• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

If you're unlocked and rooted and have done like I have and gave Verizon the middle finger and used the radiocom unlock tool to open up the potential to use such networks as T-Mobile, Straight talk , ATT, Net10, or Sprint prepaid. You may have encountered the same problem I have and loaded some of these bad rear end ROMs these talented devs have built for us and our XT926 Verizon RAZR HD/HD MAXX. After getting tired of going back to 4.1.2 over and over due to lack of SMS/MMS and data on 4.2.2 I started diving into the build props and found a few to edit to obtain SMS/MMS and data.

Do at your own risk, worked for me but I'm not responsible for your crack flashing, build prop editing, up all night modding your phone till your wife leaves you, rear end. With that said here ya go.....

Edit build props to reflect this :

ro.carrier= T-Mobile (or your carrier)

ro.telephony.default_network = 9

telephony.rilV7NeedCDMALTEPhone = false

That's it. Don't reboot between each line you edit just edit all three lines then reboot and profit.

Sent from my XT926 unlocked running Illusion 4.2.2 on T-Mobile . So F#@& Verizon...

• adamjmtz and tarheelbandb like this

#2 tarheelbandb

tarheelbandb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

You brilliant mofo. I suspected that my troubles were build prop related. The closest solution I've come up with was flashing thegsm ROMs. If you don't mind I will link this post to mine on xda.

#3 TINKY

TINKY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

If you're unlocked and rooted and have done like I have and gave Verizon the middle finger and used the radiocom unlock tool to open up the potential to use such networks as T-Mobile, Straight talk , ATT, Net10, or Sprint prepaid. You may have encountered the same problem I have and loaded some of these bad rear end ROMs these talented devs have built for us and our XT926 Verizon RAZR HD/HD MAXX. After getting tired of going back to 4.1.2 over and over due to lack of SMS/MMS and data on 4.2.2 I started diving into the build props and found a few to edit to obtain SMS/MMS and data.

Do at your own risk, worked for me but I'm not responsible for your crack flashing, build prop editing, up all night modding your phone till your wife leaves you, rear end. With that said here ya go.....

Edit build props to reflect this :

ro.carrier= T-Mobile (or your carrier)

ro.telephony.default_network = 9

telephony.rilV7NeedCDMALTEPhone = false

That's it. Don't reboot between each line you edit just edit all three lines then reboot and profit.

Sent from my XT926 unlocked running Illusion 4.2.2 on T-Mobile . So F#@& Verizon...

this isnt working for me please help

#4 TINKY

TINKY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

on my xt926 ,after the edit  i am getting very poor service with at&t and text messaging isnt working at all?any suggestions would be appreciative...thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users