46 replies to this topic

#21 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

AFAIK it wasn't fixed with MR4.  You rooted first, right?

Non potest esse nisi unus

#22 Skyler

Skyler

Droidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Did you try too redownload the utility and unzip again ?

Yes I did, and this time the utility went through it's steps fine but it still isn't working. Here's where I'm at at this point: my XT926 won't go past the bootanimation. I can get into TWRP recovery, but my SD card is wiped so there's none of my many backups I made to restore to, nor are there new Roms/kernels to install. So Recovery seems pretty useless. RSD Lite (which I tried with all SBF files to be sure I wasn't using the wrong one) fails on the first step each time. HD Utility says it has restored stock Kernel and whatnot (even though a few of the steps read "FAILED!") but it hasn't, or at least doesn't seem to have. Not sure what to do at this point, if anyone has ANY suggestions I'd love to hear 'em.

#23 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

What is the error you get with rsd? I'm guessing it's a command error about a get-var command. You need to modify the xml to remove those before flashing.

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#24 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Did you copy your backups to any other device like your computer so that if this happened you could just copy it back on??

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Get my universal RSD script from my SamuriHL RAZR HD Emporium thread and flash it with the latest FXZ.  If you're unlocked it's all good.

• Skyler likes this

#26 Skyler

Skyler

Droidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

What is the error you get with rsd? I'm guessing it's a command error about a get-var command. You need to modify the xml to remove those before flashing.

From My S4 Dev Edition

Get my universal RSD script from my SamuriHL RAZR HD Emporium thread and flash it with the latest FXZ.  If you're unlocked it's all good.

I did delete the getvar files, thanks for the suggestion tho. Other sbf files still failed at step one, except SamuriHL's universal RSD script which worked perfectly, thanks a bunch! Phone restored perfectly

• SamuriHL likes this

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

I did delete the getvar files, thanks for the suggestion tho. Other sbf files still failed at step one, except SamuriHL's universal RSD script which worked perfectly, thanks a bunch! Phone restored perfectly

Glad I could help.

#28 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

So a while back I tried to flash god knows what to my xt926 with a low battery..its been some time now so I really cant remember....and of course it took a poo on me. I got the team black hat factory cable and plugged it into the computer. The only thing that happens was the led turned solid green for a few and went out. The computer said it was "malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it". I can not do ANYTHING with the phone. Nothing shows on the screen and can not load into ap fastboot. I did of course try vol up down pwr...nothing...

#29 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

I take the back.... vol up dwn pwr will reset it but nothing shows on the screen. Could only tell that bc the computer showed device connected then disconnected and the green light when on and off.

#30 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

I take the back.... vol up dwn pwr will reset it but nothing shows on the screen. Could only tell that bc the computer showed device connected then disconnected and the green light when on and off.

When it does connect, what does it say in Device Manager?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#31 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

Unknown device

The first code for usually last for 20 sec then goes to the next.

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

#32 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I feel like I need to know the timing to reset and timing to hold to get into bootloader. I don't see anything on the screen so its hard to tell when I'm resetting it or what its doing.

#33 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Nothing folks?

#34 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

I assume the charger has been on all night.  My HD uses power and volume down..do that for 10-12 seconds and immediately go to power and volume up..hopefully that will show options for recovery and fastboot.  I thought the worst when during a restore and boot it went to fastboot noting boot failure.  Recovery disappeared during restore and had to be reflashed.  Figured that out after a couple nights of sleep.  my 2 cents, sorry if this has been covered already..reading is not a strong suit.

#35 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

hold both vols then press and hold power for 8 seconds. let go of power, continue to hold vols for 2-3 seconds and let go. that should give you the menu for Recovery, Fastboot, etc

#36 Simbalage22

Simbalage22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

this worked for me! trying to root I bricked mine! THANKS FOR THE TIP

• shane1 likes this

#37 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

I have the same phone. XT926. Unlocked bootloader. I was on JB for sometime and thought about going to kk and checked out some roms. I RSD lite my phone to KK. Had some problems of the phone rebooting when I was trying to wipe my phone to installed rom. I then RSD lite my phone back to JB and then let it update that way to make sure my file was not bad. The phone worked fine on stock kk before I went to install a rom. Anyways. My phone was fully charged when doing all of this. I know the limits on my phone also. I let first KK update download and install. I went to the usps to mail out some mail. I came back to the car and my phone is off. I would not boot up. Power volume down and power volume down/up did nothing. Phone was not hot at all. I been doing a lot of searching to find a fix. I am waiting to save up for a Droid Turbo right now. One more month of donating at Bio Life and I will have one. I plugged my phone into the charger for 1 hour and nothing. I am glad I still have my OG Razr. Missed Flying Jelly rom. I have my Razr active right now till this gets fixed or I hope. I left my phone on the charger close to 24 hours or less. Still nothing. Power volume down, power volume down/up. How ever, I did notice when I plug my phone into the computer, I hear the chime when something is connected via usb. I then can power volume down and can hear the chime again like my phone just rebooted. I am lost on what to do. Any help would be greatful. 

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#38 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

I have the same phone. XT926. Unlocked bootloader. I was on JB for sometime and thought about going to kk and checked out some roms. I RSD lite my phone to KK. Had some problems of the phone rebooting when I was trying to wipe my phone to installed rom. I then RSD lite my phone back to JB and then let it update that way to make sure my file was not bad. The phone worked fine on stock kk before I went to install a rom. Anyways. My phone was fully charged when doing all of this. I know the limits on my phone also. I let first KK update download and install. I went to the usps to mail out some mail. I came back to the car and my phone is off. I would not boot up. Power volume down and power volume down/up did nothing. Phone was not hot at all. I been doing a lot of searching to find a fix. I am waiting to save up for a Droid Turbo right now. One more month of donating at Bio Life and I will have one. I plugged my phone into the charger for 1 hour and nothing. I am glad I still have my OG Razr. Missed Flying Jelly rom. I have my Razr active right now till this gets fixed or I hope. I left my phone on the charger close to 24 hours or less. Still nothing. Power volume down, power volume down/up. How ever, I did notice when I plug my phone into the computer, I hear the chime when something is connected via usb. I then can power volume down and can hear the chime again like my phone just rebooted. I am lost on what to do. Any help would be greatful. 

You may have to get a team lblackhat adapter which will allow you to flash with a dead battery,.  The 926 may not charge with out an working os installed

#39 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

You may have to get a team lblackhat adapter which will allow you to flash with a dead battery,. The 926 may not charge with out an working os installed

What is the team iblackhet adapter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#40 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users