5 replies to this topic

#1 lwreigel

lwreigel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

I've recently deleted many pictures/videos off my phone.  They were on the internal memory and not on the SD card.  I've been trying to root my phone because I've found apps that claim they can recover deleted pictures, but I need to be rooted.  I've not had luck rooting because I've taken the latest update, and in other forums I've read the latest update isn't very root friendly.  I am a rookie at rooting and anything else technical....I use my phone for phoning and as a camera. :)  Verizon and motorola both tell me I'm out of luck, but to me that is an unacceptable answer....these are mini computers and those pictures still have to be somewhere.  I could use anyones help and advice.  I'm still trying to root, but without much luck...yet.  I'm not giving up! :)  THANKS!

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

There are options for recovering your pictures..... it involves using data recovery software(s) ..... I personally use WinHex for data recovery.....

... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

I found a ton of deleated pics with a root file manager. Wasn't looking for them just looking for the file where pics are stored and like 4 files.

#4 wsladejr

wsladejr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Once I do a factory reset how much memory should be available? Mine says that there's only 4.67 GB's but the specs say that should be 8. I know that the bloat and software will use up some of the memory but 3.5 GB's seems excessive.

My concern is that I may have partitioned part of the HD via safestrap at one point and now it's not being accessed at all...

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Once I do a factory reset how much memory should be available? Mine says that there's only 4.67 GB's but the specs say that should be 8. I know that the bloat and software will use up some of the memory but 3.5 GB's seems excessive.

My concern is that I may have partitioned part of the HD via safestrap at one point and now it's not being accessed at all...

That's accurate. My 16g DNA says 11.3 available

• johnthehillbilly likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#6 jeffreyblanchar

jeffreyblanchar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

There are ways for you to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1). Have you made a backup of your Android Phone data on the Clouds or other drives? 
If you have, you can absolutely copy them all back from the backup.

2). Apply a third-party data recovery program
But, unfortunately, you have not made any backup. A third-party data recovery program can help you out as long as these photos have not been overwritten by anything new on the same phone memory card.
So, what you should do now is to choose a proper program for your photos.

But, if you are not familiar with data recovery stuff, you can firstly use some memory card data recovery freeware that can deeply scan your card and restore your data as much as possible for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users