spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hey guys...I'm in a bit of trouble.

I ran the first step from the RAZRUtility and it went through with a few errors, as expected. The phone started to boot and then shut down. Now, I can't get back into fastboot to use the Unstick tool. I've unplugged it. I've powered it down using the "Vol Down + Power" button. I've plugged into the wall and tried that as wall. I'm stuck with the initial red Moto logo it shows during startup, then nothing. Any help?

Hold the Vol + and Vol - and power button for about 10 seconds. You will see a "flash" on the screen. Then let go. Three finger power on into bootloader after that,

HTH
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#162 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

When it sticks on the Dual Core screen hold all 3 buttons (power, volume up, volume down) until the phone shuts off. Then release momentarily and hold the same three buttons until the boot loader (hopefully) pops up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#163 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hey guys...I'm in a bit of trouble.

I ran the first step from the RAZRUtility and it went through with a few errors, as expected. The phone started to boot and then shut down. Now, I can't get back into fastboot to use the Unstick tool. I've unplugged it. I've powered it down using the "Vol Down + Power" button. I've plugged into the wall and tried that as wall. I'm stuck with the initial red Moto logo it shows during startup, then nothing. Any help?

Did you have solid battery life when starting
Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#164 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

When the instructions say "Fastboot to .181" are you saying with RSD or something else? The current instructions are kind of vague

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#165 ItsMeCD

ItsMeCD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

When it sticks on the Dual Core screen hold all 3 buttons (power, volume up, volume down) until the phone shuts off. Then release momentarily and hold the same three buttons until the boot loader (hopefully) pops up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hold the Vol + and Vol - and power button for about 10 seconds. You will see a "flash" on the screen. Then let go. Three finger power on into bootloader after that,

HTH

I love you guys...LOL. Thank you.

#166 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

When the instructions say "Fastboot to .181" are you saying with RSD or something else? The current instructions are kind of vague

It references the 1.61 utility in the OP.

Fastboot flash with the 1.6 Utility to the 6.12.181 fastboot

#167 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Quick question, it may have been asked already...How do I turn off 4G. When I go to Wireless & Networks >>> Network Mode >>> there used to be an option for CDMA only. Now all I see is 4G/CDMA. I don't use 4G, and it looks like right now my only other option is wi-fi. Is this just the new standard or am I missing something. This is after uprgrading to the .206, so I'm guessing there have been some tweeks.

#168 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

thanks a million. i owe u a beer if/when you're in San Diego.

#169 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Quick question, it may have been asked already...How do I turn off 4G. When I go to Wireless & Networks >>> Network Mode >>> there used to be an option for CDMA only. Now all I see is 4G/CDMA. I don't use 4G, and it looks like right now my only other option is wi-fi. Is this just the new standard or am I missing something. This is after uprgrading to the .206, so I'm guessing there have been some tweeks.

I was wondering something similar. In other builds there were more options for cdma. I used the home only function because I live next to canada and want to prevent any international roaming. but on this build its only lte/cdma and no other network options. kind of sucks.

#170 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Global is the default setting. Will changing it to LTE/CDMA change/hinder/improve anything?

Attached Files

#171 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

To fix the cdma/lte issue, download "phone info" from play store and manually set it to cdma auto prl

#172 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Good catch with the missing cdma only. I had not noticed yet because i am currently in a 3g area only. But i travel to a 4g area every other week and i would always switch to cdma only to conserve battery if i didn't need the extra speed.

Not having cdma only is very disappointing and now makes me wish i would have stayed on an earlier ics leak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#173 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

changing to lte will probably improve battery life a Tiny bit

#174 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

with 4g my battery lasted 15hrs n 1 min lol. regular razr too :P

#175 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

The Phone Info app mentioned earlier works well. I live in a fringe area where 4G comes in and out and kills my battery so I too was disappointed (Verizon is trying to get people on stick people on the 4G networks anyway they can). Another option will be to flash a CM9/ASKP rom that have an even more convenient LTE toggle. Now with the official ICS ota coming in the coming weeks we can continue to expect great development on these roms.

#176 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

changing to lte will probably improve battery life a Tiny bit

i thought it drained the battery faster, hence the Maxx.

#177 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks to everyone involved here... worked perfectly and super easy.. to anyone having trouble... re-read the OP with the instructions... read it 10 times... it holds your hand through the whole thing...

#178 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Another +1 for success with this too. Thank you all
  • spollock likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#179 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

BTW- This did NOT wipe my internal SD area. All my custom ringtones, music, TiBu folders, are still intact. I was under the impression they would be gone, but I am pleasantly surprised!

YMMV

#180 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Another happy customer reporting in! Nice and smooth so far. I needed to toggle radio modes to get 4G working, but outside of that, it's good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users