Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I'm waiting for this thing to get stable. I've always found AOKP ROMs to have too many essential functions that don't work.... GPS, BT, MMS, etc. Haven't found one yet where everything works. Hopefully this will be the one. This Dev is very dedicated to quality.

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#22 pt3rodactyl

pt3rodactyl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi, you seem to be a fantastic dev in both quality in your ROMs and replying when someone has a problem, I am sure that almost everybody who reads this agrees (there's always gonna be THAT GUY who has to hate) haha anyways keep on doing what you do, for it makes many people happy :-) I have encountered a problem with this particular rom though.. I recently purchased a Bluetooth wireless headphones.. And twice now while connected to my phone via Bt, the system reboots then I am unable to turn BT on (the 1st time I reflashed but now I approach you with this prob) are you aware of this problem and do you have a solution? I really really like this rom but I will have to try another one unless you have the answer! Thanks

#23 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi, you seem to be a fantastic dev in both quality in your ROMs and replying when someone has a problem, I am sure that almost everybody who reads this agrees (there's always gonna be THAT GUY who has to hate) haha anyways keep on doing what you do, for it makes many people happy :-) I have encountered a problem with this particular rom though.. I recently purchased a Bluetooth wireless headphones.. And twice now while connected to my phone via Bt, the system reboots then I am unable to turn BT on (the 1st time I reflashed but now I approach you with this prob) are you aware of this problem and do you have a solution? I really really like this rom but I will have to try another one unless you have the answer! Thanks

I'll add this to the bug list in the OP (My "To-do" list). I thought I had it working with no problems. I connected 1.0.3 up to my car with no issues, but I haven't checked 1.0.4 since my wife is using my car. So no quick answer, just an addition to my to-do list whenever I get around to it :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#24 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Love the rom, but no MMS working. No bueno. :-(

I thought it was working, but it might not be. I'm not running AOKP now since I'm working on CM10.1. Once I've finished CM10.1 I will go back to AOKP and check this out. If it isn't working then I'm afraid it wont be fixed until the next update which I'm not sure when that will be. I'll keep you posted though.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#25 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I thought it was working, but it might not be. I'm not running AOKP now since I'm working on CM10.1. Once I've finished CM10.1 I will go back to AOKP and check this out. If it isn't working then I'm afraid it wont be fixed until the next update which I'm not sure when that will be. I'll keep you posted though.

My MMS works fine just a bit slow sometimes. I use text messaging and then add attachment from there

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#26 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Love the rom, but no MMS working. No bueno. :-(

On second thought, try using a third party app such as GO SMS. I think that should work. Let me know!

bWyLE9l.jpg

#27 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'll add this to the bug list in the OP (My "To-do" list). I thought I had it working with no problems. I connected 1.0.3 up to my car with no issues, but I haven't checked 1.0.4 since my wife is using my car. So no quick answer, just an addition to my to-do list whenever I get around to it :)

I've had this issue on my phone another ROM, I ran into it because I use the tablet talk app.

The fix I've found is to wipe cache and dalvik cache. You can do this in recovery or using an app like titanium backup. If using titanium, all you only have to clear is the cache on the Bluetooth, not everything although that will work also.

Sent from my IdeaTabS2109A-F using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#28 pt3rodactyl

pt3rodactyl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I've had this issue on my phone another ROM, I ran into it because I use the tablet talk app.

The fix I've found is to wipe cache and dalvik cache. You can do this in recovery or using an app like titanium backup. If using titanium, all you only have to clear is the cache on the Bluetooth, not everything although that will work also.

Thanks! The titanium backup worked!
  • androidlearner likes this

#29 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Thanks! The titanium backup worked!

Glad to help!

#30 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I haven't seen any mention of HDMI (neither working or non). Anyone have any luck using HDMI? I haven't been able to get it to work at all...

I actually installed the recent release of CM10.1 on rom slot 1 am experiencing the same issue there (no HDMI) - I'm guessing this is a global 4.2.2 issue? Anyone have any insight on this?

#31 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

It was just stuck on the "Xtreme Alarm" screen where you normally would be able to snooze or dismiss the alarm. The screen was on but was totally unresponsive to any  button presses. To be fair though, I might have been half asleep and not given it enough time to correct itself. :p Will keep tabs on things. For now I altered my alarm settings via Xtreme Alarm & Sleep as an Android to 2 minutes apart just in case two alarms going off at the same time finally caused a problem.

Yea I'm not a morning person, lol... Takes many alarms to wake me. :ph34r:

I honestly had this exact same thing happen to me, everything locked up with Alarm clock xtreme. In my case I also had an alternate alarm clock app i was testing out... Weird. I uninstalled the other app and haven't experienced the issue since.

#32 Mayank

Mayank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Can not send message through gsm network.

#33 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Can not send message through gsm network.

I haven't made a GSM patch for this ROM yet :p

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bWyLE9l.jpg

#34 smithfolk4

smithfolk4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Just wanted to give an update on a post I made on the combined Blur/AOKP page (pg 52, post 1536) regarding the inability to boot into the AOKP consistently.  I didn't go back to stock and redo Safestrap as you recommended.  I just reflashed one more time, set up the phone, and now it is working fine. I may have been doing something wrong with the CPU sleeper.  Not sure if that would have caused it, but it acted different when I enabled it this time.  

ROM seems very nice and smooth and works well.  Not using for my daily ROM, just learning about AOKP options and testing.  Need to get used to this.

Thanks.  

#35 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

0yMLgKN.png

Is live!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

bWyLE9l.jpg

#36 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Whatever you did in this last update was unbelievable. Best battery stats I've ever experienced on this phone on AOKP or cm 10. Downloading the new cm now willing to give it a test flight!

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxxfrom another dimension...

Attached Files

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#37 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Built in "Tether" options and my external Wifi Tether apps no workie in this rom :(

#38 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Lazer;

just fyi - i am posting this message via a laptop that is using the 'baked in' portable WiFi hotpsot function of the AOKP 1.0.4. ROM.

Not sure what you should do to troubleshoot this since the settings are fixed. You can change the SSID name...maybe change the security settings? 'Open' for starters?

Else all other standard responses probably apply; wipes, fix permission, reflash...

#39 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Lazer;

just fyi - i am posting this message via a laptop that is using the 'baked in' portable WiFi hotpsot function of the AOKP 1.0.4. ROM.

Not sure what you should do to troubleshoot this since the settings are fixed. You can change the SSID name...maybe change the security settings? 'Open' for starters?

Else all other standard responses probably apply; wipes, fix permission, reflash...

Hrmm, Odd. I did already try "open network". When I booted back into "Stock" and ran the tether app, I was able to instantly connect to my tablet. I've done cache/dalvik and fix permissions just a day ago. Maybe I will repeat them today and try again.

#40 RoaRk

RoaRk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR XT912

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Just stopping in to say that I just switched from the Aviator CM build to this Aviator AOKP build. I'm getting stronger radio signals (seemingly) with this build and I am loving it so far. Keep up the great work everyone!

• The Persuader likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, AOKP, 4.2.2, ZKK007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users