Photo

[Theme] Bigdx Ics Theme - Now For Ota 6.12.181 - Experience Ice Cream Sandwich Early!

• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#321 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

This is what my phone is currently looking like. Full ICS experience!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Dude, that is insane!!! Here goes everything!! I will post back with results. Thanks for all your help. You didn't have to but you did. I really appreciate it. DROOOIIIIID
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#322 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Posts #292, 301, 302 & 310. But nevermind...

If you look closely, back a few posts prior, these people are being told to wipe cache due to errors and Force closes. In any other instances.
On that note, If your new to the thread, directions are pretty clear at the beginning of the post.

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#323 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Dude, that is insane!!! Here goes everything!! I will post back with results. Thanks for all your help. You didn't have to but you did. I really appreciate it. DROOOIIIIID

No problem man! Community is what makes this all possible!!

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#324 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Last thing, after backup is done, do I need to reboot and then apply theme?

#325 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Last thing, after backup is done, do I need to reboot and then apply theme?

ok so you got your backup completed. You have the file you downloaded 'BigDX.ICS.Odexed.zip' moved onto your sd-ext. Once the file is on your external card. you will open up Bootstrap recovery. Once opened and granted super user access, choose the bottom of the 2 buttons, Reboot Recovery. Once you click on that, your phone will shutdown and restart in Clockwork recovery. Through this your going to choose to load file from Zip. Choose the 'BigDX.ICS.Odexed.zip' and click it, it will flash, once its completed, about 10s, choose to reboot system.
You will know its been done correctly after it shows the moto dual core print, then it will go into the animated boot logo. and your all set running the new ICS theme.!!!!!

Posted Image

#326 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Why not wipe cache anyway. It cleans up clutter. I wipe cache every so often just to do so. But I've flashed Bigs other theme as in my signature with safe strap no problem. Keeping my non safe completely stock. Safe strap is the $#!+. Anyway just my 2 euros

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

#327 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

DAMN! installation aborted, file bad. How big is the file supposed to be? I got like 10.71 MB

#328 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

weird, i would try and re-download and copy/paste the new file onto your card and try again. My file size is also 10.71MB

Posted Image

#329 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to move the file to my sd card ext. It says move failed, but then I see it there showing 10.71 MB. It is also on the internal SD at the same time. I'm using Astro file manager. I'm not used to Root explorer but I'll try it

#330 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to move the file to my sd card ext. It says move failed, but then I see it there showing 10.71 MB. It is also on the internal SD at the same time. I'm using Astro file manager. I'm not used to Root explorer but I'll try it

i would recommend using Root Explorer. When you open root explorer, scroll down to SDCARD/download and then long press on the file, choose copy. hit the back button twice, click on SDCARD-EXT then choose the option Paste that is there on the screen. should copy and paste without question If your rooted and allowing Super User permissions to the program.

Posted Image

#331 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

SUCCESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! For some reason Astro wasn't playing nice. Root explorer workd just fine. HELL YESSSSSSS!!!Thanks ANDLAW!!!!

#332 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

yea astro is great for just basic file access, but when it comes down to the Super user stuff, Root Explorer is the way to go!! no problemo :)

Posted Image

#333 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

If you look closely, back a few posts prior, these people are being told to wipe cache due to errors and Force closes. In any other instances.
On that note, If your new to the thread, directions are pretty clear at the beginning of the post.

andlaw is correct. There are a few of us (very few) that are having a unique issue when we are flashing this theme. Our settings.apk becomes no longer available. We are trying to figure out if there is a fix for this and that's why we are wiping. It's nothing that you should have to do (although there really are benefits to doing it as RazrSharpJoel has stated). Anyway, if you want to install the theme go for it and don't worry about wiping.
  • andlaw likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#334 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have no settings apk. Does wiping correct this? Wha'ts my next step?

#335 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have no settings apk. Does wiping correct this? Wha'ts my next step?

I was the first to have this problem and have tried everything. I just for the first time tried to wipe cache and dalvik cache before installing and now my settings work again. The only issue that I am seeing now is that I get a FC on messaging.

#336 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Crap! not good. I might have to flash my backup then.

#337 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

widgets is also not responding

#338 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

I had that same issue. I have flashed my recovery more than a few times. I have also fastbooted back to .744 and tried everything again but had the same problem with the settings.apk. I am trying out a few other things right now to see if any of them will work and I will let you know if I have a quick fix.

#339 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ok, here is what I just did. I restored my backup that I made with CWM. I booted the phone up then went back into bootstrap and flashed the the theme. I still had the problem with my settings so I again went to CWM but this time I flashed Bigs back to stock for odex. When I was done with that, I noticed that my messaging icon looks different. Anyway, I went back to bootstrap and wiped cache and dalvik and flashed the ICS theme. I now have settings but get a FC on messaging.

#340 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

So you still have to be deodexed? Is there a deodex .748 yet or whats everyone doing? using deodexed .744 and not upgrading?
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users