Photo

[Recovery] Droid Razr Safestrap - Boot Into 2 Different Systems On 1 Razr!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#1 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

First off Thank you so much! ! I got this link from @Hashofcodes Follow for amazing DEV work. I also want to thank everyone involved in this awesome Safestrap. I've been in crackflasher's rehab.. anyways here is the link! !!!

What is Safestrap?

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. The goal is to avoid touching your primary system (I'll call this 1st system) and only flash or make large changes to another place on your phone that Safestrap treats as a "2nd system" (in this case it's the /preinstall partition)

Instructions on how to use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Download the Safestrap App

UPDATE!
Posted by Hashcode on 12-15-11 @ 7:15PM
Looks like the Safestrap for RAZR isn't compatible w/ the XT910 for some reason. Or at least the 2nd-system isn't working for it -- backups are probably fine. I'm looking into it.
  • Bignadad, mugsy77 and jimfromthegym like this

#2 skiwong20

skiwong20

Developer

• Developer
  • 172 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hell yeah, thank Hashcode, thanks droidth3ory for bringing over this awesome app for use. Very useful
Lets the sun and the moon collide! eclipserom.com

#3 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

Has anyone tried this yet? I was reading through the comments on the given page and was seeing a few issues that people were having. I didn't notice if it was finally said to be human error or something wrong with the program, they did mention that a rom people could be using might be a issue since it already safestrap files installed. I didn't see if anyone using a RAZR successfully attempted installing either.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#4 skiwong20

skiwong20

Developer

• Developer
  • 172 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

Has anyone tried this yet? I was reading through the comments on the given page and was seeing a few issues that people were having. I didn't notice if it was finally said to be human error or something wrong with the program, they did mention that a rom people could be using might be a issue since it already safestrap files installed. I didn't see if anyone using a RAZR successfully attempted installing either.

I have used this morning. It works great. I am on VZW Droid razr. I have odex stock as non safe. And on my safe system I am running the deodex rom from nitro. I have it working just fine. Make sure u follow Hashcode's directions.
Lets the sun and the moon collide! eclipserom.com

#5 2swizzle

2swizzle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:twoswizzle

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

I too have tried this and it's amazing.... Just make sure to remove any other bootstrap and just install the Safe Strap Apk. Your done. Running Verizon Droid

#6 stevessvt

stevessvt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

Before doing this, what if you did the boot in to CWR every boot? I understand removing razr bootstrap, but what about the boot in to CWR scripts?

#7 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

It works like a charm I booted ICS on to my Razr Yesterday morning using it.
  • skiwong20 and oldman10 like this

#8 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

This works great! Highly Recommended

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Odiej34

Odiej34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:Odiej34
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

The comments below were for the d3 not razr. Works great by the way. New donation to the site in coming.
  • Bignadad likes this

#10 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

OK I just rooted my phone last night and didn't flash anything yet. No bootstrap, no CWM on boot, only thing installed is TB. Can I just put this on my SD card and install it with no worries or should I install one of the previously mentioned programs first?

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#11 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

OK I just rooted my phone last night and didn't flash anything yet. No bootstrap, no CWM on boot, only thing installed is TB. Can I just put this on my SD card and install it with no worries or should I install one of the previously mentioned programs first?

If you are rooted, you only need to install safestrap to be able to flash ROMs.

If you want to flash theme's you need to do via bootstrap.

Just uninstall/reinstall which ever you need.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Yeah!! Glad to see Safestrap for the RAZR, since I'd been using it on my Droid 3. Though its not the complete safety net of a fastboot recovery file, which we don't yet have, I now feel safe(strap) enough to go ahead and root my Razr today. I was about dying there after a brain-numbing 2 days on a non-rooted device. :wacko:

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#13 dchurch85

dchurch85

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

How do I install different backups for safe and non-safe? Where do I want the main system to be and where do I want my deodexed themed rom to be?

#14 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Rather than re-invent the wheel, here are some Safestrap resources that I've used to better understand the what/why/how:

HOW-TO Safestrap

FAQ:

Tutorial for safestrap/bootstrap switching

#15 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

The download of Razr's comes in as RAZRSafestrap-1.0 but is this actually 1.07? Thanks!

#16 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

The download of Razr's comes in as RAZRSafestrap-1.0 but is this actually 1.07? Thanks!

Yeah, tho I haven't yet run 1.07 since I won't get to rooting my phone until little later today (it force closes until rooted). However, I'd used 1.05 and 1.06 on my D3. That question had come up won a D3 forum, to which Hashcode had indicated though it shows 1.0, he only updates that number upon a major revision (dunno why). So even the most recent 1.06 version (at that time) on my D3 had shown 1.0 on the download file ... yet when opening it up 1.06 appeared in the corner so you'd know the version number.

EDIT: This will confirm after rooting and opening Safestrap, its showing me 1.07 in lower left corner.

#17 2swizzle

2swizzle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:twoswizzle

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Are there any roms for the razr without all the bs bloatware? I know Therory had posted one but he took that link down.

#18 brkshr

brkshr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

I ran into a problem disabling safe system. I removed CWR, installed safestrap, enabled safe system, installed Nitros deodex rom, booted, went back into safestrap, installed Bigs ICS theme, booted, went back into safestap, tried to disable safe system... and I get an 'Error while restoring /data!' for Original system. I'm stuck on safe system currently. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: I did make a backup both before CWR uninstall & before enabling safe system. So I should be able to get back to normal as soon as I can get out of safe system.

#19 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

... I'm stuck on safe system currently. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you try #6 under "Some cliffs notes for Safestrap" in the above tutorial link I posted ... found here:

#20 Baumann

Baumann

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi,
Safestrap is working for me, but i think something doesn´t work while flashing a rom in safe mode.
Flashing the FTS v0.1.1 for example tooks about 15 seconds. So what am I doing wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users