jscatricks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilly
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

My razor M was rooted and I somehow (in a moment of stupor) took an OTA update. This update brought my phone up to version 98.16.3 and I lost my root. My boot loader is locked and I have tried several times to reroof and have been unsuccessful. I have tried using Motto chopper and Matt’s utility with no success. I have also wiped the cash and removed the super user, still no luck.

I have read in various other posts that a new ota version may not be rootable but wasn't able to track specifics. Does anybody know for certain if this version is unrootable?

I was going to do a FDR and try again. If that doesn't work I was going to try reload the 4.1.2 on Matt’s utility and see where that gets me? But I figured I'd throw this out there before I wiped my phone.

Thanks for reading!!

Joe

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Go here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 jscatricks

jscatricks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Kaos-  I read through the thread in the link you provided and still wasn't sure if this means I am screwed with a locked bootloader on V98.16.3? And regardless if I did an FDR or Matt Utility option 1, I am still screwed?

I have not ran motochopper 1.1.2 but  in regards to step 8 (System.Img) is that specific to phone model?

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Okay, you can use this utility to gain root - that is all this is for. Now that you are on the newest update, you do not have the ability to unlock. The mention of system img is only in case you have had root previously and for some reason this script failed because of that. Give this a go. Should work. If not, grab the system img from the current fxz and drop it in. There is no need to do an fdr. Matts utility specifically states not to use it on this update.

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 sgraham81

sgraham81

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

So we should NOT run this utility with version 98.16.3....?

UPDATE... The utility rooted me xt907 perfectly!  Thank you!

#6 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

No. Use the original motochopper From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#7 jscatricks

jscatricks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

I have ran the utility about a dozen times and still no luck. I was rooted and did put the System image file into the root folder and still no luck. This is the error I keep getting....

87.15KB   39 downloads

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Joe 

#8 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

I have ran the utility about a dozen times and still no luck. I was rooted and did put the System image file into the root folder and still no luck. This is the error I keep getting....

attachicon.gif

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Joe 

Did you check for Root?

I THINK you "error" is just a notice.

& another post a few after that one.

#9 jscatricks

jscatricks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, I check each time. Still no root access. Thanks

• aviwdoowks likes this

#10 ogal

ogal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I am having the exact same problem. Like, completely identical in every way. Am I out of luck?

#11 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Does motochopper 1.1.2 work with other motorola devices?

#12 bcjohnson

bcjohnson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have the exact same response when running motochopper. Yes, I did a factory wipe and cache wipe many times. Has anyone had any luck? 

#13 jscatricks

jscatricks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Still $#!+ outta luck......Bueller.....Bueller......Bueller?

#14 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

The screenshot has one line that sort of tells me you may not have the right utility.....what exact version do you have?

All of the various versions I have do NOT have the line: "This may take a few minutes"

Now of course, I do not have all the various versions for the 907 since I have a 926, but I do have several.

#15 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

There is no more motochopper other than the original with instructions on what to do if you're still on a version of Android that it works with.  It basically requires you to flash the boot img from the version that was vulnerable to motochopper, running motochopper to root, and flashing the boot img back for the version you're on.  But if you're on the latest updates this will brick your phone.  Hence why I pulled the links to the utility as far too many people were in fact bricking their phones.  So if you're on a version that this still works on, then you can follow the directions to use this method to root.  If you are NOT on a version this still works on, you'll brick trying it and will spend quite a bit of time trying to fix it.  There is NO root for the latest version and higher.

• cmh714 and droidvert like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#16 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

and since I dont see that line in the originals script, its why I think you have another version......

although tat message based on it having a plus sign may be coming from the adb command or the pwn file.....hmm not sure.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

It's from 1.1.2.  An old version of Motochopper that NO ONE should be using since it has issues that we fixed in the later scripts.  But as I said, no one should be using anything but the original script with a manual flash of the boot img files.

• johnthehillbilly, cmh714 and droidvert like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users