• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#61 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Crazy sh.. I am running an Electrify M. No root problems on that 8/6 build, just a black screen when using camera. Just curious, are you testing dhacker builds or other?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Its the recommended Skrilax build. That's the only one I have a link for. dhacker is listed as part of the team.

Even when I get it installed, my phone ran hot, which it didn't with the 8/5 build.

I went back to uXylon for now. I'll mess with it more later tonight if I et time.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4

#62 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Did you have a link for Skrilax's builds?

I've been finding dhacker's here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#63 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Did you have a link for Skrilax's builds?

I've been finding dhacker's here:

• jbaumert likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#64 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Focal is available for download separately. You can use it with any of the jelly bean ROMs.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4

where?

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#65 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

where?

Or

If you want the thread.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • jco23 likes this

#66 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I finally got the skrilax 8/6 working. I don't believe I did much different tonight than I did earlier today. One thing that seems to work best for me is to install the ROM, reboot into system, go back into recovery, install Gapps, boot into system, reboot into recovery and flash supersu, reboot into system.

EDIT: Just updated to the 8/7 version successfully. I just flashed it over the previous build, cleared dalvik and cache. Good to go. Oh - and I was the first! Counter was at -zero- :lol:

#67 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

I also have better luck with flashing the ROM, reboot, then flash gapps. Just curious, does anybody else have trouble with mobile data not reconnecting when
switching from Wifi?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#68 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

I also have better luck with flashing the ROM, reboot, then flash gapps. Just curious, does anybody else have trouble with mobile data not reconnecting when
switching from Wifi?

No. That works fine here. Used GPS today and that also worked great BTW. Accuracy was around 50 feet, when it has been a lot more off before..

#69 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Has anyone tried to send a picture via SMS? Mine is not asking to "resize" which makes the message fall.

#70 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Has anyone tried to send a picture via SMS? Mine is not asking to "resize" which makes the message fall.

Sends fine for me.

#71 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hey guys, I found something regarding root. In the Developer options, change the setting for "Root access" from "Apps only" to "Apps and ADB". This seems to fix the issue will root not sticking/working correctly.

#72 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hey guys, I found something regarding root. In the Developer options, change the setting for "Root access" from "Apps only" to "Apps and ADB". This seems to fix the issue will root not sticking/working correctly.

Same fix across all the latest CM10.1 ROMs, too.  I've seen this root choice in all the AOSP ROMs for atleast a month, maybe two.  I'm really surprised this has just recently come up in 4.3 threads.

#73 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Same fix across all the latest CM10.1 ROMs, too. I've seen this root choice in all the AOSP ROMs for atleast a month, maybe two. I'm really surprised this has just recently come up in 4.3 threads.

I never had any rooting issues until 4.3 and never used CM until now because it was not as feature rich as, for instance, PACMan or my favorite uXylon.

#74 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I never had any rooting issues until 4.3 and never used CM until now because it was not as feature rich as, for instance, PACMan or my favorite uXylon.

Ah, gotcha.  I didn't know you hadn't flashed a pure CM ROM yet.  This reply also applies to the reply I posted in the other thread. 

#75 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Disturbing turn of events. There appears to be something very wrong with the effect the CM 10.2 and/or the rooting method for it. When you go back into TWRP and erase all to restore a backup, there is a problem with the data partition reported. Backups fail on the data portion. Wiping multiple times, even rebooting into Recovery does not fix this. Interestingly enough, You cannot mount data either. if I restore my stock backup, it restores fine data and all. Then I am able to restore my backups for the various ROMs I've installed. The data does not fail to restore, but now I am concerned whether this is just a false error or whether some actual corruption or damage is occurring to the data partition. Any ideas here, or any suggestions on how to check and/or repair the data partition? :wacko:

This is a couple of posts old but are you still having the same restore issues with data? As I am experiencing the same after cm 10.2 was installed

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Motorola Droid Razr M

#76 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

This is a couple of posts old but are you still having the same restore issues with data? As I am experiencing the same after cm 10.2 was installed

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

If you format data and then restore a stock based ROM, it seems to resolve the problem. I think a pointer gets screwed up or something.

#77 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Just added a new odexed build to my hosting folder... Sound and data are working.
  • RikRong likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#78 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just added a new odexed build to my hosting folder... Sound and data are working.

So Tim, what do you think the deal is with not being able to restore nandroids?

Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 4

#79 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

So Tim, what do you think the deal is with not being able to restore nandroids?

Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 4

Not 100 percent but the way I fixed it was... Restore only system and boot... Then boot up... Then reboot recovery and restore only data.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#80 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not 100 percent but the way I fixed it was... Restore only system and boot... Then boot up... Then reboot recovery and restore only data.

Well, I have to give that a go. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users