mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hey all.

I am looking to unlock my bootloader.

I am on 4.1.2 and 9.16.6 updates. I have it rooted, but I can't seem to unlock it with Motopocalypse.

The output it gives is below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am willing to downgrade or whatever, but all the information online seemed to point that I would be able to do this.

Thanks in advance.

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Have you run a root check to ensure you actually have root?  and up to date binaries?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Have you run a root check to ensure you actually have root?  and up to date binaries?

Yep, I have the Root Checker Basic app installed and it says that I am rooted.

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Was your phone ever updated prior to this? Looks like it failed in the trusted zone which is the known issue for phones that were already updated then rolled back

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Was your phone ever updated prior to this? Looks like it failed in the trusted zone which is the known issue for phones that were already updated then rolled back

Yes, it was... I just rolled it back this morning to root it and what not.

Is there anyway to "undo" the trusted zone stuff, or wipe it or whatever?

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yes, it was... I just rolled it back this morning to root it and what not.

Is there anyway to "undo" the trusted zone stuff, or wipe it or whatever?

Sorry man... there is no way to unlock now.  :(

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sorry man... there is no way to unlock now.  :(

Poop.. Do you know if there is any work being done on getting an exploit for the latest update?

And I guess my end result is I wanted to boot into different roms, or whatever. Like CyanogenMod. I assumed that I needed to have an unlocked bootloader for that, but is that the case?

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Poop.. Do you know if there is any work being done on getting an exploit for the latest update?

And I guess my end result is I wanted to boot into different roms, or whatever. Like CyanogenMod. I assumed that I needed to have an unlocked bootloader for that, but is that the case?

Highly highly doubtful we will ever see another unlock method.

Sadly you are stuck with using safestrap recovery and using older stock based roms. I don't think you can run CM due to needing the kernel but I am not positive on that.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Highly highly doubtful we will ever see another unlock method.

Sadly you are stuck with using safestrap recovery and using older stock based roms. I don't think you can run CM due to needing the kernel but I am not positive on that.

I know I am getting a little off topic here, but any that you recommend? I am all for experimenting with them to see what I like.

Also, If I were to update to a newer version, would I keep my root? I used SamuriHL's utility to protect my root, but I am not sure.

#10 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I know I am getting a little off topic here, but any that you recommend? I am all for experimenting with them to see what I like.

Also, If I were to update to a newer version, would I keep my root? I used SamuriHL's utility to protect my root, but I am not sure.

You can keep root when updating.

I am unsure about Roms. I have the DNA now. We are trying to compile a list of Roms for you locked guys but that is not done yet.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#11 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

You can keep root when updating.

I am unsure about Roms. I have the DNA now. We are trying to compile a list of Roms for you locked guys but that is not done yet.

Cool thanks. Do you know if I can find that list somewhere? Partial or not?

#12 RAZRsEDGE82

RAZRsEDGE82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:dave chavez
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):xt926 razr maxx hd

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

im in the same boat as you. i have a locked boot, missed the window due to procrastination. i used safestrap and flashed RAGEHD and the metallic blue theme its pretty slick. im going to eventually try a few whether they require unlocked boot or not. if you use safestrap you have nothing to lose.

#13 mitsu400

mitsu400

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

i used safestrap and flashed RAGEHD and the metallic blue theme its pretty slick. im going to eventually try a few whether they require unlocked boot or not. if you use safestrap you have nothing to lose.

Is there some sort of tutorial for that sort of thing? It sounds like something I might look into.

#14 RAZRsEDGE82

RAZRsEDGE82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:dave chavez
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):xt926 razr maxx hd

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

i looked on the forums and couldnt find anything (that doesnt mean there isnt one) so i found a video on youtube that showed step by step how to flash with safe strap. just search for how to use safestrap, and there is a video my tomsgt123.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users