106 replies to this topic

#41 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Ok, Hotspot now working on this AOKP Rom. I uninstalled my previous FoxFi App along with two external tethering apps, Rebooted wiped cache/dalvik and fixed permissions. Posting this now from my tablet - tethered.

Not to figure out what is wrong with this in CM10.1... for that thread... (sigh)

#42 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Not saying that it is the definite answer, but we have been having a large bit of sunspot activity lately. This could be the reason for all our GPS problems...maybe. my old lg ally has no problem getting a GPS lock, though.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#43 bingo6104

bingo6104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Loving this ROM. Been really smooth. I'm trying to get my fb contact photos to sync with my contacts .I have uninstalled fb and synced with no luck ? Any ideas ?

#44 bingo6104

bingo6104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Is their a MMS fix ? I'm not able yo send them nor pictures through fb messenger ?

#45 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Is their a MMS fix ? I'm not able yo send them nor pictures through fb messenger ?

MMS works for me, but some people are having issues. I recommended getting a third party message app for now until the next update comes out :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#46 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

This is my first reported problem since the new updated AOKP. Now the problem I'm having is that my wallpaper is completely black. When I long press on the wallpaper it does not allow me to select a wallpaper as it used to.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

28.49KB   26 downloads as you can see even when this menu comes up the background will appear but as soon as I press my home button my original home screen displays with no wallpaper

43.81KB   24 downloads Even the system settings page is allowing the menu to be transparent and backgrounds coming up there.

41.61KB   24 downloads I have use the holo theme from time to time it is selectable through the AOKP theme chooser. I have the default apex theme on through the apex theme chooser. I've tried selecting and deselecting each of these themes to see if anything changes but nothing does. So does anybody have a quick fix for a suggestion so that I don't have to completely reinstall the rom and all my info? P. S. I did try a cache and dvalik wipe and a fix permissions and none of this has worked she still a black wallpaper sent from my Droid RAZR Maxxfrom another dimension...

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#47 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Very silly mistake I made under apex settings there is a box to display wallpaper it had somehow become unchecked and that was my problem so please totally disregard the previous post I feel like a dummy

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxxfrom another dimension...

#48 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Very silly mistake I made under apex settings there is a box to display wallpaper it had somehow become unchecked and that was my problem so please totally disregard the previous post I feel like a dummy

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxxfrom another dimension...

You ain't a dummy...... everyone makes mistakes now and then ;)
  • mattkilla likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#49 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hey John maybe you can help me with this one the custom boot animation under the roms control keeps crashing everytime I open it what I would like to do is put my own custom boot animation on here I've got 1i downloaded from another site and its in a zip folder I just don't know how to apply it. maybe anyone can help please

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#50 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hey John maybe you can help me with this one the custom boot animation under the roms control keeps crashing everytime I open it what I would like to do is put my own custom boot animation on here I've got 1i downloaded from another site and its in a zip folder I just don't know how to apply it. maybe anyone can help please

Open the zip file with an explorer (root explorer, es file explorer, Rom toolbox etc) and extract the bootanimation.zip file and move it to data local. Set permissions to rw-r--r-- (644) and reboot.

• mattkilla likes this

#51 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I occasionally have problems with SMS messages not getting delivered. Not sure if it is for more than one person, though, it may just be my wife's phone acting up (she's running stock JB). Her phone occasionally doesn't even ring when you call it.

#52 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Tagging to keep up to date. I'm still on 1.0.3 and I like it, everything I need/use works. Keep up the great work ZKK!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#53 coovie

coovie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

i really would like a link for 1.0.3 can someone please provide one ?

#54 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

i really would like a link for 1.0.3 can someone please provide one ?

Here is 1.0.3

• coovie likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#55 coovie

coovie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

thanks alot for posting that 1.0.3 b16.. i appreciate it and sorry for posting in wrong thread...

i finally got 1.0.4 to work but the notification bar transparency gets messy (also unable to find it under interface) when loading play store you can see it change colors but the worst part is i kept getting a message saying i was close to mobile data limit even though the checkmark is unchecked in data usage and i have unlimited data.  

i was able to recover 1.0.3 backup which was tricky but i figured it out (was getting random reboots - cleared cache and dalvik then ran fix permissions) so im back running 1.0.3 but now that i have this i wont have to worry if anything bad happens because i have this file..

fwiw, the battery life is 1.0.3 is amazing. i will post a pic

thanks again!

#56 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

If you're having MMS issues, try this:

• Dial *#*#4636#*#*, Scroll down and set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA, then exit back to home screen.
  • Open Menu>Settings>More... >Mobile Network>Network Mode and select LTE/CDMA/EvDo
  • Exit back to home screen and reboot.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#57 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I have put a v2.0.0 test build in the OP :) Please ignore any OTA update notifications that might come up for now.

This test build is based on the latest AOKP Spyder nightly.

Enjoy! :D

bWyLE9l.jpg

#58 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Getting "Calander Force close" on startup with Test 2.0.0, Tried another cache & dalvik wipe then "Fix Permissions" - Problem persists.

Otherwise, working fine so far.

#59 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Okay, something wacky is going on. Everything was going pretty well running on 1.0.4. I had just finished reading an email using Touchdown and the screen looked like it was going to sleep, but got stuck in half-dim mode. So I tried to reboot into recovery (with 3-finger reboot), wipe cache and fix permissions, but when I tried to boot up into the ROM again, all I got was a black screen for about 5 minutes. This happened once before with another ROM, and I had to flash a new rom. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks.

Update: Here's what I had to do to fix it. I rebooted into Safestrap again, activated Stock and booted into that. Once Stock was up, I powered off the phone, booted up into Safestrap and activated Slot 2 again. I then was able to boot successfully into Aviator again. Odd.

Edited by snort, 11 July 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#60 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Getting "Calander Force close" on startup with Test 2.0.0, Tried another cache & dalvik wipe then "Fix Permissions" - Problem persists.

Otherwise, working fine so far.

Noted :)

I'm having trouble with some of the major system apk in recompiling and decompiling. So I might wait until the next build comes out before I go ahead and update Aviator AOKP. So it could be awhile :p In the meantime, check out Aviator CM10.1!

bWyLE9l.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, AOKP, 4.2.2, ZKK007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users