// XT926 Dev&Consumer
// Android 4.2.2
// Current Version [ 3.12.21 ]
// All Languages

pow86.jpg
1180diw.jpg2eqf7y9.jpg

MIUI ROM 3.12.20/21 Full Changelog

[Home screen]

New - App location function added in Global Search (12-17)
Optimization - Auto-complete search: User doesn't need to enter the full name of the app or file they are looking for to view search results (12-17)

[Calendar]
New - New version (new day view and month view, transparent black and full white widgets added) (12-19)
Fix - Fixed display issue with description on calendar details page (12-19)

[Contacts]
Optimization - When user is not signed in to Email account, tapping a contact's picture on their cover page will display their Email address (12-17)
Fix - When an unknown number was added to contacts, sometimes the list view would not be displayed correctly (12-17)
Fix - Sometimes, when syncing contacts from SIM card to phone, app would FC (12-17)
Fix - When user had no contacts, the "Select all" button could still be tapped (12-17)
Fix - On contact's detail page, birthday was displayed incorrectly (12-17)
Fix - When contact's detail page had 3 tabs, the triangle indicating the current tab would not align properly (12-17)
Fix - When airplane mode was on, user would be reminded to re-sign in to their Xiaomi Account (12-17)
Fix - When using the +17951 and +86 prefixes to dial the same number, the number would display as two separate numbers in call history (12-17)

[Clock]
Optimization - Updated 2014 holiday info for China ("work days" for alarm settings) (12-19)

[Downloads]
Fix - File formats and links to apps were incorrect (12-17)

[Phone]
Fix - Some parts of the dial pad were displayed incorrectly (12-17)

[Messaging]
Fix - Outing going message status icon displayed incorrectly (12-18)

[MiCredits]
New - Horizontal view added for pop-up payment windows (12-18)
New - Details page for user purchase and top-up history (12-18)
New - After top-up card QR code is read, app will complete top-up automatically (12-18)
Optimization - When user needs to enter a password, keyboard appears automatically (12-18)
Optimization - Lock screen hides user account info (12-18)

[MiCloud Back ups]
Optimization - Only apps that have been used on the day of the back up are backed up to cloud (12-19)

[Music]
New - Sync playlist feature (12-17)
New - Song select feature for Leishi KTV consoles (12-17)
New - Baidu High Quality Music service (pay per month) (12-17)

[Security Center]
Optimization - After check process is complete, new title displayed at Cache Clean Up page (12-19)
Optimization - In Permissions, user can view blank pages display format (12-19)
Fix - After check process was complete, tapping the Clean up button would cause app to FC (12-19)
Fix - After apps were designated as risks or viruses during scan, when user tapped app to view details, the app size would display as "0" (12-19)

[Video]
Fix - Sometimes when user was streaming content, app would FC (12-19)
Fix - User couldn't delete items in "My videos" list view (12-19)

MIUIv5 3.12.21 Download
12-21-2013:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Working:
- Everything
- LTE does not stick through reboot and in this case data must be re-applied manually via *#*#4636#*#*
* To be fair CDMA MIUI is very rare
* Make sure to enable ADB debugging if you encounter MTP issues.

MIUI General FAQ

Q: How do I root this?
A: Enable root in the perm manager, which can be found in the security folder.

Q: Why is G-Apps not listed for Download?
A: Too Bloaty, add a Google account and install the play store as an APK, I suggest using Aptoide to find it.

Q: 4G LTE isn't working
A: Load the Phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, goto Phone information, Set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL).

Q: Help! Phone/SystemUI/Keyboard Isn't working/Is Force Closing!
A: Make sure to do a completely clean wipe, also I'm not sure how well this will work if flashed in CWM.

Q: The Browser looks terrible.
A: Settings -> Advanced -> User agent string -> MiOne (It Renders much better & more naturally!)

Q: My Filesystems won't mount/My PC can't see my device/My phone won't act as a MTP/USB Mounting isn't working!
A: Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable Development / USB Debugging (switch both to on)

• poncho18, bytethegroove, marellz and 1 other like this

#2 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yeah I used the exact same picture as the 4.1.2 build because It's pretty much the same; a new kernel could perhaps fix the USB related issue, try new things fellas and ladies.

I'll be working on this either way like usual so please don't call project death If I don't check in for a few days like in the previous thread, It's incredibly annoying

XT907 users please stop spamming the 926 topics with requests, your build is coming later today or tomorrow and it is optimized for your devices resolution; I normally wouldn't address this in another devices thread but It's only a matter of time lol

#3 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Woohoo!!!!   First one here!  First One here!!!

Downloading now!!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#4 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

By the way? Use a 3rd party File Explorer, updates to this build will come faster than 4.1.2 and I'd like to say again this is an alpha, it is the very first release and I would like for everyone to keep that in mind

• ripper2860 and bdadd34 like this

#5 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is actually my first time playing with a 10.1 based MIUI but here are things I've noticed

- The background no longer 'glasses out' when you open a folder or open the task manager to 'kill all', Instead the background fades to black

- Apps now open before their transition starts, when using the browser for example you can swipe and the swipe animated while the window is opening which I thought was pretty interesting, It's very fast

- Seems like less ram in general is used, things seem more fluid though less 'pretty', there is no real lag where 4.1.2 is kind of slow and not very graceful but better looking for sure

I'm going to start working on another build for this to see if I can get in sync with the official build branches and will use our newest CM10.1 for it, This build is for sureeeeeee rough around the edges, I know It's a bit sloppy but I'm still learning too haha, please bear with me everyone :X

#6 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Excellent Job!!  It shows quite a bit of promise and I too can see the liquid smoothness of this ROM.  Elegance and Simplicity come to mind when I move around exploring its goodies.  The Data Limit reminder is a bit annoying and I cannot find where to remove it or disable it, but the night is still young.  Also -- takes quite a bit for to connect to Verizon for voice and data after a re-boot, and it shows a 3G connection.  I know -- it's an Alpha, but thought I'd let ya know!!  

I'm stoked and looking forward to the updates as they come along!! 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#7 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

The MIUI this was based on is the Sprint S3's rofl, Data limit is controlled in the Monitor app, you can force a faster network connection on boot by trying to place a phone call

#8 propaganda1995

propaganda1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Thanks! I love it so far. Question tho. When i flashed the rom it didnt come with a market place and the file explorer doesnt work so i dont realy have a way of installing the market place apk. Are their any solutions to this?

#9 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Yes, google 'Aptoide' and get it, you can use this to install other markets such as Gplay, just don't use it for piracy (lol)

Or just install G-apps seperate

#10 sunkim50

sunkim50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Fixed 4G on this build!!!

Load the Phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, goto Phone information, Set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL).

Enjoy 4G!

• bboyles4 likes this

#11 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Other misc bugs have been fixed, will be uploading a revised version very soon

#12 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Daily Driver bump lol

#13 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Any chance tethering is working now?

Was running the previous build last night and couldn't get it to work. Probably gonna end flashing this anyways.

Great work and thanks a lot for bringing miui to our device

#14 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

In case anyone else is wondering... tethering is not working on the latest build either.

Runs smooth other than that and haven't come across any other issues so far

Unfortunately I need tethering so I can't use this as a daily driver yet

Edit: Also can't get root access. I do have it enabled it the permissions app

#15 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

In case anyone else is wondering... tethering is not working on the latest build either.

Runs smooth other than that and haven't come across any other issues so far

Unfortunately I need tethering so I can't use this as a daily driver yet

Edit: Also can't get root access. I do have it enabled it the permissions app

Tether doesn't even work in stock rom unless done from the native setting app

USB tether does work; but I'll look into this issue with Root I have no idea why that's happening, I may need to replace Miui perm

#16 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well I was trying to use native tethering app in settings. That all I ever use. And yeah it did look like USB tethering does work but I need tethering for my ps3 (laptop was stolen) and USB tethering doesn't work on that obviously.

Appreciate the hard work and hope a fix for tethering and root comes along. This ROM has already come along way tho. Congrats

#17 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Tethering fix is pretty unlikely, Wifi tether is outright not supported by our kernel at all; the biggest issue is that I'm not sure what needs to be changed for wifi tether in settings to work or if it will even function but these are two issues I am working on addressing

• DroidAddict101 likes this

#18 alexalexalex

alexalexalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

nice rom..battery quickly sit down ((what can you do about this problem?

#19 rightushook

rightushook

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys,

I seem to be having an issue and I can't find a fix as of yet. Roaming Indicator Off appears in Statusbar at all times. I can't figure out how to remove it.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm running MIUI v5 4.2.2 for xt926. nothing else changed other than ROM. I used shabby penguin and I am rooted running 4.2.2 Gapps.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, John

#20 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Doot doot, updated to 3.8.23, carrier issues are fixed; occasional 'garbage' text is fixed

Roaming indicator will never again appear lol

The Screenshot is only in chinese because I'm the holder for this entire device and have to add multi-lang to it :S English works fine.

• DroidAddict101 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users