429 replies to this topic

#241 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Okay, I have to make sure before I start because I just noticed this... when I clicked the link to d/l 206 (the one in this post that takes me to the other post), and I click that first download link, I noticed the file name is Blur_Version.6.12.181.... is this still 206??

for the millionth time on this site - yes. that's how files are named. if you're unsure of that maybe you shouldn't flash it.
  • ralphie0108 and MartyChubbs like this

#242 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Oookay... didn't mean any offense, I didn't see any posts regarding the file name; I just wanted to be sure I wasn't installing 181. Thanks for that.... answer.
  • Odiej34 likes this

#243 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Oookay... didn't mean any offense, I didn't see any posts regarding the file name; I just wanted to be sure I wasn't installing 181. Thanks for that.... answer.

its not a big deal but if you read pretty much any thread on flashing updates, its asked several times for every update. when i first started flashing i wondered that too but then i read up more on it and found out why updates are named that way. i mean do you think the devs would post a thread about an update and link to the wrong file?
  • MartyChubbs likes this

#244 Averix

Averix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:_Averix

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

its not a big deal but if you read pretty much any thread on flashing updates, its asked several times for every update. when i first started flashing i wondered that too but then i read up more on it and found out why updates are named that way. i mean do you think the devs would post a thread about an update and link to the wrong file?

In "new to flashing" people's defense, that is one thing that I hate about the files. I have to keep a folder with each version labeled just so I easily know which one I'm looking at (or tearing apart). But, yes, people should seriously read up on this stuff before doing something like flashing a pre-release OS version. There are consequences and potential pitfalls that you need to be aware of when doing this. If you have to ask simple questions, maybe you shouldn't be rooting or flashing. That said, there are some wonderful step by step instructions on here for people who don't do this kind of thing often.
  • MartyChubbs likes this

#245 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I do suppose you're right... just call me paranoid =p besides, I've had a long day today so forgive my incompetence

#246 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

great work to all the mad scientists behind this...

#247 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Didn't mean to get on a tangent but with all the work the devs do and 12 pages into a topic like this with people confirming the process works, the question of "well its named 181 are you sure its the right file" just irks some people. if you need help with simple stuff like that, jump into chat and people will help. but the short anwser is yes its the right file. but really, take some time to read up on flashing and you'll figure out why its that way.

#248 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I will beeryooper, thanks.

BTW another successful update from 84 to 206. A few scare boots later I'm good to go... thanks all!! :) now re-setting everything up and off to bed.....

#249 flashman2002

flashman2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

This worked great for me! Thanks to all that figured out this workaround.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#250 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Batman has saved Gotham temporarily. But, another foe will soon be on the horizon...lol

Great job Matt! This is looking really good!
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#251 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

will the new cm9 work with this now?

#252 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

will the new cm9 work with this now?

Yeah. It's not really a step up yet imo, though, so I wouldn't use it as a Daily Driver.

#253 stiwrx

stiwrx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Fastboot the 206 boot.img
will not work for me. Says path cannot be found no matter what i do

#254 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I will beeryooper, thanks.

BTW another successful update from 84 to 206. A few scare boots later I'm good to go... thanks all!! :) now re-setting everything up and off to bed.....

yeah when i started flashing my razr i spent a weekend reading threads, googling terms and what things meant even before i started it really helped.that way you aren't trying to figure things out in the middle of a flashing process.

#255 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

try reinstalling motorola drivers

Fastboot the 206 boot.img
will not work for me. Says path cannot be found no matter what i do

#256 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I had this happen to me when I was prepping for my vacation at Hotel California. I wanted to put a hollow point through my laptop & phone. Turns out I was trying to run the utility from inside the zip, instead of the one I had extracted. The utility opened the same & gave the same options but kept saying "path not found" (over & over & over & over). So, make sure you extract the utility & then make sure you use the extracted one. Hope this helps.

#257 raclimja

raclimja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

just finished flashing this .206 and successfully rooted it

so far, i am very disappointed with it considering all the hype for the latest leaks

i was previously running .75

the biggest let down was that Flash player Video is still broken, but it is much worse on this build.

the Internet just freezes and sometimes there is no way to close it other than to reboot

i also notice that the phone is much faster with the .85 kernel as opposed to .206

with .85 kernel, the phone is very snappy, applications loads instantly

with .206 kernel, there is slight lag or delay on opening stuff

i also uninstall, reinstall the Flash player video and it still not work

i also did wipe Cache

hopefully Motorola will fix the Flash player video on future ICS builds or someone could make a fix for it

the internet would hang if you try to watch videos on own3d.tv or twitch.tv

the flash video ads works but after that, the internet freezes

#258 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

just finished flashing this .206 and successfully rooted it

so far, i am very disappointed with it considering all the hype for the latest leaks

i was previously running .75

the biggest let down was that Flash player Video is still broken, but it is much worse on this build.

the Internet just freezes and sometimes there is no way to close it other than to reboot

i also notice that the phone is much faster with the .85 kernel as opposed to .206

with .85 kernel, the phone is very snappy, applications loads instantly

with .206 kernel, there is slight lag or delay on opening stuff

i also uninstall, reinstall the Flash player video and it still not work

i also did wipe Cache

hopefully Motorola will fix the Flash player video on future ICS builds or someone could make a fix for it

the internet would hang if you try to watch videos on own3d.tv or twitch.tv

the flash video ads works but after that, the internet freezes

Why do you want flash video ads? :P
  • MartyChubbs likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#259 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Another conformation here. Went from Hotel California .84 ground level single bed/bath all the way to the penthouse sweet. 206 and retained root. Hot diggity thanks to Matt and everyone else who helped make this one fly. One question though...can I flash inverted gapps or do I need deodexed version first? A battery % mod would also be groovy. Once again though kudos to all involved two thumbs up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I flashed inverted gmail and mms and both work fine.

Where can I find the inverted apps? I had some for the the gnex that I just pushed to /system that worked good Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#260 raclimja

raclimja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Why do you want flash video ads? :P

i never said i want flash video ads

some livestream have those so they could get money from their videos

just like when you watch videos from youtube, there is commercial before the video itself

the problem is the flash video ads loads but after that, the browser just freezes and it doesnt load the video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users