Adding Sound To A Custom Boot Animation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hello All, this is my first post to DroidRazr.com. I do understand that a post should not be necessary until research has been performed by the poster. I have found various posts describing how to add sound to a boot animation, but have been having difficulty in getting it to work (I think) because I have a custom rom installed already. I am using Andlaw's Black Widow and might I say, great job Andlaw, you have made a ROM so good that I don't even want to search for an alternative to flash. I have minimal Linux knowledge and I really like how android is so closely related to it.

First off, I have already installed a boot anim that is different from the default Black Widow boot anim. (I renamed the original to bootanimation.bak)
The bootanimation I installed is a really sweet Zelda one where a snes based Link holds a spinning glowing triforce. I was thinking about adding a small sound clip to play alongside it as it boots, and try to convince some friends to install custom roms. I don't know what it is about flashing roms, there is just this unexplainable thrill..
Anyways, if you need more information please let me know, and I apologize to the moderators if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks for your time!
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
https://www.paypal.c...gif%3aNonHosted

#2 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Great news, I found a solution. I haven't tried it yet but I will post it for reference to others. After I succeed (or fail) I will post my findings.

Link-

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Droid Razor (Droid Spyder mod by andlaw) with Fapatalk
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:

#3 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

You realize that all you have to do is take a boot sound file, rename it to android_audio.mp3, move file to /system/media and just move older one to sdcard. Root explorer is needed for this however.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#4 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

Can't I just use es explorer with root permissions? It still has read/write access in the system folder. The guide I found above says your boot animation sound you choose has to be converted to ogg format. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but since your method seems easier I will give it a try first.

#5 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

5/17- I have tried both the guide I posted and theonlycosmic's method and have yet to succeed. The guide makes use of Absolute System by going into the bootanimation.zip editor and editing the desc.txt. After specifying where the sound file is (TheLegendOfZelda.ogg) in system\media it was still mute. After trying an .mp3 file instead it didnt work, and even after copying the .ogg file to system\media\audio\notifications and later trying to copy it to data/local it STILL didnt work. I noticed in the zelda bootanimation desc.txt it specifically says #sound files will be loaded from data\local. So, even though I am sure the # represents a comment and doesnt actually make any changes I tried changing it to say #sound files will be loaded from system\media.

Yes, my knowledge is limited in the android operating system and how the commands run..that won't stop me from trying. I will of course keep things backed up in case I mess something up and cause a boot loop. I beleive the only information I am missing here is where exactly a Droid Razr loads its boot sounds from. I invite anyone in their superior android development skills to just school me here and make me look like an idiot if need be. It takes a lot to offend me lol.

EDIT 5/18

I have tried a few new more things, still not working.There's a guide out there that instructed me to download a bootsnd.sh that can be executed through the phone terminal emulator..I ran this and still had no luck. The guide said no lines would be returned/response, and yet I had a line something along the lines stating:"no such user root:shell" i m going to research this message, sounds like I didn't authenticate myself correctly. (I just used su, I am assuming this is much like the sudo root command)

#6 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Okay so I found the solution for this FINALLY!! I have been trying to get this sonic boot animation to work that has an attached sound with the classic SEEGGAAA.

I found several guides explaining how to use the sh bootsnd.sh method. This website here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is the only place that actually explains how to edit some system files to delete some entries that the bootsnd.sh script creates. Once I applied that, BOOM I have boot sound! So excited.

#7 WildTurkey00

WildTurkey00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

tried it and it did not work for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users