Photo

Blurry ROM, back to stock, phone keeps rebooting.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid bionic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Trying to boot phone back to stock root.

I got into SS and slected slot 1 for stock, and hit reboot. It did everythign and said it was complete.

So then i hit reboot and its been looping for the last 5 mins. What else do I need to do?

I still have the blurry files if so needed.

I also have not did a wipe of anything, since i was concerned it would wipe out anyway for getting back to the phones system.

If I do a wipe of the Stock slot 1 again, would that possibly help?

Sorry if this is in the incorrect section

#2 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

did factory reset, cache and D wipe (cant remeber the whole name on the D word at the moment) Still same thing.

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think your problem is slot 1 vs "stock" slot - you need to select "Stock" in order to boot back into your stock ROM.  In which slot did you have blurry running?  My guess is slot 1 either didn't have a ROM installed or became corrupt somehow.  

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

I think your problem is slot 1 vs "stock" slot - you need to select "Stock" in order to boot back into your stock ROM.  In which slot did you have blurry running?  My guess is slot 1 either didn't have a ROM installed or became corrupt somehow.  

My error, Slot 1 had blurry, I am trying to boot from the Stock slot.

#5 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

ok so you selected "STOCK" and when you hit reboot, it boot-loops?  Are you able to boot into Blurry?

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#6 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

ok so you selected "STOCK" and when you hit reboot, it boot-loops?  Are you able to boot into Blurry?

exactly. Blurry boots fine.

Also, when i hit recovery from within Blurry by hitting the power button, I get the android with the red indicator.

#7 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Ok, tried it agian. hit recover in SS, made sure i was in stock slot. It did the whole recovery process. Hit reboot system, and now im stuck a t ablack screen with the buttons lit.

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have seen issues like this trying to go back to stock. I cannot remember the exact cause but unfortunately when you want to go back to stock you will probably have to hit up HoB and fastboot restore. 

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

loaded up again now with Blurry, reisntalled SS, clicked on install recovery. Powered down, booted into SS did same process, stock slot, restore, selected file named stock-stock-2013-06-06--17-56-49. system,data,cache,.android_secure all checked. enable MD5 remains unchecked. Swiped to restore. Same issue stuck with black screen after motorala logo and SS screen.

#10 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

I have seen issues like this trying to go back to stock. I cannot remember the exact cause but unfortunately when you want to go back to stock you will probably have to hit up HoB and fastboot restore. 

Bummer. I have no idea what/who HoB is, sorry. I also assume this will put me back to jellybean with no root.

#11 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Bummer. I have no idea what/who HoB is, sorry. I also assume this will put me back to jellybean with no root.

House of Bionic. 

Yes it will put you back to stock unrooted. Sorry.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#12 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

This looks like quite the task.

Looks like ill be staying on Blurry for a while, till i can make sense of all of that.

Thanks for the help

#13 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Did you do a backup of stock with a Voodoo OTA rootkeeper protect on?  I think this may be related to that.... there's a thread around here somewhere that provides more info, but basically like Memnoch said, your stock is hosed.  If it is what I'm thinking, only way to fix it is to FXZ, and that will leave you unrooted.

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Did you do a backup of stock with a Voodoo OTA rootkeeper protect on?  I think this may be related to that....

Oh yeah man that was it!! How did we fix it. Is there a file you can delete?? 

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Not sure what happened to your stock system, but I would try a few things before doing the whole RSDlite process.

1.  I would select stock ROM and wipe cache and factory reset (dont wipe system).  Then reboot.

2.  I would try to restore a nandroid without checking cache and android secure (and maybe even data).

#16 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Did you do a backup of stock with a Voodoo OTA rootkeeper protect on?  I think this may be related to that.... there's a thread around here somewhere that provides more info, but basically like Memnoch said, your stock is hosed.  If it is what I'm thinking, only way to fix it is to FXZ, and that will leave you unrooted.

I believe so, for some reason this was deleted with blurry. I just reistalled it. Should I click on protect root at this time? everything is checked except Protected su copy available.

Not sure what happened to your stock system, but I would try a few things before doing the whole RSDlite process.

1.  I would select stock ROM and wipe cache and factory reset (dont wipe system).  Then reboot.

2.  I would try to restore a nandroid without checking cache and android secure (and maybe even data).

I will try this now and get back to you

#17 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I believe so, for some reason this was deleted with blurry. I just reistalled it. Should I click on protect root at this time? everything is checked except Protected su copy available.

no leave voodoo out of the picture for now, try what eye_dea said first...

#18 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Unclick everything in voodoo and delete your backup. Then try your stock restore again

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

no leave voodoo out of the picture for now, try what eye_dea said first...

This voodoo thing was the issue. That will fix it I believe

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

ok tried the ss boot without cache or .android.secure checked. still no go.

Ill try the voodoo process.. when you say delete my back up is that the backup i have saved in which i am trying to start thru SS on? or a backup within voodoo. Im loading up in blurry now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users