4 replies to this topic

#1 Pawkoo

Pawkoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Can I get step by step instructions on how to switch my razr to straight talk? Thanks!

#2 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

So, i know this doesn't help you.
I had read somewhere of someone doing this. Everything worked great and then almost through the 1st month they killed his line due to excessive data usage. He lost his entire account. Had to get a new number. So just be warned if you get it working, there unlimited isnt really unlimited. He lost like 2 weeks of service without any compensation.
Somethin about their phones couldnt pull that much data, and its against their terms to flash another phone to their system.

Sorry that this didnt in any way or form answer your question

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#3 Pawkoo

Pawkoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

That's helpful info to know, thanks. After reading that there's a way to get unlimited 4g data from Verizon for only 30$ per month do you think staying on Verizon and getting unlimited 4g would be better?

• patrickhorton22 likes this

#4 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

In my opinion yes. If you can get in on the unlimited do it. I have unlimited on most of my lines. It is worth it to me.
I have several friends and family that use straight talk. And to put it nicely their service is DOO DOO. They can rarely hear good, lots of times i can barely hear them. Will get disconnected, kr they cant even call. Sometimes itle be hours b4 the get my txts.
I know they use vzw towers bht its still garbage. And as bad as their phone service is their customer service is far worse( so they tell me). I know its cheaper, but the reality is you get what you pay for. For me with a big family i actually come out better being on vzw with family plan.
But i constantly beg them to go to big red or another carrier.
My youngest sister is 16 and just started driving. She has straight talk and i feer if she ever really needed to use her phone she wouldnt be able to. If you dont (need) a phone i guess straight talk is fine. But if your like me and need a phone with data for work n play. I would shed a lil extra $ and have comfort of a phone that works how and when its suposed to.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#5 drsadistic

drsadistic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

That's helpful info to know, thanks. After reading that there's a way to get unlimited 4g data from Verizon for only 30$ per month do you think staying on Verizon and getting unlimited 4g would be better?

Unfortunately, they've done away with this offer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users