69 replies to this topic

#21 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I notice it lists parallel operation on the cellular radios which I believe means you'll be able to talk and surf simultaneously which is cool

Random fact in case you didn't know... if I have 4g signal, I can talk and surf at the same time on my RAZR. Doesn't work with 3g, but I believe its because 4g uses a type of GSM network.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#22 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Random fact in case you didn't know... if I have 4g signal, I can talk and surf at the same time on my RAZR. Doesn't work with 3g, but I believe its because 4g uses a type of GSM network.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

Yea same. People always complain that they can't do that and idk why.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#23 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm not too impressed. Little faster processor. Little better resolution. Not worth the headache.

One good thing though is that it will have ics. So ics should be here for every razr.

#24 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

of course its gonna be released after the unlimited plans go away if you upgrade...

X

#25 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

If unlim data goes away before this comes out I'll just buy it at full price and throw my SIM in. No new contract. No gettin rid of my unlim data. Problem solved.

+1

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Perfectly content with my RAZR. Don't need or want the HD version.

#27 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm content... but I don't know if I can resist! Lol.. I've hot a bad track record starting after my DX... bionic -> Gnex -> Maxx...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#28 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Perfectly content with my RAZR. Don't need or want the HD version.

Agreed content with my maxx...dont need anything for a while.
Posted Image

#29 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm perfectly fine with my OG RAZR. Some day I might upgrade to a Maxx battery, but as it is now I have only managed to kill my battery 3-4 times, all of which I was streaming extensive data over 4G testing out different environments.

#30 chamba

chamba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm perfectly fine with my OG RAZR. Some day I might upgrade to a Maxx battery, but as it is now I have only managed to kill my battery 3-4 times, all of which I was streaming extensive data over 4G testing out different environments.

Ok so I have a Droid x (from July '10 when it came out) I am due for an upgrade should I
A. Go for Droid RAZR MAXX
B. Wait for Droid RAZR HD( the phone on this topic) with the risk of waiting too long and being forced to a tiered plan.
C. Any other phone?

I like my Droid x but I want 4 g unlimited what do you guys think?
  • rican199 likes this

#31 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ok so I have a Droid x (from July '10 when it came out) I am due for an upgrade should I
A. Go for Droid RAZR MAXX
B. Wait for Droid RAZR HD( the phone on this topic) with the risk of waiting too long and being forced to a tiered plan.
C. Any other phone?

I like my Droid x but I want 4 g unlimited what do you guys think?

I'd personally take the Maxx if the locked bootloader doesn't bother you. If it does, I would consider the HTC Rezound, but that is based simply on it being HTC's current top phone and my preference of HTC over all other non-Moto hardware. I fear the 'upgraded' screen on the HD will lead to greater power draw, weakening the awesomeness that is the Maxx. I have never once thought 'wow a higher resolution would sure be nice' or 'this image looks grainy' when on my RAZR, so to me the screen upgrade is more marketing and placebo than actual benefit. The HD also includes an upgraded camera, but I already get incredible quality shots with my RAZR so I do not desire more their either.

#32 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Pocketnow is reporting that this phone is gonna hit Verizon as the Vanquish. That was the codename for this device while in development so not surprising if its true.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#33 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'd personally take the Maxx if the locked bootloader doesn't bother you. If it does, I would consider the HTC Rezound, but that is based simply on it being HTC's current top phone and my preference of HTC over all other non-Moto hardware. I fear the 'upgraded' screen on the HD will lead to greater power draw, weakening the awesomeness that is the Maxx. I have never once thought 'wow a higher resolution would sure be nice' or 'this image looks grainy' when on my RAZR, so to me the screen upgrade is more marketing and placebo than actual benefit. The HD also includes an upgraded camera, but I already get incredible quality shots with my RAZR so I do not desire more their either.

Personally I would take the gnex over the rezound as it has many many roms and kernals and such. It also has bigger screen and already comes stock ics

#34 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

I actually tried a rezound before the maxx and didn't like it. One thing of course was the battery life was horrendously short. The screen is too small too IMO.

#35 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

That's interesting, I never actually tried it but its one of those things you hear AT&T and the apple fanboys always say their iphone can do on AT&T that verizon users can't do. I think its actually because 4G is data only and uses a different radio than the CDMA voice side so it can run both simultaneously.

#36 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

I actually tried a rezound before the maxx and didn't like it. One thing of course was the battery life was horrendously short. The screen is too small too IMO.

Its the same size screen @4.3".

X
  • koreanschoolkid likes this

#37 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Its the same size screen @4.3".

X

Fairly certain its 4.6" but I'll double check.

#38 Ghostface

Ghostface

Giggling Carebare From the land of Jelly Beans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIn your Mommy's bed. Your dad is looking at me funny though.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Oh the headache... totally not worth it. I bought the razr.. next comes the razr maxx only slightly better battery life? Oh please...slightly I say... okay next comes the droid razr vanquish or starfighter... slightly what? Oh yes a faster processor and slightly better dpi... this isnt going to tempt me.

But what really tempted me into buying phones is when I came from an older single core 00mhz phone to a dual core.. big temptation. right now theres only ONE phone in the market that made a BIG jump in the specs environment. That is the HTC ONE X... were looking at quad core. Do I want that phone? Do YOU want that phone? When my contract is up if motorola makes better phones.. not the "slightly" better phones... I mean the ones that make the doors go down like Black Friday... worthy phones.. the starfighter aka vanquish will NOT have my business. Moving on... :-)

#39 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

If unlim data goes away before this comes out I'll just buy it at full price and throw my SIM in. No new contract. No gettin rid of my unlim data. Problem solved.

Does that really work for us on cdma? I know this is a really nooby question but I've been wondering if that was kosher with Verizon.

#40 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Oh the headache... totally not worth it. I bought the razr.. next comes the razr maxx only slightly better battery life? Oh please...slightly I say... okay next comes the droid razr vanquish or starfighter... slightly what? Oh yes a faster processor and slightly better dpi... this isnt going to tempt me.

But what really tempted me into buying phones is when I came from an older single core 00mhz phone to a dual core.. big temptation. right now theres only ONE phone in the market that made a BIG jump in the specs environment. That is the HTC ONE X... were looking at quad core. Do I want that phone? Do YOU want that phone? When my contract is up if motorola makes better phones.. not the "slightly" better phones... I mean the ones that make the doors go down like Black Friday... worthy phones.. the starfighter aka vanquish will NOT have my business. Moving on... :-)

*cough* Samsung Galaxy S III *cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users