Photo

In need of some help with my Atrix HD.

Best Answer livinginkaos , 08 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Sometimes the partitions can be fidgety and flashing them manually helps that. Anyway glad to help.

From My S4 Dev Edition

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Ok so I have an Atrix HD that I rooted then went to install paranoid android on here. I made the mistake to try and install using Factory Recovery. So it threw an error in Fastboot. I used Myth Tools to get it back to stock. Then used Myth to install CWM Root it and unlock bootloader. Then went to install paranoid android again... Everything seemed to be going well but it just stayed on the Glowing X for 10-15 minutes. Knew something was up with it not loading into OS by then. So I tried to reinstall it again. No luck. Tried to use Myth Tools to go back to factory. Would just stay at Dual Core logo and do nothing. I went back in and installed CWM and tried to install Pacman Rom and it just stays at Pac is loading.

Fastboot still shows Bootloader as unlocked as it should, but is this the reason why Myth could not get me back to factory? I just want to get it back to factory at this point and worry about Rooting and installing Rom later. I have been searching and trying anything I can find on here, and xda forum. As well as various other sites and artices i find from google. I am at a lose. Have I bricked it enough to not come back from this or am I just missing something simple? I am looking for insight or help to get me in the right direction. I am on day 3 now off trying to get it running again.

I have tried in CWM formating Cache and re mounting it in Advance, Also have tried formating system, cache, davik cache... I did receive the can not mount errors but having formatting cache and remounting i did not get the error again.

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'm not familiar with the Myth tool. Have you ever used rsd to flash an fxz file before?

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

I'm not familiar with the Myth tool. Have you ever used rsd to flash an fxz file before?

From My S4 Dev Edition

Kaos, here is more info... I'm reading it now to see if I can help.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#4 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

So after reading I have two questions...

Did you install the JDK? And is ADB recognizing your device?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#5 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

Oops, 3 questions... What was the firmware you placed in the firmware folder? It should be one of these...

PDbEXCr.png

#6 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

From My S4 Dev Edition

When I first had it not load and I went back to stock I tried RSD. I either missed something or it just did not work. It got to step 8 of I think 32 and gave error. When I used Myth Tools it completed without issue.

So after reading I have two questions...

Did you install the JDK? And is ADB recognizing your device?

no to JDK, unless it was apart of Myth. Yes ADB does recognize the Atrix.

Oops, 3 questions... What was the firmware you placed in the firmware folder? It should be one of these...

The one I used was this one.

"

6B0F3C700FC6EC9DE2ECBB9D8552E014 ATT US

"

#7 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Cool that should be right... And in the steps it says u need JDK installed... Let me see if I can find a guide for ya... What computer os you on? Windows 7 or 8?

PDbEXCr.png

#8 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

Windows 7, I followed the guide for Myth Tools so if it had it in the step then it should have it. I will look into that as well. it was late when I did it (at work till midnight trying to get it to work.) so I may not have noticed. LOL Im normally in bed by 9... Married 2 kids ugh I live such a crazy and exotic life... 

#9 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Haha, I'm in the same boat... Try this...

PDbEXCr.png

#10 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Java 7 is installed and up to date. I still uninstalled and installed it just in case. Still nothing. So confused at this point. I've never run into this with a phone. You can still flash back to stock after the bootloader is unlocked. I have seen mixed answers....

#11 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

You can flash an FXZ firmware regardless of locked/unlocked bootloader. So, the utility is not giving you any errors?

When you ran RSD previously, what were the errors you received?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#12 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

for the RSD when I tried it. I had DLed an XML file and had to edit it. is the FXZ different from that? If so what FXZ would I use in RSD? I honestly have not used RSD until Tuesday night....

#13 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

You can flash an FXZ firmware regardless of locked/unlocked bootloader. So, the utility is not giving you any errors?

When you ran RSD previously, what were the errors you received?

failed to hab check for boot 0x56

#14 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

So i went to try RSD again and here is where I am at.... 

Attached Files

#15 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

So i went to try RSD again and here is where I am at....

OK and what happens when u hit start?

PDbEXCr.png

#16 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

instant fail.

#17 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

instant fail.

Darn...

PDbEXCr.png

#18 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

It failed, but why?  What did it tell you?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#19 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Some of the FXZ files contain some extra commands in them that RSD doesn't like.  Specifically a "Get-Var" command.  If that's the case, we can walk you through modifying the xml to clear that up.

• timpohladthomas likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#20 devoe41

devoe41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

I have already deleted both lines of the xml with the Get-var in them then saved. Just in case I made a copy of the original as well and saved it in another location.  

What I do not get is how it does not see any information of the phone. Everything is N/A....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users