#1 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hello noob. Nobody likes to be a noob but you are one anyway. Don't hate your self for being a noob... or maybe you do but I can't help with that. I can however help you so developers don't hate you. 

Developers are like that old man across the street who yells at you when you step on his lawn. You are the neighbor kid who constantly bounces balls near that lawn no matter how many times the old man yells at you. So only step on the lawn if you absolutely have to. THE THING IS, you may never have to. You are not special. There is almost over 75,000 members on this site. So whatever problem or request you may have, chances are you not the first one to have it... So that means the answer is possibly most likely already out there. 

So use the search tool search.png, narrow down searches by device, by type of question or even by developer. If it's a question about a ROM or how things work, narrow the search to within the thread. Read the whole thread if necessary. We don't care! Just find your answer. If you can't find it and you've already searched everywhere...then post in the thread. Tell us what problem you have, what you've tried, what your outcome was. Be as brief but descriptive as possible. FOLLOW THE RULES! No bad mouthing, no demanding things, speak English, DON'T SPAM (post same question in multiple forums) and be courteous to everyone! After all, it's your phone and your problem, the other members here to help are volunteering their time. They don't owe you or anyone else ANYTHING and many of them learned this hobby the hard way, with no one to answer their questions!

Now, let's say you did all that and got a correct answer. Use the 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

...even if it's an answer you don't like but an accurate one. 

Let's say you're in a forum that has a Mark%20Solved.png button. Click that for your BEST answer so others can quickly find the proper solution to their similar problem.

Happy modding!  :ph34r:

If there is every ANY solution you can not come to via search or post, then your next course of action should be to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• neckchop, Memnoch73, johnthehillbilly and 16 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#2 jaydub

jaydub

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hey, all...

I've got a couple of Razr M's (one for work, one for personal) loaded with all the usual Verizon crapware.  Thanks for providing us old DOS jocks with a forum where making the phones actually useful to us, and not the pawns of the big corporations is actually the norm instead of the alternative.

I'd make some lame remark about how things have changed, but you guys probably know someone back from the dark ages.  My first modem was 300 baud, and my first big investment was a whopping 5 MB (that's right, MB) full height hard drive.  Nice to find souls who keep the anarchist spark alive.

Thanks for helping me root both my Razr M's!

Best regards...

...James

• neckchop, johnthehillbilly, arkinstructor and 1 other like this

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

Welcome aboard..... "DOS JOCK" I love it.... here's to those of us who remember DOS and remember using it daily.... LOL ....
  • neckchop, livinginkaos and FrHerman like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

Welcome aboard..... "DOS JOCK" I love it.... here's to those of us who remember DOS and remember using it daily.... LOL ....

what if I still do?

From My S4 Dev Edition

• neckchop and johnthehillbilly like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

what if I still do?

From My S4 Dev Edition

Then you sir, are a BADA$$.  :ph34r:

• johnthehillbilly likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#6 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Stuck in the past. I have a piece of cnc equipment that operates on Dos. Funny thing is it is only 10 years old and German made.

From My S4 Dev Edition

• trekkin1707 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#7 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

Stuck in the past. I have a piece of cnc equipment that operates on Dos. Funny thing is it is only 10 years old and German made.

From My S4 Dev Edition

Haha, that's funny, I remember playing on dos when I was a kid. Also, since my dad was a professor and head of the technology committee at a college... We had every computer since the old amber screen apple.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#8 isaacl86

isaacl86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@lamapwr
  • LocationRhode Island
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Whats up!!! the new guy here just trying to get blurry maxx on my bionic! any help would be greatly appreciated! 

• neckchop likes this

#9 Bronco39_58

Bronco39_58

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi all , thanks for having me !

• neckchop likes this

#10 m0n0lithic

m0n0lithic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hello. Greetings from Colombia ;)

• livinginkaos likes this

#11 zantour46

zantour46

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hello thanks for having me I'm trying to root my Droid Razr HD with moto chopper and it keeps failing I posted a little bit ago this is also my first time using Tapatalk :-) so if I'm not posting in the right spot I apologize I will figure it out please help me with my phone:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#12 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hello thanks for having me I'm trying to root my Droid Razr HD with moto chopper and it keeps failing I posted a little bit ago this is also my first time using Tapatalk :-) so if I'm not posting in the right spot I apologize I will figure it out please help me with my phone:D

please post your question in razor hd section,it will be answered quickly,Thanks,rickw

#13 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

welcome one and all,enjoy you stay and don't be afraid to ask questions,they will be answered if possible

• jayrod likes this

#14 zantour46

zantour46

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thank you

#15 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

welcome one and all,enjoy you stay and don't be afraid to ask questions,they will be answered if possible

And sometimes it will be the right ones! Welcome!

Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....NOW RUNNING ECLIPSE

#16 trekkin1707

trekkin1707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@biggen_currie
  • Google+:mcurrie76384@gmail.com
  • LocationVernon Texas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx Limited Unlocked Sim and Bootloader plus7 other Droids Most Fully Unlocked Sim and Bootloaders 2 xt907 LE 1 xt912 Standard 2 xt 912 LE 1 Droid 2 R2D2 1 xt926 Standard Edition

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hello all I'm a 40 year old second generation Star Trek junkie who has been obsessed with Motorola phones since back in the 80's I just got my first RAZR HD first smartphone ever had and I haven't put it down now Ihave 4 of them RAZR HD a regular RAZR XT 210 to play with A RAZR HD Maxx employee Edition I'm fixing to start carrying and a couple with cracked glass what did screens that I figure a reconditioned so that's my story appreciate Y'all having me.
  • neckchop and jayrod like this

http://i.imgur.com/YeLcxY9.jpg[/IMG

#17 ignisjpn

ignisjpn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hello, I am a newbie that is trying unbrick my RAZR XT909(for au, Japanese carrier).

• neckchop likes this

#18 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Welcome, however, I'm not sure how much help we will be able to provide for your device. But we can try :)

• arkinstructor likes this

#19 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hello, I am a newbie that is trying unbrick my RAZR XT909(for au, Japanese carrier).

Since the 909 is similar and in the same family as the 910 and 912 you can try posting in one of those forums to get ideas.

Also xda-developers.com will probably have more info

• ignisjpn likes this

#20 trekkin1707

trekkin1707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@biggen_currie
  • Google+:mcurrie76384@gmail.com
  • LocationVernon Texas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx Limited Unlocked Sim and Bootloader plus7 other Droids Most Fully Unlocked Sim and Bootloaders 2 xt907 LE 1 xt912 Standard 2 xt 912 LE 1 Droid 2 R2D2 1 xt926 Standard Edition

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

just a quiet old man and I hear ya on the old man yelling about people on his lawn and I don't ask for help Unless its a last resort I love a good challenge I've got the root thing down now if I can master unlocking the bootloader I'll feel that I have accomplished something one thing that is neat I haven't messed with a DOS prompt in almost 20 years like going down memory lane thanks for having me I'll kick back watch and maybe learn a thing or two y'all have a good one and we will be posting at you.

http://i.imgur.com/YeLcxY9.jpg[/IMG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new users, noob, noobs, search, please search, use search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users