• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

I am on the. 73 leak and cannot get wifi to turn on.it gets stuck saying" turning on wifi". PLEASE help! I tried rebooting and it did not help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

73 leak? I'll assume you meant .75 or .79.

Did it work previously and has stopped working or is this a fresh flash? If it's a fresh flash, I'd say start over. I haven't personally had any issues with wifi on these leaks.

If it was working and has just started messing up, you can try a hard reset and/or a data, cache and dalvik wipe and see if it helps.

Also, this should have probably been posted in the help forum instead of the development section.

#3 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sorry for the wrong section. I am on. 75 . I did not try wifi until today. But on gb I know it worked. I would like to avoid a data wipe if possible. But if not I guess I'll go ahead. Question: if i backup apps and settings on the leak and then restore on GB will that be a problem?

#4 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sorry for the wrong section. I am on. 75 . I did not try wifi until today. But on gb I know it worked. I would like to avoid a data wipe if possible. But if not I guess I'll go ahead. Question: if i backup apps and settings on the leak and then restore on GB will that be a problem?

It's not a good idea to restore ICS apps and data back to GB. Backing them up and then reapplying the leak shouldn't be a problem though. Try the hard reset and wiping cache and dalvik if you don't want to wipe data, but I'm guessing you just got a bad flash and the wifi radio is not setup properly. You could also try reflashing the leak in stock recovery. Haven't tried that but it might work. Would recommend re-downloading the leak though in case your copy was corrupt.

#5 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

So, I'm Hotel California'd on 85, but I've been having wifi issues since 75. Wifi drops out-gray bars instead of blue, sometimes it'll go back to blue but I still have to toggle wifi to get an internet connection again.

Any ideas? Background: I was on 75, Matt's 1.51 back to 173>181>root & Voodoo>85>lost root>terminal>root again.

#6 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:erchew
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have the same issue on .84. Under the wifi settings its saying "connecting, conntecting,disconnecting" and rapidly cycles over and over the same thing. But when I go home on my router there is fine. Only my work routers are doing this.
--- Droid RAZR, CUTS like a knife!

#7 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

So, I'm Hotel California'd on 85, but I've been having wifi issues since 75. Wifi drops out-gray bars instead of blue, sometimes it'll go back to blue but I still have to toggle wifi to get an internet connection again.

Any ideas? Background: I was on 75, Matt's 1.51 back to 173>181>root & Voodoo>85>lost root>terminal>root again.

I have the same issue on .84. Under the wifi settings its saying "connecting, conntecting,disconnecting" and rapidly cycles over and over the same thing. But when I go home on my router there is fine. Only my work routers are doing this.

If you can, I'd verify that the AP's your trying to connect to have the latest firmware installed. I haven't been on .84 or .85, but both .75 and .79 haven't given me any wifi connection issues to speak of.

#8 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

If you can, I'd verify that the AP's your trying to connect to have the latest firmware installed. I haven't been on .84 or .85, but both .75 and .79 haven't given me any wifi connection issues to speak of.

Care to elaborate on AP's? Is that the same as a router? Also didn't mention I did not have this issue on 173, wasn't on 181 more than 5 minutes so not sure about that one.

#9 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Care to elaborate on AP's? Is that the same as a router? Also didn't mention I did not have this issue on 173, wasn't on 181 more than 5 minutes so not sure about that one.

Yeah, AP = access point or router in this case. I know what you mean about it working on 173. I have an ipad that worked fine until I upgraded it. Then it wouldn't keep a connection to my home router. Worked fine on the one at work. Once I upgraded the firmware on the home router, everything went back to normal. There is still some fluff in the 802.x specs for wifi so each peice of hardware can be a little bit different.

#10 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

It's not a good idea to restore ICS apps and data back to GB. Backing them up and then reapplying the leak shouldn't be a problem though. Try the hard reset and wiping cache and dalvik if you don't want to wipe data, but I'm guessing you just got a bad flash and the wifi radio is not setup properly. You could also try reflashing the leak in stock recovery. Haven't tried that but it might work. Would recommend re-downloading the leak though in case your copy was corrupt.

How do I do a hard reset?

• G8orDroid likes this

#11 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, AP = access point or router in this case. I know what you mean about it working on 173. I have an ipad that worked fine until I upgraded it. Then it wouldn't keep a connection to my home router. Worked fine on the one at work. Once I upgraded the firmware on the home router, everything went back to normal. There is still some fluff in the 802.x specs for wifi so each peice of hardware can be a little bit different.

Sounds like a plan. Soon as I get home or maybe in the am (not sure how late the wife's gonna keep me out) I'll check the firmware.

#12 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:minnbrewer
  • Google+:veldy71

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I would bet on the router not playing very friendly. I used D-Link for years and loved them (DIR-655 and DIR-855), but thought I had a bad radio in my Wife's laptop and flaky radio in my Droid X (random drops). The router eventually couldn't handle all the devices in our home and I went with the Netgear N900 (Broadcom chipset) and all devices are now very happy. My RAZR MAXX picks up full signal across our yard 75 feet and two walls away.

#13 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

How do I do a hard reset?

Full shutdown from main power menu or press and hold power and volume down for about 10 seconds.

#14 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

It's an older Netgear modem that never had isses before 84. Not ready to blame the router just yet.

#15 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

It's an older Netgear modem that never had isses before 84. Not ready to blame the router just yet.

Did you read my other post? It's not a question of whether to blame the router or not. My router worked fine with every other phone, PC, Wii, DirecTV receiver, etc. in my house, but when I upgraded my iPad it had problems. Upgrading the firmware on the router fixed my problem. While it may not fix yours, I can't see what it would hurt.

#16 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Did you read my other post? It's not a question of whether to blame the router or not. My router worked fine with every other phone, PC, Wii, DirecTV receiver, etc. in my house, but when I upgraded my iPad it had problems. Upgrading the firmware on the router fixed my problem. While it may not fix yours, I can't see what it would hurt.

Yea, I saw that. But these are old Netgear 614's at work. Can't really change/update them. :/

#17 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

My router says there are no updates available. Its a Westell 7550 provided by AT&T when I signed up for wifi.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that my wife's Razr on 181 has no issues with the wifi.

#18 loociddreemr

loociddreemr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

I had issues when I was on the .75 leak with the mobile hotspot. When it times out for inactivity, it would not turn off, but get frozen. It would not turn off or back on at all. I couldn't even force stop the system app.

#19 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

I had issues when I was on the .75 leak with the mobile hotspot. When it times out for inactivity, it would not turn off, but get frozen. It would not turn off or back on at all. I couldn't even force stop the system app.

To stop that from happening go to System Settings > then press on the word "Wifi" not the toggle. Press the Menu button and select "Advanced." The change "Keep Wifi On During Sleep" to "Never." Then when your phone goes to sleep it will automatically shut off wifi then re-enable it when the phone is woke up.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#20 loociddreemr

loociddreemr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

To stop that from happening go to System Settings > then press on the word "Wifi" not the toggle. Press the Menu button and select "Advanced." The change "Keep Wifi On During Sleep" to "Never." Then when your phone goes to sleep it will automatically shut off wifi then re-enable it when the phone is woke up.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I'm on the .79 leak now. Lost root and couln't restore when I was on .75. I just got the hotspot hack woking again today, so I will give that a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users