Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Is it me...or is the Razr Maxx HD just a total piece of c$#k vomit.

I've had nothing but problems with it.

now, the phone hasnt booted correctly in two days. I FINALLY got the Razr HD utility to reset it, it wouldnt send the system...then I root, install twrp "im unlocked", mount system, wipe cache, dalvik, system, data, then go to install Official CM10 or any rom for that matter, and install gapps 8/13 and reboot.

the first boot is fine, boots into the rom within 2-3 minutes, I can play with the phone for as much as id like. but as soon as I reboot? It freezes at the boot logo. EVERY time.

what is going on...is the kernel really that bad...

I tried installing rage hd 9.20 stock, and it does the exacdt same thing...boots fine then freezes after reboot. 

I completeely skip the sign in and dont change any settings.

is the phone just borked.

or how do i fix this stupid problem. i seriously hate this phone. who wants it. $325 shipped.

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#2 mentose457

mentose457

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Fastboot back to stock. Root. Be-bloat. Go back to the life you had before wasting time flashing roms. 

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yikes, idk if I'd go as far as the both of you are suggesting. 

Did you try maybe a different AOSP type rom? Go onto our sites

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and see if there's anything there you may be interested in trying. Which recovery are you using? What version recovery are you using? You do not need to mount /system any longer if it's a rom developed for an unlocked HD.

Idk if I'd jump to sell the thing without tryin' at least a couple things different. But that's me.

• Gytole likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 RazrGreg

RazrGreg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Anything to do with overclocking or stuff once you boot the first time it does it on boot after that?    I had a similar problem setting overclock on boot.

#5 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

The phones a piece. Lmao
Ive tried everything, ever since i flashed ragd hd is when the problems started...the funny thing is rage is what bprked my old razr xt912 also...not saying theyre the ones at dauly it juat strikes me funny it borked my phomes both times. But that whole mount/wipe system then mount/install rom needs to properly stated in their install instructions. On the razr hd if you do not mount/install it borks recovery, im on twrp btw. Im trying to find thw latest and greatest but all i can find/on is 2.6.0.1 im hoping theres a newer version? My nexus 7 flo has Never had a problem with anything ive thrown at it, and no i dont ovclock, never had a need too. Not doing anything that i cant wait a tenth of a second for.
But for example, i would wipe the phone clean then install c0.2 and it will boot just fine, ill let it sit for about 10 minutes then reboot, i wouldnt even go through the cm setup, and the phone LOCKS at the logo...its a nightmare, then no matter hpw many wipes and flashes it never boots any rom besides a stock based here and there, and its not even like im a crack flasher with it...it just gets old.
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Gytole you rookie ;) just kidding of course.....

heres twrp 2.6.1

• Gytole likes this

#7 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

The phones a piece. Lmao
Ive tried everything, ever since i flashed ragd hd is when the problems started...the funny thing is rage is what bprked my old razr xt912 also...not saying theyre the ones at dauly it juat strikes me funny it borked my phomes both times. But that whole mount/wipe system then mount/install rom needs to properly stated in their install instructions. On the razr hd if you do not mount/install it borks recovery, im on twrp btw. Im trying to find thw latest and greatest but all i can find/on is 2.6.0.1 im hoping theres a newer version? My nexus 7 flo has Never had a problem with anything ive thrown at it, and no i dont ovclock, never had a need too. Not doing anything that i cant wait a tenth of a second for.
But for example, i would wipe the phone clean then install c0.2 and it will boot just fine, ill let it sit for about 10 minutes then reboot, i wouldnt even go through the cm setup, and the phone LOCKS at the logo...its a nightmare, then no matter hpw many wipes and flashes it never boots any rom besides a stock based here and there, and its not even like im a crack flasher with it...it just gets old.

That's cute... I'd expect some noob with 3 posts to blame a ROM for "borking" their phone but not an "experienced" user. The funniest part is the "Rage ROM borked my xt912" thing, I don't own an HD so I am not gonna comment on the installation process of ROMs on that device, but I ran Ragerom as my dd for months without issue...I don't know how YOU can mess up a phone with Safestrap installed but apparently YOU found a way. Lol!! I guess you must have skipped the whole flash at your own risk part of the OP among other things. Quit crying and fix your phone. Thanks, best wishes and good luck. -Team Rage.
  • bdazzg1 and TeamRage like this

#8 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Um.....op clearly states u must mount system.....u must mount system on any blur based ROM.....that's also mentioned in several how to threads.
Rage ROM HD runs perfect....in facts its been the fastest and most stable ROM out there for me that I've tried......
Read the op again...then actually follow the instructions posted..... Outside from that there isn't much more I can tell u other than its definitely something YOUR doing wrong
Peace
Byte
  • bdazzg1, TeamRage and jl90 like this

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

djuniah compiled a 2.6.3 here:

#10 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Im not playing the blame game...and sorry i work 70 hours a week...so android/razr hd has been my last priority.
I just said its FUNNY how i flashed rage hd...and they WORKED just fine, it wasnt until i tried a DIFFERENT rom that the fluff hit the fan...lmao. Not that big of a deal. Just annoyong? Surely its a USER error. And for your satisfaction, ive flashed over 50 phones just this summer with no problems. But once someone trys Rage they have the same problems i do...jusssstttt sayiingg...the Razr HD is STILL a piece though...hahaha
Im buying the Nexus 5!
  • shane1 likes this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#11 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

But once someone trys Rage they have the same problems i do...jusssstttt sayiingg...

Sounds here like you ARE in fact blaming my ROM for breaking phones. Funny thing is I've had no such complaints from ANY other users!

Sent from my RAGED OUT RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#12 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Im not playing the blame game...and sorry i work 70 hours a week...so android/razr hd has been my last priority.
I just said its FUNNY how i flashed rage hd...and they WORKED just fine, it wasnt until i tried a DIFFERENT rom that the fluff hit the fan...lmao. Not that big of a deal. Just annoyong? Surely its a USER error. And for your satisfaction, ive flashed over 50 phones just this summer with no problems. But once someone trys Rage they have the same problems i do...jusssstttt sayiingg...the Razr HD is STILL a piece though...hahaha
Im buying the Nexus 5!

That was a very polished political response! You should run for public office in your limited free time. It takes a very skilled politician to in one paragraph both deny something they said or did and then in the next thought, reaffirm that which they had just tried to deny. Kudos to you councilman!! :)

I think you should read the part of your post where you wrote...
"the funny thing is rage is what bprked my old razr xt912 also."

Perhaps I don't quite have as firm of a grasp of the subtle nuances of the english language as I presume that I do but... I did not take "funny" as a joke. I assumed it was in reference to an ironic situation. Choose your words more carefully for all of us less intelligent members of the fertile ecosystem known as droidrzr.com.
Thank you, it has been a sincere pleasure exchanging thoughts and ideas with you. :) Again, best wishes and good luck to you sir.

#13 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBerwyn, IL

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Funny as I was on rage this morning and now on droidconcepts to test my theme....as I type this....later I plan to rerage my phone. So I and many other members can assure u that it works..... It sounds like to me u have more of a recovery issue.....twrp? I use shabby penguins touch cwm recovery with no issues.......twrp just plain sucks....nice ui and concept....just highly unreliable. Peace Byte Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • Gytole likes this

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#14 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thats what im saying...it sounds like a recovery issue...
Just rage bites me in the butt everytime. I dont get why you shoukd mount on an unlocked bootloader as ive never had to with my nexus series, but thats what im saying i dont know...
Didnt mean give you all rage-ing stiffys about this, but if arguing with men about roms/recoverys is what gets you off id expect you to have you own peter puffing XDA forum...oh wait...
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#15 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not everybodys phone is perfect. Thats all im saying. Ive just never had th many problems until ive owned the HD
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#16 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

"Didnt mean give you all rage-ing stiffys about this, but if arguing with men about roms/recoverys is what gets you off id expect you to have you own peter puffing XDA forum...oh wait..."

Wow. BTW "rage won't be biting you in the butt anymore" ;)
  • bdazzg1 likes this

#17 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBerwyn, IL

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Isn't that what this site is too? Its own peter puffin xda forum...... Which u seem highly active on....lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• jl90 likes this

#18 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

He Stated it was user error that was possible, I even sometimes still need some help, heck, ask Tucs, for some reason I flashed a rom with TWRP and with System Mounted and it wouldn't work, we had to use clockworkmod and he has the same device, we spent hours, from about 9pm till 2am trying to figure out why the same device, same twrp version, same rom, (again not a rage rom,) would not work together, we even started from scratch...

Some phones, Tablets just handle some things different is all, due to hardware or who knows, somethin silly...   I don't think anyone meant harm, sounds like his gripe is about the phone, which no dev made the phone... Lets all work together like we always do and Test... :)

Also when you mount then Wipe, you have to go back and mount system again before flashing, or a few things you have to keep going back to check off mount, odd I know but for me that is what I have ta do... (Some forget that also even me)

But Moving forward.....................................

Happy Testing, :)

Thank you,

Sat :ph34r:

Edited by satman80, 14 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.
spelling as usual

• Gytole likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#19 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yep, they say dont buy a car manufactured on a Monday or Friday. :)

• Gytole and shane1 like this

#20 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBerwyn, IL

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I still think it all starts with recovery....which above my level...so no disrespect to any devs.....there isn't one stable recovery I've used..... 5 mins plus to wipe cache......impossible...sometimes I have to wipe 4 or more times....

PS I've found that aroma works well...I added a wipe option I was testing and format cache never hangs.... Go figure..peace
Byte

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users