#1 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I do not work for Verizon Wireless or represent Verizon Wireless so this is nothing officially direct from them. Through personal experience, I've had to call VZW several times (different phones) with this problem this was how it was fixed :::

This usually happens on a Custom Rom (of course, dont tell them that...) but can sometimes happen when you switch phones.

VZWNMN Messages:

This is called an OZ Alert ( pronounced like Wizard of OZ) When you get an email over the VZW network on a custom ROM, the network doesn't know how to process it with your software. The network thinks (b/c of your software) that your phone isn't available to receive emails (but that you have a data plan) so it sends you a text notification instead of an email notification (even though you probably also get an email notification b/c the software is, indeed, working).

The only way to stop this is to call Verizon Customer Service 1-800-922-0204 and tell them what text(s) that you are getting. They have the ability to correct it by going into some system and remove those alerts.

6250 Messages:

1. Login to your Verizon account.
2. Click on "Change features" button under "I want to.."
3. Select the device you would like to remove the service from.
4. Then scroll down until you find “Contact Management” or "Backup Assistant Plus" under Cloud Storage and REMOVE it

Note: if this doesnt work, do the step above for VZWNMN texts
  • andlaw, leviwg and Trylek09 like this

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

you can also go into my Verizon and under the phone you are getting the texts on, go to features and change the backup/ cloud storage to remove it. its a free subscription and even if you didn't sign up for it, you are!
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

you can also go into my Verizon and under the phone you are getting the texts on, go to features and change the backup/ cloud storage to remove it. its a free subscription and even if you didn't sign up for it, you are!

I think that is just for the 6250:1 messages. Im actually getting both on my new custom rom now, so Im going to get the tech to confirm it and edit accordingly.

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

I think that is just for the 6250:1 messages. Im actually getting both on my new custom rom now, so Im going to get the tech to confirm it and edit accordingly.

i probably wouldnt go right out and tell them you have a custom rom. its like telling your teacher a joke your friend just texted you during class.
  • Trylek09 likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

i probably wouldnt go right out and tell them you have a custom rom. its like telling your teacher a joke your friend just texted you during class.

Updated!

Well yeah. Lol. They would probably just say "oh youre on your own" moreorless. But that should be a given to any root-er calling VZW. lol.

#6 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

By the way Folks, I wanted to add that I was on Andlaw's Black Widow rom when I was getting both of these texts.... did my instructions posted, and it worked.

BUT when i switched to Eclipse (GB rom) they popped back up again. In other words, this may happen on a per rom basis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom Rom, VZWNMN, Texts, Verizon Wireless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users