875 replies to this topic

#41 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yep same thing happened to me tried everything to get rid of modifier had to fastboot back

vtc.png

#42 khanusma

khanusma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have followed all of the steps to uninstall bootstrap, installed safestrap and get to the secondary boot screen; however, when I try and enter recovery the screen stays black and I end up resetting the phone. Any help

same problem with me... trying some things to get it working. Never had bootstrap on my razr so that is not in my way. I did check for it. my old Safestrap v1.09 was working fine before I tried to update it.

i get stuck at the picture with the hat and circle arrow when safestrap is trying to initialize.

Safestrap 1.09 works fine when I reinstalled that.

#43 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

same problem with me... trying some things to get it working. Never had bootstrap on my razr so that is not in my way. I did check for it. my old Safestrap v1.09 was working fine before I tried to update it.

i get stuck at the picture with the hat and circle arrow when safestrap is trying to initialize.

Safestrap 1.09 works fine when I reinstalled that.

Ugh. These are some bizarre issues. I'm not sure what's causing the discrepancies from device to device. Add to the mix that I've only tested it on .79 and .206.

Safestrap 1.09 *might* continue to work. But adb / ums and some other features won't work due to kernel changes. It will probably be ok for basic ROM flashing / backup / restore, etc.

#44 khanusma

khanusma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Ugh. These are some bizarre issues. I'm not sure what's causing the discrepancies from device to device. Add to the mix that I've only tested it on .79 and .206.

Safestrap 1.09 *might* continue to work. But adb / ums and some other features won't work due to kernel changes. It will probably be ok for basic ROM flashing / backup / restore, etc.

no problem. Ill see if I can figure it out but I dont think its going to work at this point.

#45 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm on .206 and have Safestrap 1.09 installed. What's the best way to update to Safestrap 2.0, remove Safestrap 1.09 first or just install 2.0 over it?
edit: nevermind, I deleted 1.09 and installed 2.0

#46 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

As it turns out, the menu option won't work if the phone is plugged into the wall charger. Nanniepoo had mentioned that in an earlier post.

I started from a fresh install of 206 and is working normally now.

#47 BrewGuyTim

BrewGuyTim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

For the life of me, I cannot get into recovery in Safestrap 2.0.

I install it from the My Files app in CM9 ICS (RAZR-CM9-05-31-UNOFFICIAL.zip). I reboot, hit menu when it tells me to. Screen goes black for a moment, then I get the faint little logo that just sits there and stares at me.

1.09 works great, but I can't get KOA to boot with it.

Any insight into what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

#48 sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

I had the exact same issue with 2.0

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#49 BrewGuyTim

BrewGuyTim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Okay, I'm not 100% sure (well, not even 60%) why it now worked, but it does.

I believe my problem was that I wasn't properly rooted. That being said, some things worked even though something was borked.

Good luck to those that are stuck. I wish I had something definitive to give as an explanation, but I just honestly don't know.

#50 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/XCellFoneRep
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/XgDaW
  • LocationThe Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I have (2) questions, one somewhat long and one quickie :
  • If we can only have (1) recovery, safestrap or bootstrap, and "You can only flash custom ROMs to the safe system" or flash anything at all what-so-ever for that matter, how would i go about flashing anything and everything else, like apps in zip files and or other flash-only items to my .208leaky device
  • Is there a bootstrap only recovery, hold the safe, at this time for the later leakies?
Thanks in advance,

*edit*

If i try and flash anything else, she wont boot. She'll start and then just stop and all i get is darkness...

#51 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

I have (2) questions, one somewhat long and one quickie :

• If we can only have (1) recovery, safestrap or bootstrap, and "You can only flash custom ROMs to the safe system" or flash anything at all what-so-ever for that matter, how would i go about flashing anything and everything else, like apps in zip files and or other flash-only items to my .208leaky device
  • Is there a bootstrap only recovery, hold the safe, at this time for the later leakies?
Thanks in advance,

*edit*

If i try and flash anything else, she wont boot. She'll start and then just stop and all i get is darkness...

1. The idea is that you don't touch the main system, and only flash to the safe side. This way you don't worry about bricking and/or not being able to get back into recovery (which can be the case w/ Bootstrap). As we get closer I usually release a Safe-system compatible ROM version of the main system. So that devs and others can flash that and then mess with it till their hearts content.
2. I'm not sure if Bootstrap is updated for the ICS leaks. DHacker was at some point looking into it.

NOTE: The only thing you can really flash to the Safe system at the moment are the AOSP-based builds for the MotoICS leak (CM9 and AOKP) -- once you're on the leak, you cannot flash any Gingerbread ROM.
  • XCellFoneSalesRep likes this

#52 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I installed SafeStrap and installed the recovery. Rebooted and went in to recovery. I enabled safe mode. Wiped all cashe and then flashed Hicks new awesome beats application. Rebooted phone and kept the sade mode enabled. When I got the SafeStrap option. I hit search button. Phone went to a black screen and did nothing. I had to disable safe mode for phone to work. What did I for get or not do. Also I did a backup of my rom when I first got into recovery.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#53 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

You need to flash a ROM to the safe side. There is no ROM on it right now which is why it booted to a black screen

#54 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Ahhh, I got it now. Thank you sir.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#55 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Well since i decided to start using SafeStrap i don't I'll be going back to BootStrap any time soon! Works perfectly!

#56 Vithon

Vithon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Question, since I'm not completely clear on this. If you were to switch over to the safe side then format /data, does it clear the non-safe /data partition or does it just clear a newly-made blank /data partition, separate from the original?

#57 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Your data is wiped each time you swap modes (at least after the initial swap, I don't remember if it wipes on the first swap to safe mode). The data partition is shared between safe and non-safe sides and recovery replaces/restores the last version of that data when you swap modes. Hashcode was thinking about re-writing the ICS version of SS to use the webtop partition for the safe side data since it's no longer used. IDK what he decided though.

Does that make any sense?

#58 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

I like safestrap. Its safe.

#59 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

When I go into safestrap 2.0 I see the logo in the center but no lettering :-( help! I want to flash ROMS.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#60 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

When I go into safestrap 2.0 I see the logo in the center but no lettering :-( help! I want to flash ROMS.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

1) Make sure your not connected to the charger.

2) Hit the menu button when you see the SS icon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users