9 replies to this topic

#1 purplekush

purplekush

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I unbricked my phone and factory restored it the other night and now im trying to root it again using Motochopper it finds my phone and reboots it i turned it back on and i had superuser but when i try to install it it says there was an error installing it , ive updated reinstalled and everything . help

#2 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

is your bootloader unlocked? if so just instal twrp and in recovery it will ask to restore root swipe yes

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#3 purplekush

purplekush

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

is your bootloader unlocked? if so just instal twrp and in recovery it will ask to restore root swipe yes

no i dont think my booter is unlocked , and ive used things to check to see if its rooted and everything says no 

#4 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

ha glad to see you got the phone workable lol. the m can be tricky to root when i did it i had to run the program a bunch of times. alot of people say do a factory reset then run the root immediatly after once rooted unlock your bl.to make it easier do it all in the utility you used start at 1 then root then bootloader then custom recovery 

• purplekush likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#5 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Im having the same problem but have yet to know how to unlock the bootloader any links or such to do so?

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Im having the same problem but have yet to know how to unlock the bootloader any links or such to do so?

I you're on the latest update, you won't be able to unlock the BL.  However, you can still root it.  Look for Motochopper 1.1 on this forum. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#7 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

alright so i successfully rooted my device... got an even bigger problem now... i installed the app (GMD hide soft keys) for more screen room... my system UI constantly crashes now and i have no notification bar or a nav bar... i have tried factory reseting the device 2 times now and it still has this problem :/ id really like my phone to work so any ideas?

#8 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hiding the soft keys on the M and HD can have that affect. I would grab the system.img from your fxz and try flashing just that. If that doesn't do it just do an entire fxz flash. From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#9 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

I honestly have no clue how to do that any help? :/ i can only call and text on my phone right now this sucks haha

#10 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

Ok so nevermind scratch that... i brainstormed for alittle, due to there being no soft keys(nav bar) when you reboot the device you have 1 shot to get where you need to go to then you have to reboot it agian... I rebooted it>>went into settings>>Enabled USB debugging and allowed mock locations>>and then rooted my device(there really isnt an accurate razr m root on youtube so ill put one up soon) did this by using motochopper 1.1.2 if you wanna find the files yourself (:>>Then once rooted i rebooted agian headed right over too the playstore because my original thought was to download an alternate like (PIE) and such just to last me till i could solve this problem>>what i found is an app called "Soft Key Enabler" (will work with the free version) once granting superuser accsess you can click the "Enable Soft Keys" button (the only button in the app) once done it will ask for a reboot and then my/your nav bar and notification bar will be restored! original factory nav and notification! If you were having the same issue it was frustrating for me so i really hope this helped (: Thanks for your support guys i really appriciate it! now i have a rooted and non messed up droid razr m! Thanks agian and have a nice day! hope this helps others aswell (:

Heres a link to the app!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

P.S. on another note i just realized today you want to keep that app installed because when the device is rebooted youll just loose them agian just go through the app agian and it will restore them no problem (:

Edited by psychopath67, 30 August 2013 - 09:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users