• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#141 hyro864

hyro864

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

So i would have to try a different v5 miui rom until i find one that boots?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#142 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Correct, once you find a base that boots you can troubleshoot the rest of the issues via ADB

Although If you can find a phone that is similar to yours in regards to the BuildID and Resolution, sometimes It will work completely on a single shot

I'll update my MIUI topic to include images of the entire procedure tomorrowish. It looks much harder than it actually is, using my 4.2.2 XT926 rom as a base will probably yield results although the resolution will be screwed up most likely which is why I'm floating around trying different bases

#143 hyro864

hyro864

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Has anyone had any success using the porting tool?

#144 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Has anyone had any success using the porting tool?

I was actually thinking about giving this a try. Though the port method is quite different from what im used too. But hey ya never know

• Noigel likes this

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#145 lou83196

lou83196

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Has anyone had any luck with this rom? I love miui and hoping 4g will get fixed.
  • droidrazrm likes this

#146 yelson13

yelson13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

it's dead. 

#147 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

For edit apn and working mobile internet, mms, sms outside USA make this.

in build.prop add or edit this:

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
    persist.ril.modem.mode =2
    ro.telephony.default_network=3
    ro.mot.eri=0
    ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
    persist.radio.vzw.cdma.mdn=deleted
    ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0
    persist.radio.ap.phonetype=1
    persist.radio.lte.mm.disable=1
    ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0
    ro.mot.lte_on_cdma=0

Now you can edit apn and all works!

Remove Non-Verizon SIM Message - add to build.prop

ril.sales_code=LOL
ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

#148 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Is there gonna be a working 4.2.2 ?

#149 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm going to just finish a 4.1.2 base, 4.2.2 builds were not working and I couldn't figure out why at first but It's a result of SELinux in the Kernel that is preventing Shelld from running; the only option is to just use 4.1.2 or to use a 4.2.2 base which doesn't have SELinux (you can check if there is a SELinux file in init.d)

A SELinux kernel also cannot be split with Boot Image Tools and so the only real option is to just build a kernel from source that doesn't have SELinux commits lol

So in short, I can do a 4.1.2 port for sure but for 4.2.2 and beyond there either needs to be a developer who is ok with building a kernel without the SELinux commits or I would have to do it; If there is a base that is available for this device without the SELinux commits that is what would be needed to use 4.2.2 as a base.

So the work I've been doing on 4.2.2 has been for nothing basically; I probably did yield working ports a few times but wouldn't know because of the kernel issues lol

#150 hyro864

hyro864

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm going to just finish a 4.1.2 base, 4.2.2 builds were not working and I couldn't figure out why at first but It's a result of SELinux in the Kernel that is preventing Shelld from running; the only option is to just use 4.1.2 or to use a 4.2.2 base which doesn't have SELinux (you can check if there is a SELinux file in init.d)

A SELinux kernel also cannot be split with Boot Image Tools and so the only real option is to just build a kernel from source that doesn't have SELinux commits lol

So in short, I can do a 4.1.2 port for sure but for 4.2.2 and beyond there either needs to be a developer who is ok with building a kernel without the SELinux commits or I would have to do it; If there is a base that is available for this device without the SELinux commits that is what would be needed to use 4.2.2 as a base.

So the work I've been doing on 4.2.2 has been for nothing basically; I probably did yield working ports a few times but wouldn't know because of the kernel issues lol

Thanks for all of your hard work. I cant wait to use a working 4.1.2 port.

#151 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeap I agree, 4.1.2 is ok if is stable. Great work man, thanks!

#152 stretch2m

stretch2m

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yeah 4.2.2/4.3 ROMs run on my phone, but I always get a bunch of little annoyances (Bluetooth glitches, battery life issues, etc.), especially after continued use. So I would actually PREFER to have a 4.1.2 MIUI on my M. Thank you for all the work you've done on this. Can't wait to try it out!

#153 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

Do you make multilanguage port? And when can we expect? :wub:

• Noigel likes this

#154 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

You should add iOS 7 features

#155 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

You should add iOS 7 features

:blink:

Those can't be added as all iOS7 features have been stolen from previous Android builds.  :lol:

• neckchop, livinginkaos, RikRong and 2 others like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#156 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

When can we expect a new release ?
  • droidrazrm likes this

#157 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I finished the xt926 atrix and xt925 so if you can test all day and give me immediate feedback let me know

#158 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I finished the xt926 atrix and xt925 so if you can test all day and give me immediate feedback let me know

Where we can get test build for XT907, Sir? 

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#159 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I can test if you have test build.

#160 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't want to post a build to have someone give me feedback 1-4 hours later after a bunch of people download and say nothing one way or the other.

I was able to get the XT925 working because I had someone who was able to be there for the entire day, I need someone who is ok with flashing all day If that's what it takes that is capable of giving intelligent feedback and I prefer using Gtalk for this, It's gotten really annoying to have people spam my PM with requests but to have never had a single person really available to test, that's why I've pretty much ignored the 907 and until recently the 925.

I can build 50 potential roms for this phone but can test 0 so you see my situation, I probably sound like a d-bag but It's more annoying for me than It is for most people reading this because I actually do want to complete this project, where some folks are ok with coming here now and then to post boring stuff like "Add iOS7 features" "Project dead" and so on.

If this project is dead It's because nobody is volunteering to test builds and that's not on me; MIUI has an iOS7 theme which does give you all the iOS7 'features' sans fingerprint scanner so that really is reductive to ask for and I can't be bothered to re-configure my development area when I always have a project I'm busy with; I'm not going to put my work on hold for a few hours, maybe a full day to wait for feedback on something for a device I don't own, don't have a ton of time to spare like that.

Please, please, please, someone give me 6-7 hours of your time so I can finally finish this and move onto source building ideal CMs and LewaOS

• neckchop, mykalmunlight and romma1 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users