#21 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

The nexus is a great phone man.. don't get me wrong! but I wasn't able to get a full work day out of it on the battery. Of coarse this wasn't with the extended battery either. So I think you'll be good. BTW the razr has wireless N wifi onboard as well. ;) just saying... lol

#22 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I loved my gnex as well. But I loved having reception better so I went with razr. Good luck putting up with data drops.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

#23 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I loved my gnex as well. But I loved having reception better so I went with razr. Good luck putting up with data drops.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Reception for me is just as good as I had on the Razr, no data drops either. Still on the 4.0.2 radios also, haven't upgraded to the 4.0.4 radios.
  • The Kid likes this

#24 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hopefully you will enjoy the device. I've owned almost all of then ( Charge, Bionic, Razr, Gnex, Maxx...etc) and I have to admit out of the bunch besides the unlock and nice screen IMO the Gnex & Bionic is the worse of them. That signal strength on the Gnex is absolutely terrible unless you are in a rock solid LTE area, and battery life is very bad as well because of this problem. I do like the hardware of the Motos much more but it pisses me off to no end the issues we go threw messing with them because of there high horse mentality of locking the bootlaoder. i'm also not very happy with the screen quality that Moto is using still. They really need to get there heads out of the sand and make an upgrade to ALL futures device

Bottom line is everyone has there own taste & needs. Some are very happy with Gnex, other prefers the Motos for signal strength and battery life. So it all boils down to a toss up on what you needs are at the end of the day. And to fix that myself I have one of each ( gnex & Maxx ) so i can change on the fly whenever I want to or need some battery life to make it on a long day out and about.

#25 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I loved mine so much that I gave it away. Now the guy I gave it too is selling it to get something else :(

#26 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hopefully you will enjoy the device. I've owned almost all of then ( Charge, Bionic, Razr, Gnex, Maxx...etc) and I have to admit out of the bunch besides the unlock and nice screen IMO the Gnex & Bionic is the worse of them. That signal strength on the Gnex is absolutely terrible unless you are in a rock solid LTE area, and battery life is very bad as well because of this problem. I do like the hardware of the Motos much more but it pisses me off to no end the issues we go threw messing with them because of there high horse mentality of locking the bootlaoder. i'm also not very happy with the screen quality that Moto is using still. They really need to get there heads out of the sand and make an upgrade to ALL futures device

Bottom line is everyone has there own taste & needs. Some are very happy with Gnex, other prefers the Motos for signal strength and battery life. So it all boils down to a toss up on what you needs are at the end of the day. And to fix that myself I have one of each ( gnex & Maxx ) so i can change on the fly whenever I want to or need some battery life to make it on a long day out and about.

Lol. The only one I haven't had was the charge...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#27 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Reception for me is just as good as I had on the Razr, no data drops either. Still on the 4.0.2 radios also, haven't upgraded to the 4.0.4 radios.

I'm on the 4.0.4 liquid ROM released the other day and have had zero, signal/data problems. In fact, I got 4G in my surgeon's office today and have always gotten 3G before.I will say that I live in Vegas, which amazing 4G coverage.

#28 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

should try ICSourcery V2.0 has all kinds of custom $#!+ and great battery life
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#29 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Installing it now!

#30 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm soon with you! !!! ( fingers crossed)

#31 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm soon with you! !!! ( fingers crossed)

getting my new Gnex that is.. soon I hope...its so needed..lol

#32 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

+1!! This is why i need both... yes need..lol

#33 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

I do miss the Razr for a few things. It's a great phone. If it was as "open" as the GNex, it would top the industry.
  • The Kid likes this

#34 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

got us some new radios today
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#35 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Outstanding. Flashing the radio now.

Sorcery ROM has many options that I can change. I'm still pouring over it. So far though, it's solid. Looks like I could have some fun themeing this one.
  • The Kid likes this

#36 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Outstanding. Flashing the radio now.

Sorcery ROM has many options that I can change. I'm still pouring over it. So far though, it's solid. Looks like I could have some fun themeing this one.

it has a lot of options dont it
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#37 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I had a GNex for a little while and although it has a beautiful screen, to me, that wasn`t enough to make me keep it. I had a few issues with it that I just couldn`t handle.
The problems I had were pretty much what others have also reported. When I bought the phone, I purchased the extended battery right off. I do a lot of streaming on Tune-in Radio. Although I could make it through a good part of the day on my X with extended battery, I can`t say the same for the GNex, (with 4g off). I could barely make it from 8:00am to noon without the battery being drained. The signal on both 3 and 4g was horrible (I live in a strong 4g market), and the battery suffered, I believed, because of it. I really can`t say anything else negative about the device. Other than the issues I stated, It was very nice indeed.
I returned the GNex, case, extended battery, and screen protectors, paid the re-Stocking fees, and Bought the Maxx. The only thing I find myself missing from the GNex would be the screen, and (In times like these, .84) the bootloader. A lot of people would agree, whilst some will not, I`m sure. The Maxx meets my needs, and that`s really all that matters to anyone in the end. I like having an external SD card, the HDMI port come standard, Webtop (Tablet ICS), stronger signals in weaker places, many many accessories, Moto`s apps like smart actions, and of course, the huge battery. All of these things are and always will be a matter of personal preference. I really hope all of you that switched have good luck and a great experience with the GNex, It is an awesome piece of tech but, just as some would find the Razr, my personal needs felt it was lacking.
Just wanted to share my experience with the GNex. Not hating. Like I said, in the end, it`s what works best for you. :)
Posted Image

#38 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

This thread is making me want to get my Gnex even sooner!

[ BEWARE :: n00bs are afoot ]
  • The Kid likes this
[ sent from _base2 ]

#39 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

GNex is great and all, but I'm looking forward to quad core phones. My RAZR will hold me over nicely until then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#40 midas

midas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good luck guys. I had a Gnex for about a week. Actually, I had two of them. First one failed within 3 days. The volume up button quit working. Replacement worked fine, but the battery life was pathetic. Even with the extended battery I couldn't make it through a work day without a charge. By noon I'd be down below 35%. The screen is beautiful, but it really sucks the battery juice. I guess it's probably not much worse than the stock RAZR, but I love my MAXX.

The radios on the Razr are also better, even with flashing the 4.04 radios. I get much higher speed tests on the MAXX than I did on the Gnex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users