#101 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't believe anything till i see it! Lol. Plus with version number so close I'm betting some of what I get started on would be able to be used with the new build... I'm not gonna do anything to drastic until the official comes out anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#102 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

#103 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hope I can join the tester group, too.

In the meantime EmericanX, I removed the dockservice.odex and seeded it...hope it saves you some time so you can work on v2...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edited by MartyChubbs, 27 April 2012 - 06:01 PM.

I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#104 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

DO NOT try this on the .84 leak until it is tested..just and FYI

#105 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Until there is a fix... I'm dead in the water. So I won't be able to continue on the razr for now. That said. I wouldn't think the deodexer would work on the new update. Due to over writing system files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#106 kbuck13

kbuck13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Has anyone tried to use Rom Tool box to change the battery to one of the 1%'s after deodexing?

#107 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

EmericanX, I tried out the CWM on boot zip, and it works on .84. I'd like to take a stab at Deodexing it. Which tools did you use? (or more specifically, which versions)

#108 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I just used the latest. Fyi I had to do a lot of the files 1 at a time. So you've got an up hill battle ahead! Lol. Let me know if you need any help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#109 mina.girgis

mina.girgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

FYI, i tried it on the .84 and it bricked my phone,
is there .84 deodexer?
i need a 1% battery so bad!

#110 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Lol. Thanks for testing! I wouldn't have thought personally that it would've worked. Hopefully you had the bootstrap on boot installed so you could just restore. There is one in the works. Though I'm not sure if its for 84 or 85. I just got mine booted last night so I havent started anything for the latest quite yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#111 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'm working on one for 84 at the moment. However this is my first full deodex so it may take a couple days. Hang in there!

#112 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Let me know what you need help on. Since we're both on 84 we'll get it knocked out! That way i can really start playing!!! Wait! I still need to figure out how to get root back.. haha

#113 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Let me know what you need help on. Since we're both on 84 we'll get it knocked out! That way i can really start playing!!! Wait! I still need to figure out how to get root back.. haha

Have you tried using adb to push superuser to your system/app directory? and also, I heard that z4 root works for the DroidX, maybe it will work for us, lol. If that still does not work you could try modifying the original update file and put superuser into the system/app folder and try flashing??? If anything though, make sure to reinstall superuser via google play and try using the terminal method to get the backup back. Again I am just throwing ideas out there lol.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#114 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

BTW, I just kinda realized this right now. The way to unbrick your phone is also the way to fastboot back to stock .84 leak. Flash .181 fastboot files, which DO wipe, then use recovery to install .84 again and you are back to stock. SOOOO my sumation:

If you fuxxed your phone up, you can get back to stock. Although this is more of a mash buttons till it get fixed way, you still are back to "stock" lolololol.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#115 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yeah that 84 recovery method is basically a /system restore. That coupled with a data wipe and you should be able to recover from MOST soft bricks.

#116 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

BTW, I just kinda realized this right now. The way to unbrick your phone is also the way to fastboot back to stock .84 leak. Flash .181 fastboot files, which DO wipe, then use recovery to install .84 again and you are back to stock. SOOOO my sumation:

If you fuxxed your phone up, you can get back to stock. Although this is more of a mash buttons till it get fixed way, you still are back to "stock" lolololol.

If you're not soft bricked, you can factory reset and you're back to stock 84/85. Worked for me anyways after uninstalling most of the bloat. I retained root as well.

#117 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hey Emerican! Mattlgroff just came out with an ics root program similar to motofail!!!!

#118 Manny05

Manny05

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

so i have my rzr on AOKP rom (gummy).
do i just flash this over CWM?
or do am i suppose to go back to stock .173 and then flash this?

#119 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is for the first Moto ICS leak ONLY. Not ICS roms based on the GB kernel. So no, this isn't for that rom.

#120 Manny05

Manny05

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

This is for the first Moto ICS leak ONLY. Not ICS roms based on the GB kernel. So no, this isn't for that rom.

ah i see. so i would need to go back to stock, install the leak and then this mod? correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users