7 replies to this topic

#1 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

ok i was running eclips 1.3 steel

i went boggin (aka muddin) and well i was using my phone while my hands were not dry or clean for pics and videos

i started to notice it freezing of the cam. i was thinking it was the rom

later after boggin

texting became very diffucult the phone keep hitting the #2

hard restart after hard restart it did not clear up

now that was friday.

it was messed up the whole week end.

i reflashed a back up thinking it would help not at all running stock 748 now.

ROOTED

now the phone is running fine but i want to send it back

the reason why is the super amoleded screen SCRATCHED.

kinda odd cuz u cant scratch it.

any idea on how to chek to see if theres any water damage in the phone?

i can take it apart i have done it b4 i just need to know what im looking for.

it was fun:)

Attached Files

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Don't know if this is on the RAZR too, but little strips of tape turn red if its wet. Had 2 on my OG droid
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Don't know if this is on the RAZR too, but little strips of tape turn red if its wet. Had 2 on my OG droid

It is the white strips and red X's ;)

Edit:

Looks like this...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've never checked whether it is white and develops the X's when it gets wet, or if it has the X's and turns solid red when wet.

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

It is the white strips that develop red X's when they get wet ;)

Its been a long time since I've had a water damaged phone. :P don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm sending back my phone for a warranty replacement due to a faulty 4g radio, should I fast boot and send it back? I'm rooted with safe strap.

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Its been a long time since I've had a water damaged phone. :P don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm sending back my phone for a warranty replacement due to a faulty 4g radio, should I fast boot and send it back? I'm rooted with safe strap.

If you have tested it out and have fully verified that it is a problem with faulty hardware, that would be the standard approach. I'd toss in a factory reset as well after the fastboot, but it isn't necessary usually.

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mopen up the back and right by the battery terminsls there is one and on the left hand side there is one also.

Just a question why on gods earth are you on 748 lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#7 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

If you have tested it out and have fully verified that it is a problem with faulty hardware, that would be the standard approach. I'd toss in a factory reset as well after the fastboot, but it isn't necessary usually.

Got a new sim card, factory reset, and wipe the caches, Verizon rep said they'll ship me a new phone. So can't wait to get it. I'm waiting for it to be stuck on .85 lol. I might get my unlimited back because the rep I talked to on the phone was very nice and I was too, but she said she'll submit a form for me because it was wrongfully taken off. I just wounded what's going to happen since I'm getting a replacement anyway if the unlimited will come or disappear again. So I don't know what to do.

#8 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Mopen up the back and right by the battery terminsls there is one and on the left hand side there is one also.

because i love 748 thats a mans build solid strong works with its hands in the sun. lol well because when i first root i make a back up so i can always go back to stock and i have not deleted the old stuff yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users