this!!!

#4 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Sweet! Looking forward to this.

#5 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

is there a download link for it? i dont see one and it was posted a couple hourss ago.
and does this mean there will be a 1% mod too?

Edited by leviwg, 22 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.

a what? an android? whats that?

#6 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

It wasn't posted a couple of hours ago.. lol. but the link is live now!

#7 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

It wasn't posted a couple of hours ago.. lol. but the link is live now!

sorry, my clock on my computer and on here are about an hour off.

#8 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

....and away we go....

#9 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

OP didn't mention if we need to wipe data. I assume we do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Shouldn't need to. It completely wipes /system/app and /system/framework then installs the deodexed version. I personally didn't do a data wipe.

#11 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Shouldn't need to. It completely wipes /system/app and /system/framework then installs the deodexed version. I personally didn't do a data wipe.

not even delvek cache

#12 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

if you're like I typically am... It can't hurt!!! but I didn't wipe a thing. just flashed!

#13 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

if you're like I typically am... It can't hurt!!! but I didn't wipe a thing. just flashed!

Thanks dude :)

#14 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

No problem!

#15 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ooo I can't wait til people start cooking up custom ROMS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#16 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

seems to be working good. I've been trying to start building a rom from the ICS leak, but I've been stalled a bit because of time constraints and coming from primarily HTC devices, lol. I'll test this and let you know how I fare.
Phone: Rooted VZW Droid RAZR on ICS Phone: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Watch: Motorola Motoactv

#17 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

You always should wipe both regular and Dalvik cache no matter what you are flashing.

At least 70% of the issues the support team (which is 90% Vanten haha) deals with is because someone didn't wipe the caches and then wonders what could have possibly gone wrong.

That should be second nature if you are flashing things.
  • lownslow200sx likes this

:-D :-D

#18 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ehh... I like to live on the edge! lol.. but honestly you're right.. as I stated I typically always wipe cache even when its not stated. It really just a good habit to have!

#19 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well I ended up wiping cache and dalvik. No problems so far :rolleyes:

#20 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

is there a 1% battery mod out for the leak? i thought i remembered that someone said a deoxed version was needed to do that and so whats the difference between this a DT"s deoxer?

#21 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I didn't wipe at all and had no issues, HOWEVER I did make a backup prior. I'll give it a proper rundown now and report my findings. Also, i'd like to talk to whoever may know what I need to do in order to get a functional updater-script going for this as soon as possible. Moto devices are a bit alien to me and the whole not having s-off has been...interesting to say the least
Phone: Rooted VZW Droid RAZR on ICS Phone: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Watch: Motorola Motoactv

#22 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm sure there will be a 1% mod soon!... I'm working on it myself but I'm shutting down for the night.. As far as I know there wasn't another Deodexer yet for the ICS leak. DT's flash mod is to flash tweaks to the ICS leak. Which I can tell you does not play nice with the deodexed framework.

#23 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I didn't wipe at all and had no issues, HOWEVER I did make a backup prior. I'll give it a proper rundown now and report my findings. Also, i'd like to talk to whoever may know what I need to do in order to get a functional updater-script going for this as soon as possible. Moto devices are a bit alien to me and the whole not having s-off has been...interesting to say the least

quickest way to get an updater script is to download a mod and take a look at the updater script within the mod. Take a look at mine then hit me up. It'll will need adjusted depending on what you wanna do with it.

#24 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well done! Thanks for the work. I'm excited to see what works pop up in the next week or so now that this is available.

#25 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

quickest way to get an updater script is to download a mod and take a look at the updater script within the mod. Take a look at mine then hit me up. It'll will need adjusted depending on what you wanna do with it.

i actualky looked at it before i flashed this lol. i noticed that wifi was cutting out intermittently after flashing and headphone jack was being touchy so i flashed back to my nandroid. basically i wany be able to modify the ics leak with the3 deodexed files

#26 Ex-Member_DirtyDroidX_Retired

Ex-Member_DirtyDroidX_Retired
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks nice work :-)

#27 BDH

BDH

Team Rage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts
  • Twitter:@spc_hicks09
  • LocationOahu, HI
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Here come some themes!!! Thanks for this EmericanX and Nitro!

One question, what will this do if bloatware has been removed? Not frozen but deleted.

Posted Image

Team Rage is recruiting!!! Send me a PM to find out how to join!

#28 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wait, can someone explain to me why I can't flash this over DT's mod if all it did was remove bloat, add init.d and adjust build.prop? and also how would one go back to stock if they flashed DT's mod? hehe
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#29 BDH

BDH

Team Rage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts
  • Twitter:@spc_hicks09
  • LocationOahu, HI
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wait, can someone explain to me why I can't flash this over DT's mod if all it did was remove bloat, add init.d and adjust build.prop? and also how would one go back to stock if they flashed DT's mod? hehe

I can't answer your first question but to answer your second:

I made a nand backup as soon as I regained root of complete 100% stock ICS. Not sure about why DT's script messes with it but as the OP says, don't do it. If you do, it's your fault.

EDIT: Ok well I jumped the gun and flashed this even though I had bloatware deleted and some frozen apps. Everything has booted up perfectly normal. There is one catch though that should be pointed out in the OP. Flashing this will reinstall every single piece of bloatware.

Posted Image

Team Rage is recruiting!!! Send me a PM to find out how to join!

#30 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I can't answer your first question but to answer your second:

I made a nand backup as soon as I regained root of complete 100% stock ICS. Not sure about why DT's script messes with it but as the OP says, don't do it. If you do, it's your fault.

EDIT: Ok well I jumped the gun and flashed this even though I had bloatware deleted and some frozen apps. Everything has booted up perfectly normal. There is one catch though that should be pointed out in the OP. Flashing this will reinstall every single piece of bloatware.

Alrite well since I didn't make a nand backup when I installed the leak, (DOH!) I am gonna try to flash this over DT's Mod and report back, lol. Btw if we deodex FIRST then flash the modifier will it work? :D
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users