#21 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Not that I know of. Why don't you want the update?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#22 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Freeze the updater.apk and clear cache.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#23 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Not that I know of. Why don't you want the update?

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm worried that it will affect the fact that my phone is rooted.

#24 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Unlock your bootloader and your root worries will diminish.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#25 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Unlock your bootloader and your root worries will diminish.

Since my bootloader is unlocked it should be okay to go ahead and update? 

#26 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yup

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#27 jammer

jammer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationColorado Foothills
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD 9.18.94 rooted unlocked

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Freeze the updater.apk and clear cache.

rooted, unlocked. How to freeze updater.apk?? Typically, I just ignore bloatware, so freezing is new to me. Not opposed to hacking (used to be wireless hardware manager for Qwest).

#28 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

I use Titanium Backup

• jammer likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#29 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yup

I ran the update and now I no longer receive a GSM signal, do I need to re-run radiocomm?

#30 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Is this a gsm phone? Xt925 or xt926?

#31 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Is this a gsm phone? Xt925 or xt926?

XT907

#32 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

XT907

What gsm service are you using? That update you flashed was a Verizon CDMA update

#33 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

What gsm service are you using? That update you flashed was a Verizon CDMA update

I was running AT&T, I was concerned about the update. I just did a hard reset and about to re root the phone, hopefully I can get back on track

#34 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

You realize you need to root it with the supersu zip in recovery right? The old exploit is patched. Also, this update replaced the baseband, that's why you're not picking up AT&T. You need to refresh the radio you were using that allowed you to use AT&T.

#35 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have been waiting to do the maintenance update, basically because I have not found a "for sure" steps list..  I have XT926 unlocked - rooted - twrp recovery, running OEM software.. The best I can come up with is to back up root with OTA rootkeeper.. Unroot..  Return to stock recovery? (this is where I am unsure of the process to do this) do I just change my "install-recovery.sh.bak" to "install-recovery.sh" in system/etc  ?  Run the OTA...  just want to verify the process.. Thanks for any help

#36 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have been waiting to do the maintenance update, basically because I have not found a "for sure" steps list.. I have XT926 unlocked - rooted - twrp recovery, running OEM software.. The best I can come up with is to back up root with OTA rootkeeper.. Unroot.. Return to stock recovery? (this is where I am unsure of the process to do this) do I just change my "install-recovery.sh.bak" to "install-recovery.sh" in system/etc ? Run the OTA... just want to verify the process.. Thanks for any help

Yeah, pretty much everything needs to be stock. Make a back up first. If you know how to use Fastboot,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and flash em. This will ensure all the system files are in place, the kernel is correct and you're back on stock recovery.

Then, you put this update on your external SD, boot into stock recovery and flash it. You're gonna lose root. Don't worry about it. After you're updated, you need to use fastboot to flash the recovery of your choice back on. TWRP. Before you do that though, put the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

on your SD card.

Once TWRP is flashed back, turn the phone off, and then power it up directly into recovery. Flash that supersu zip. Now you're rooted again. Then once you boot up, you can get rid of install-recovery.sh again.

• Mr-Glass likes this

#37 Derekwh

Derekwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

You realize you need to root it with the supersu zip in recovery right? The old exploit is patched. Also, this update replaced the baseband, that's why you're not picking up AT&T. You need to refresh the radio you were using that allowed you to use AT&T.

How do I refresh the radio? I tried running radiocomm again but still not getting a signal.

#38 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

How do I refresh the radio? I tried running radiocomm again but still not getting a signal.

Sorry, reflash, not refresh.
However you got that phone to connect to AT&T to begin with. I'm assuming some radio needed to be flashed to the phone?

#39 angelmohd

angelmohd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

to freeze the apk

get this app : Root Uninstaller

open it and go to : System Apps

choose : Safemode

find : Updater v4.1.2-6 and choose it if hd razor

choose : Disable

and your good :) no more updates offers >

i would uploud the apk if allowed but i got this msg "

Root-Uninstaller.apk

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

#40 RAWK227

RAWK227

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:RAWK227
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I read through the above posts. Still not really getting it.  I am not an expert, Baby Steps are very hard to find.  I have been putting off  9.18.79.  I have a Locked but Rooted phone. Will I lose root if I update- Went through alot of frustration obtaining root - dont want to lose it.  I cant find any info on unlocking bootloader- if that makes any difference. Please help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users