Photo

[ROM] [xt912] [JB .16] Blurry 2.2 (Official Build 10-18-13)

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#41 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Here's my feedback after day 1 on the Beta build:

*Speed/Responsiveness - Fastest of any XT912 ROM. Superior to stock.
*GPS Navigation Lock- Seems to acquire satellite instantly.
*Data- Both 3g and LTE speeds are through the roof. Did you tweak network settings?
*Music/Sound- The highlight of this ROM for me. Explosive, crystal clear sound, booming bass, loud volume. The best.
*Battery- Seems noticeably longer lasting compared to stock ROM & AOSP/ Cyanogen based ROMs... and that's coming from someone who doesn't own a Max, and keeps LTE on.
*Settings- Impressive extended options cooked into the system settings app. Definitely gives the feel of having a Cyanogen based ROM on a stock based ROM.
*Memory Management- No lags, no hiccups, true multitasking without freezing... the way Android should be on this device.
*Theme- 10/10... Thank you Lord Sweet Jesus for replacing that ugly green stock MotoPhone app... I Love the glowing blue theme. Always have. Beautiful Framework, Boot Animation, Lock Screen, Notification Toggles, SystemUI Bar, Settings Menu, and you're not finished w/ the theming? Can't wait to see what you do with the rest.
**Web top works 100% in case anyone with a lapdock was wondering**

The only "glitches" or "bugs" I've caught is the boot animation reads XT875. However, I know you based this on your Bionic build, and who cares? It's a boot animation. Also, you're using some kind of modded browser, not the default Moto Stock Browser, and for some reason when I type a search/site into the navigation bar, the drop down menu of recommended sites/searches has an odd graphical glitch that only shows the text in a very narrow, distorted frame. This was present in alpha build also.

Personal future theming preferences:

*Blue themed Text Messaging icon*... like this sexy lil dude.
quick reply would be amazing if you could integrate it.
*Black framework backgrounds*... vs. The grey... just a personal preference, but it'd make your glowing blue theme POP on our SAMOLED screens...
*As many inverted apps as possible *... again just love black. Inverted Google Keep app for sure.
*Stock Moto File Manager is great... Personally I prefer it to Open Intents
*The SD card switch hack would be great so downloads can go on the SD and not internal storage. I can give you the vfold.fstab file if you need it.
*Take out the B logo on the system UI or at least make it slightly smaller... definitely leave the Blurry lettering on the tail though.. and trademark that $#!+. Blurred Effectz™
*The OG YouTube downloader app in place of the YouTube system apk would be another good mod. Beta 7 is the best.
*I remember the thing I miss most about my Droid Bionic was that in the settings menu under storage, you could transfer media files from internal storage to external SD... The RAZR doesn't have this option... if you could do this, or the SD swap hack mentioned above, I'd be super grateful.
*I don't know if it's even possible, but I really miss the Motoprint app. Made my lapdock just as useful as a netbook.

Things I hope you don't change:
*Almost everything.. really this rom is nearly perfect and is definitely a stable daily driver.
*Please keep both the Moto Cam & Gallery... motocam has so many more options vs AOSP
camera app.

We will take some your ideas into consideration. Ive been working on an icon pack to match the rom color scheme, which I purposely designed so that later on I can easily transfer the blue into other colors. Ive noticed some of the changes in the screenshots you posted, one of the reasons for certain icons being the same throughout the ROM such as the wifi, vibration, bluetooth, and settings icons, is to bring uniformity to the theme. Having different icons for the same functions tends to be confusing and detracts from uniform approach Ive been trying to take. Trust me, there are plenty of changes Id like to make, some that are similar to your own.

I mainly did the dark grey for the background in apps because I liked the two tone look with the status bar being all black. Just a personal preference of mine... plus all I own is a bionic. I dont remember if their is a difference in the screen types or not, so it may indeed look a lot better all black on the Razr. I see you changed the screenshot icon in the status bar. I also thought adding the cloud and sun was a bit much, but I had the bottom of the border so thick because in my creativity I figured Id try and make it look like a polaroid lol. Ive just been trying to be abstract and creative while staying within the bounds of familiarity.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback! Its always good to hear a constructive critique.

#42 zachariahpope

zachariahpope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hey no problem, I'm just glad to pass some ideas along... what I'm going to do is reupload your ROM with the changes I've made, and I'll let you guys decide what, if anything you'd like to keep or change. Of course I'm not trying to distribute your work so I won't post that D/L link on here, I'll private message you a link. Also, I see there are multiple devas on this project. Please keep in mind, I'm by no means a developer, so if you decide you don't want to use anything, I promise you, my feelings will not be hurt, I'm just happy you guys actually cared about what I had to say.. I'll have that link to you ASAP. I have to work all day today... as you can see I don't get on this site to post often, if one of you guys has a facebook , add me. Zachariah Pope Dublin, GA. One last thing, I'm surprised you guys are building this project blind... if you want a RAZR, I'll be happy to donate you one. 

#43 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hey no problem, I'm just glad to pass some ideas along... what I'm going to do is reupload your ROM with the changes I've made, and I'll let you guys decide what, if anything you'd like to keep or change. Of course I'm not trying to distribute your work so I won't post that D/L link on here, I'll private message you a link. Also, I see there are multiple devas on this project. Please keep in mind, I'm by no means a developer, so if you decide you don't want to use anything, I promise you, my feelings will not be hurt, I'm just happy you guys actually cared about what I had to say.. I'll have that link to you ASAP. I have to work all day today... as you can see I don't get on this site to post often, if one of you guys has a facebook , add me. Zachariah Pope Dublin, GA. One last thing, I'm surprised you guys are building this project blind... if you want a RAZR, I'll be happy to donate you one. 

You can just send me the stuff you changed if that is easier.  All feedback is welcome and we appreciate it.  I have been "borrowing" my wife's razr.  I know Markus would probably trade you a bionic for a razr tho...haha

#44 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Sounds like a plan. Send the link to eye__dea. Id say sent it to me but Im quite busy at the moment and wouldnt have the time to check it out just now. I didnt start deving until after I started making the Blurry theme. Im not the greatest at writing code from scratch, but you give me some code already written and I can decipher how it works and change it to my pleasing. Thats how I got animated weather effects on an android theme for my iPhone 3G when I had it. Took someones work and modded the hell out of it till it looked nothing like the original.

I read the last sentence of your paragraph... and this instantly popped into my head. 

#45 ras0787

ras0787

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:ras0787
  • Google+:Rich Steele
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX; Nexus 7

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Just downloaded the 6/30 Beta build this AM. So far so good. Speedy and no glitches to report from my phone just yet. Loving it so far! Also I do like zachariahpope's idea about switching the stock messaging icon with something blue. The more blue themed matching stuff, the better! :-)

#46 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Anyone know if I could use the OGBATTMOD.apk for another ROM? Or is it exclusively for this ROM? Thanks in advance......

#47 oguzpasa

oguzpasa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationkonya
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

i really wanna use this rom but need a gsm patch for it :(

#48 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

i really wanna use this rom but need a gsm patch for it :(

Just follow this guide...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#49 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Anyone know if I could use the OGBATTMOD.apk for another ROM? Or is it exclusively for this ROM? Thanks in advance......

It will take some work on your end.  Here is a link...

• prosaschi likes this

#50 gemini7

gemini7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hey I installed both versions of the blurry rom and in the alpha build I used the option to keep my key lights on only when the screen is on, well I unchecked the option and now my search key and back keys both won't light up only my home and the settings keys light up now and this is even after totally redoing my phone with the droid razr utility and doing a fresh rooting and everything, but still no search and back key lights, any help would be greatly appreciated

#51 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

It will take some work on your end.  Here is a link...

THANKS!

#52 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Just downloaded the 6/30 Beta build this AM. So far so good. Speedy and no glitches to report from my phone just yet. Loving it so far! Also I do like zachariahpope's idea about switching the stock messaging icon with something blue. The more blue themed matching stuff, the better! :-)

That would be why I have been working on a icon pack for the rom. All the icons will be custom icons made by me and all be the same blue color to match the theme. Once its finished and included I will take requests for app icons so I can built a decent library of icons for everyones apps.

• Sinju33 likes this

#53 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hey I installed both versions of the blurry rom and in the alpha build I used the option to keep my key lights on only when the screen is on, well I unchecked the option and now my search key and back keys both won't light up only my home and the settings keys light up now and this is even after totally redoing my phone with the droid razr utility and doing a fresh rooting and everything, but still no search and back key lights, any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you use the droid razr utility and choose option 1 to flash the firmware and wipe data? I dont own a razr and I havent ever run into this problem on my bionic but if you flash the firmware and wiped all data then no matter what the keys should have come back on.

#54 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Google+:blindside7x@gmail.com
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

This Rom is A-Mazing! I love it! Thank you so much!

Ethan82691

#55 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

This Rom is A-Mazing! I love it! Thank you so much!

Thanks. The official build should be out soon. A few minor things left.

• jrazrz and bradg24 like this

#56 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

This ROM is running good I have been a Rage and Buttered user from the start of each ROM. Blurry has me making a change, looking forward to Official Release to see if I change for good. Keep up the great work !!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Posted Image

#57 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have tried to install this ROM 3 times so far. I've followed the instructions, to the letter, but as the phone gets to the set-up screen, where you tell if "English or other", I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped".  I do nothing, and let the phone sit for 5+ minutes (without going through set-up), and then reboot.  As I get back to the set-up screen, where I select English, I get the same "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped".  It has a button that I can "Ok" it, but it also goes away by itself.  So I select English, and the phone goes into "Please wait, this may take a few minutes".....which is where my phone stays.  I've yet to get past this screen.  I can get into setting, via the pull down, from the top.  I connected to wi-fi from here, but when I exit, I'm still stuck at the "Please wait" screen.  I've waited as long as 2 hours.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this looks like a WAY sweet ROM.

If it matters, I'm installing in a newly created ROM slot 2.

#58 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I have tried to install this ROM 3 times so far. I've followed the instructions, to the letter, but as the phone gets to the set-up screen, where you tell if "English or other", I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped".  I do nothing, and let the phone sit for 5+ minutes (without going through set-up), and then reboot.  As I get back to the set-up screen, where I select English, I get the same "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped".  It has a button that I can "Ok" it, but it also goes away by itself.  So I select English, and the phone goes into "Please wait, this may take a few minutes".....which is where my phone stays.  I've yet to get past this screen.  I can get into setting, via the pull down, from the top.  I connected to wi-fi from here, but when I exit, I'm still stuck at the "Please wait" screen.  I've waited as long as 2 hours.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this looks like a WAY sweet ROM.

If it matters, I'm installing in a newly created ROM slot 2.

I apologize if this sounds redundant but I would try deleting and recreating the slot again, I was having a similar problem and that fixed it.

#59 StealthX

StealthX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thanks. The official build should be out soon. A few minor things left.

Happy 4th dude, thanks for the amazing ROM.

#60 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

This ROM is running good I have been a Rage and Buttered user from the start of each ROM. Blurry has me making a change, looking forward to Official Release to see if I change for good. Keep up the great work !!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Nice! Change is good sometimes...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users