Photo

Blurry ROM, back to stock, phone keeps rebooting.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

ok tried the ss boot without cache or .android.secure checked. still no go.

Ill try the voodoo process.. when you say delete my back up is that the backup i have saved in which i am trying to start thru SS on? or a backup within voodoo. Im loading up in blurry now.

Your SU backup in Voodoo

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#22 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid bionic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

ok. did that, same thing is happening :mellow:

#23 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

ok. did that, same thing is happening :mellow:

Ah Crap.. That's all the ideas I have man. Except for fastbooting back. Sorry. Maybe if you read around in the Bionic JB root thread you may find info on the loading stock rom problem. That may be where I saw it to begin with.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#24 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ah Crap.. That's all the ideas I have man. Except for fastbooting back. Sorry. Maybe if you read around in the Bionic JB root thread you may find info on the loading stock rom problem. That may be where I saw it to begin with.

That sucks! oh well, maybe i'll justy hold on to Blurry for a bit, and see if some of the issues im having with it will be fixed. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

#25 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

That sucks! oh well, maybe i'll justy hold on to Blurry for a bit, and see if some of the issues im having with it will be fixed. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

No problem man... Sorry we couldn't get you fixed up but at least your phone boots to something usable for now

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#26 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Dont be sorry, im just glad its not totally bricked!

Thats all part of the risks involved. Oh well.

#27 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

I found some other info that says my theory was correct. Unfortunately the only way to get back to the stock rom for you is to fastboot. Good news is once you do that, root and re-install SS without using voodoo at all you will have no problem going back to your stock rom in the future.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#28 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'd like to try and understand this better as I just made my first stock nandoid back up in safestrap (I also have TiBu backup on my ext-SD card).   I made the back up, then went to safeside to flash FJ 1.1.  Right now I'm on FJ with no problems. 

I think I still have root as I installed the AdAway apk file given to me and it asked for root permissions.  I'm mildly concerned because I was getting error messages when I first tried to install AdAway and it said I had to update the su binary file and denied AdAway installation because I didn't have root.  By then my battery was less than 10%.  After battery was fully charged, I rebooted, reinstalled AdAway and root permissions were granted. 

So, with this Nandriod, does that mean I can't boot back to stock because I have VooDoo installed with root protected?   If I want to go back to stock, do I have to FXZ through HOB?  I had to do this after I lost root when JB updated OTA and can probably do it again if I have to, just very time consuming and my husband is already fed up with my android addiction.  Thanks.

#29 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'd like to try and understand this better as I just made my first stock nandoid back up in safestrap (I also have TiBu backup on my ext-SD card).   I made the back up, then went to safeside to flash FJ 1.1.  Right now I'm on FJ with no problems. 

I think I still have root as I installed the AdAway apk file given to me and it asked for root permissions.  I'm mildly concerned because I was getting error messages when I first tried to install AdAway and it said I had to update the su binary file and denied AdAway installation because I didn't have root.  By then my battery was less than 10%.  After battery was fully charged, I rebooted, reinstalled AdAway and root permissions were granted. 

So, with this Nandriod, does that mean I can't boot back to stock because I have VooDoo installed with root protected?   If I want to go back to stock, do I have to FXZ through HOB?  I had to do this after I lost root when JB updated OTA and can probably do it again if I have to, just very time consuming and my husband is already fed up with my android addiction.  Thanks.

If your nandroid has voodoo with root protected you are gonna have the same problem as this thread. Sorry to say. Fastbooting will be your only fix. But that's only if you want to go back to stock. If you stay running roms you'll be fine. Usually the only reason to go back to stock is OTAs and I believe you won't be getting anymore on the Bionic

• kellym likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#30 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

If your nandroid has voodoo with root protected you are gonna have the same problem as this thread. Sorry to say. Fastbooting will be your only fix. But that's only if you want to go back to stock. If you stay running roms you'll be fine. Usually the only reason to go back to stock is OTAs and I believe you won't be getting anymore on the Bionic

I have voodoo installed, but haven't touched it in months, honestly have no idea if the protect feature was on when I made the nandroid.

I'm quite content on FJ, and you've made a good point about not really needing to back to stock, anyway.  No need to test the waters and make extra work for myself (or all of you whom I'll come crying to).  Sam's HOB utility is great, I've used it several times, good to know it's there if something comes up.  Many thanks for responding so quickly, good night.

• Memnoch73 and LDubs like this

#31 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

ok sorry to hijack this thread slightly but Kelly's point brings up another question - let's say I have Voodoo backing up root.  I have no desire to go back to stock.  I have not made a nandroid of stock.  If I want to backup a ROM (currently running liquid in slot 3) just in case something gets borked and I need to restore it, would I still have this issue? i.e. is this only related to nandroid of STOCK, or ANY nandroid?  

I think, since the bionic is not slated to receive any more OTAs, that it would make the most sense to simply remove all root protection, and then backup and restore to my heart's content, but I'm still curious about my question above.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#32 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Good question for sure. I have only seen this issue related to the stock rom. My gut says you would be fine restoring a nandroid of a rom but I guess until someone tries it we won't know for sure.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#33 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Very good question LDubs. I was thinking going flying jelly but I didn't know if I needed to go back to stock rom first.

...so if I've gathered this correctly voodoo is the culprit with my situation? It doesn't sound like it makes sense for me to keep it any longer either so I'll uninstall.

Also and this is way off topic, are the only fully functional ROMs for jellybean blurry and flying jelly? I was going to run liquid but it seemed to be for ICS only.

Thanks everyone for the info and questions!

#34 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

ok sorry to hijack this thread slightly but Kelly's point brings up another question - let's say I have Voodoo backing up root.  I have no desire to go back to stock.  I have not made a nandroid of stock.  If I want to backup a ROM (currently running liquid in slot 3) just in case something gets borked and I need to restore it, would I still have this issue? i.e. is this only related to nandroid of STOCK, or ANY nandroid?  

I think, since the bionic is not slated to receive any more OTAs, that it would make the most sense to simply remove all root protection, and then backup and restore to my heart's content, but I'm still curious about my question above.

Good question for sure. I have only seen this issue related to the stock rom. My gut says you would be fine restoring a nandroid of a rom but I guess until someone tries it we won't know for sure.

Yes, it only affect the Stock nandroid backups, you can backup and restore your SS slots without a problem (at least that's been my experience).

• LDubs likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#35 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yes, it only affect the Stock nandroid backups, you can backup and restore your SS slots without a problem (at least that's been my experience).

Thank you SIr!

Very good question LDubs. I was thinking going flying jelly but I didn't know if I needed to go back to stock rom first.

...so if I've gathered this correctly voodoo is the culprit with my situation? It doesn't sound like it makes sense for me to keep it any longer either so I'll uninstall.

Also and this is way off topic, are the only fully functional ROMs for jellybean blurry and flying jelly? I was going to run liquid but it seemed to be for ICS only.

Thanks everyone for the info and questions!

You do not have to have to return to stock to flash another ROM.  You can set up up to 4 slots using safestrap and flash/switch between multiple ROMs.  In fact you probably never need to return to stock at all if you're going to run custom ROMs...  re available JB ROMs, Blurry and Flying Jelly are the only ones I've seen (at least on this site) that are built off the official 4.1.2. JB release (Blur-based).  But there are a few others that are CM10.1, Kexec-based, that run perfectly fine with JB - LiquidSmooth, AOKP, CM10.1, Carbon, and OD-RedHot (MrLolli Dev) to name a few, that work quite nicely with JB.  Occasionally will have issues where they lock up but for the most part are pretty fab.  I've been running Liquid on my Bionic both on ICS and JB as my daily driver for a while now.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#36 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Thank you SIr!

You do not have to have to return to stock to flash another ROM.  You can set up up to 4 slots using safestrap and flash/switch between multiple ROMs.  In fact you probably never need to return to stock at all if you're going to run custom ROMs...  re available JB ROMs, Blurry and Flying Jelly are the only ones I've seen (at least on this site) that are built off the official 4.1.2. JB release (Blur-based).  But there are a few others that are CM10.1, Kexec-based, that run perfectly fine with JB - LiquidSmooth, AOKP, CM10.1, Carbon, and OD-RedHot (MrLolli Dev) to name a few, that work quite nicely with JB.  Occasionally will have issues where they lock up but for the most part are pretty fab.  I've been running Liquid on my Bionic both on ICS and JB as my daily driver for a while now.

excellent! Thank you! i originally wanted to try liquid, so, I think im going that route. Thanks alot man!

blurrys getting worse and worse for me. now i cant load any pages on my browser

#37 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

excellent! Thank you! i originally wanted to try liquid, so, I think im going that route. Thanks alot man!

blurrys getting worse and worse for me. now i cant load any pages on my browser

Its possible that you flashed or updated to the messed up 2.5 which has debugging enabled. I forgot to disable it in one of the init.d script, and it can cause the phone to slow down and have problems because it writes a huge log file in /data/init.d.loader.log. Fortunately it was fixed today, as well as the OTA Updater version.

Good luck on finding one that works great with your phone.

#38 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Its possible that you flashed or updated to the messed up 2.5 which has debugging enabled. I forgot to disable it in one of the init.d script, and it can cause the phone to slow down and have problems because it writes a huge log file in /data/init.d.loader.log. Fortunately it was fixed today, as well as the OTA Updater version.

Good luck on finding one that works great with your phone.

Possibly! I love the ROM except for these little issues. I will check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users