55 replies to this topic

#21 Lazereth

Lazereth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I installed the ROM and everything works great, except MMS won't send but will receive. When sending a MMS I get "invalid destination address" I searched high and low for a solution, but I seem to running into dead ends. Any help would deeply appreciated!!!!

***UPDATE***

I found that the gapps package CM 10. 20130812 & CM 10.2  20130813 is what was causing the problem. I then tried CM 10  20121011 seemed to fix it. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Edited by Lazereth, 17 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#22 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

great rom. however, where is the Google play app? UPDATE: Nevermind. I see I need to flash gapps. Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD under an Eclipse.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#23 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Use this instead

#24 Lazereth

Lazereth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

After my post, I thought I fixed the issue with MMS sending by trying a different Gapp, but after a minute or up to a day later it stops working ( "invalid destination address"). I used the Google installer as well with the same out come. I do a clean install every time (about 20 times now). Everything works great but I got a have a working MMS. If anyone has any idea on what maybe cause this issue for me or how to fix it, I would be eternally grateful.

#25 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm going to be updating this w/in the next week or so; I've decided on 3.8.23 as a base of operations because It is so stable, but who knows what the future may bring right.

It's in testing right now but I have plans to bring over MIUIs native camera as well; so hopefully the next release I do will have MMS that works for everyone as well as MIUI Camera and yus, the next release will have an updated kernel to allow for Wifi Tether without any witchcraft

• RikRong and Lazereth like this

#26 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Big update, as a base I'm using 'Eclipse' and not CM10, thus functionality is different entirely; this is no longer based on CM10 and future builds will all be AOSP base to avoid complications.

• drewrivera and Lazereth like this

#27 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

What's it based on? Before or after 10? 10.2?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#28 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

check OP, It's based on 4.2.2 AOSP.

The version up right now is not CM based MIUI and I will probably never use CM as a base again, AOSP is cleaner and MIUI is made on pure AOSP and not CM.

Once upon a time before I owned a HD I didn't play the MIUI version x.x.xx game and instead focused on making something as stable and usable as possible, I'd like to return to that mentality because people really don't care about having the newest MIUI version, they care about using something stable with true MIUI functionality like camera, music streaming and things like this

• drewrivera likes this

#29 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

True. I like tweaking up the phone with all the extra options like theming and such but yeah it definitely works better with a stable base with things working. Thanks for the miui experience though. So it's up right? And with which gapps is being used with it?

#30 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

True. I like tweaking up the phone with all the extra options like theming and such but yeah it definitely works better with a stable base with things working. Thanks for the miui experience though. So it's up right? And with which gapps is being used with it?

What I'm doing won't take away from this at all, at the moment I've uploaded R2a which has an (almost) fully native framework and uses native Motorola Cam with software rendering like you'd expect in a proper Patch build; The Control panel 'WSMTools' works perfectly as well which allows for customization beyond 'standard' MIUI.

I don't include G-Apps with any of my builds; some people don't use G-apps at all like myself and other folks prefer to use a modded market or do something like this, I have added an english keyboard next to Baidu KB.

Of any MIUI build I've released for this phone, this is the fastest most functional and most stable so far; already it is mostly devoid of bugs; initial free-Ram is around 450 now..

ram.png

#31 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

But what do you do without gapps? You don't get the full function with the apps to see if everything works

#32 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

But what do you do without gapps? You don't get the full function with the apps to see if everything works

What do you mean, you can get any Google-App from Aptoide or any other 'Black Market' and that's how I prefer to do things but there is also a G-apps installer available on MIUIs site, due to regulations in china G-apps is no longer packaged with MIUI and I think It's a little naive to assume that ONLY G-apps let you use some functionality lol

MIUIv5 was built to exclude G-apps by default, nothing about this Rom requires G-Apps to function but you can still use them; I stopped including G-apps in my roms because people send me PMs and tells saying "use this market, use that" so I pretty much leave it as bloat-less as possible so people can decide for themselves

#33 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

But you can also check functionality with Logcat and other debugging features, I can include a fork with pre-installed G-apps if you prefer though

#34 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Then you have to worry about getting the latest updates on them to see if that's what's causing say a force close. And if that's how your gonna build this ROM without gapp functionality and expect everyone to get there apps from aptoide then there's not gonna be much of a download on this ROM. Your talking a small amount of people doing that with the applications. There a ton of devs cracking down on that black market thing. Anyway whatever dude. I'm still trying out the ROM. just saying. I'm pretty sure everyone wants to have there ROM stable like the way it comes from the carrier but rooted with a ROM and the extras that the developer gives us

#35 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

(Tquetski) MIUIv5 was built to exclude G-apps by default, nothing about this Rom requires G-Apps to function but you can still use them; I stopped including G-apps in my roms because people send me PMs and tells saying "use this market, use that" so I pretty much leave it as bloat-less as possible so people can decide for themselves[/quote]. I got you man. I see. So what applications are used on the original China miui Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#36 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Then you have to worry about getting the latest updates on them to see if that's what's causing say a force close. And if that's how your gonna build this ROM without gapp functionality and expect everyone to get there apps from aptoide then there's not gonna be much of a download on this ROM. Your talking a small amount of people doing that with the applications. There a ton of devs cracking down on that black market thing. Anyway whatever dude. I'm still trying out the ROM. just saying. I'm pretty sure everyone wants to have there ROM stable like the way it comes from the carrier but rooted with a ROM and the extras that the developer gives us

I'll address some things right now so people don't get the wrong idea.

1) Don't imply that I'm building this ROM without G-apps functionality; I never said that.

I'm not including them by default and that is a different thing than saying "They don't work with this", what I'm saying is the ROM will work with or without them either way and they aren't needed for testing purposes while developing; what you said was that without G-apps a ROM won't have full functionality / can't be debugged and I'm saying you're wrong.

2) If people can't figure out how to use the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

then I don't know what to say, that's pretty bad and maybe stock is the best bet for a person like that.

3) I don't mind if people don't download the stuff I make, It's a hobby and not a career path and again I'm not getting paid; there is no donation button and anything I post here is probono, the rom IS rooted however you have to enable root in the MIUI permission manager, a lot of these complaints about functionality come because people don't understand how to use MIUI, this is really not on me.

4) Nobody gives a fk about what the Angry Birds or other app makers think, people can upload whatever they want to Aptoide and It's useful for finding apps that are free anyway and not sanctioned by google or are country-locked. people are going to upload stolen sht to it the same way people upload stolen sht to TPB, so why should a useful thing end because some people are abusive?

Yeah I've pirated apps and I'll probably do it in the future; It's all good because when someone makes something worth paying for like Titanium Backup I buy it regardless. I've given back more than I've taken.

How about the people who are using modded Market to straight up steal LICENSES? The modded market that allows for this is avail on XDA all day and I won't post a link to it because that is a scummy thing, but that's a little more serious than DLing old software off Aptoide but people still love it.

PS: The apps the chinese folks use? It doesn't even matter because they don't work in the US, like how we have their yellowpages but can't call w/out an international plan lol

PSS: I just use Logcat to debug everything, even If you get a FC you still have to figure out what causes it and 'Report' in MIUI may help, but only Logcat will give you valuable information and that's a terminal thing not a G-app thing, but in future releases I'll include G-apps for people who have no idea how to install them lol

• clydei and Lazereth like this

#37 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Screenshot_2013_11_04_17_11_17.png

This is what my MIUI configuration looks like, with the control panel there are a lot of 'extra' things you can do, for the XT925 build in red I posted 'USE N8 KERNEL FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY' and there were only 5 downloads of it; meaning only 5 people read the OP beyond 'Download MIUI', the biggest problem is people have no patience and don't read or are just lazy; MIUI was made to be customized by the end-user so they can have something that feels right in regards to how they want to experience android.

You don't release a ROM based heavily on customization with a configuration that makes a bunch of assumptions and decisions for the people who will be using it, that's against the spirit of what I want to do and that's really all that matters to me

Edit: Some devs don't respond to their threads, sometimes I can't because I'm busy but I always find time to do it but I am starting to understand why some people don't get personally involved like that

• eliasnasro likes this

#38 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Tquestski.... I couldnt agree more....
from my experience with MIUI....people just dont read...
its like the age old but MIUI is like IOS...thats why i dont like it...
what they dont get its nothing like IOS not even a little bit...just cause the main theme when u install it looks like IOS...thats 1 THEME....people are clueless to the power of MIUI...but with great power comes great complications from the people who refuse to read...
MIUI has THE BEST theme engine and its a shame that others havent ported it....
MIUI is THEMERS DELIGHT....
thats my 2 cents
peace
byte

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#39 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Not just that but It's easy to use; I only did it up like iOS with WSM tools to show how flexible it really is.

But for people interested; after flashing G-Apps I can confirm GPS and all that work (which I knew anyway from logcat), Root works when you enable it  and you can access Google-now by swiping on the Nav-bar like with all other roms.

I can port other roms I just don't care to, mostly every other rom feels and looks like the same sht and If you have CM or AOSP you pretty much have the same look & feel, I'm not slagging other porters everyone does great work but for me, I feel that porting something that looks and feels the same but has a slightly different name is completely boring.

Even when I use AvatarRom or ChaOS it still feels like CM10, LewaOS looks good but It's basically MIUI with the app drawer which is unattractive to me

#40 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I actually prefer the app drawer...ITS The first mod I install after flashing miui.....its a part of miui.us by default...miui android doesn't have it or the toolbox....but not just your ROM...miui default theme has an iOS look. This has been a long time misunderstanding...not just with your ROM.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users