#401 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

I hope this is the case, as I literally flashed 211 yesterday morning and got my soak invite 10 hours later. If only I waited a day

Question, if I don't (obviously) participate in this soak, will I still be on the list for the next soak (whenever that is?)

I am not sure. I hope so since I got the soak invite also and I can't participate

#402 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

I hope this is the case, as I literally flashed 211 yesterday morning and got my soak invite 10 hours later. If only I waited a day

Question, if I don't (obviously) participate in this soak, will I still be on the list for the next soak (whenever that is?)

You should be. I've gotten soak test invites for the last 3 updates but only participated in the first one. The other two I was already on the update lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Poloki likes this

#403 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

disregard.

#404 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

First of all, if you're on .79, I'd say stay there. If you want to see what .211 has to offer, do it through Safestrap with one of the stock .211 based ROMS now available. There are several threads on how to do this and you will stay on path for the OTA that should hit within the next 2-3 weeks.

Secondly, no, that's not the way at all.

#405 Baraka

Baraka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

What am I missing here? I am running a stock 6.12.181 without root. So far I have...

1. Fastbooted back to stock and ran all OTA upgrades to get back to 6.12.181 (Its like she's fresh outa the box.)
2. Placed ZIP onto SD card.
3. Cleared factory settings. (kinda redundant at this point, but I like to stick to the plan ; )
4. Install update ZIP from SD card.

I get an error regarding Signature verification.... followed by sadness.

Like I said, no Root, no Voodoo, no Safestrap, no Bootstrap, nothing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

#406 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

What am I missing here? I am running a stock 6.12.181 without root. So far I have...

1. Fastbooted back to stock and ran all OTA upgrades to get back to 6.12.181 (Its like she's fresh outa the box.)
2. Placed ZIP onto SD card.
3. Cleared factory settings. (kinda redundant at this point, but I like to stick to the plan ; )
4. Install update ZIP from SD card.

I get an error regarding Signature verification.... followed by sadness.

Like I said, no Root, no Voodoo, no Safestrap, no Bootstrap, nothing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You need to be rooted.

#407 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

You need to be rooted.

No, you do not have to be rooted. You can optionally root and protect root with Voodoo before flashing, but it's not required.

@Baraka I have to ask if you are sure you want to do this now? The OTA is most probably going to hit within the next 2-3 weeks and you will not be able to take it as is if you move to ICS now. If you want ICS, I suggest going to 6.16.79 not 6.16.211. With .79 you can fastboot back and take the OTA when it comes.

In either case Matt has written a utility to help flashing ICS from GB.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The 6.16.79 leak can be found

#408 Baraka

Baraka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

You need to be rooted.

Thanks for the tip, but after a quick rooting of said phone, the install still fails the same way.

"E:signature verification failed"

Installation aborted.

#409 youssefous

youssefous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the tip, but after a quick rooting of said phone, the install still fails the same way.

Installation aborted.

I'm new to my razr, though a long time flasher, and I'd say redownload the leak. Check the MD5. Sounds like you had a corrupt download honestly. Also I'm on .211, its just fantastic. I don't know what else they would want to put in the offical OTA, but after a couple days on .211 I don't think I want it.

#410 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Is anyone else having issues with safe strap. It is installing fine for me but when I try to boot into it all I get is a black screen. Any ideas on what could be the problem.

#411 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Is anyone else having issues with safe strap. It is installing fine for me but when I try to boot into it all I get is a black screen. Any ideas on what could be the problem.

Unplug the usb. With no usb plugged in to the phone it will go into cwm

#412 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Unplug the usb. With no usb plugged in to the phone it will go into cwm

Thanks for the help. Didn't realise it would do that when plugged into just a power cord.

#413 Charlizarlslie

Charlizarlslie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:Charizarlslie

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

I did the Es File & Rom Manager route. Just make sure you are on stock .181. I used Matt's utility to get there then the cache install and it worked fine. I lost root and used the new 4.04 Root utility and everything is great. Make sure you did not install CWM or Safestrap. Stock means fastboot back or RSD and no changes but rooting.

does this mean i need to be rooted for it to work? I fastbooted back to 181 and just went ahead with the install of 211

#414 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

First of all, if you're on .79, I'd say stay there. If you want to see what .211 has to offer, do it through Safestrap with one of the stock .211 based ROMS now available. There are several threads on how to do this and you will stay on path for the OTA that should hit within the next 2-3 weeks.

Secondly, no, that's not the way at all.

what will the people that have 211 ics now do if they add a different final release? just flash the new one so why wait? once you take the oto you cant go back to GB anyways can you??

#415 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Moderate to light use.

Posted Image Posted Image

#416 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

what will the people that have 211 ics now do if they add a different final release? just flash the new one so why wait? once you take the oto you cant go back to GB anyways can you??

People (like me) who are currently on the .211 leak are kinda in limbo at the moment. Chances are quite good that we will be able to get back on path once the final is released, but that is yet to be seen.

You are correct that from all evidence so far, there will be no path back to Gingerbread once you take the update to ICS.

My point in the previous post was that the official OTA is imminent and if you are currently able to stay on path it is probably a good idea to do so. With the current hacks and methods you can update to the 6.12.79 and still get all the benefits of ICS (and even .211 through Safestrap) and stay in a state to accept the OTA when it comes.

I updated to .211 with full knowledge of the possible outcomes and was willing too accept whatever outcome that might be. The people that come in here with 3 or 4 posts wanting to know why they cannot get the install to work often have not thought everything through and/or do not have all of the information they might need.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#417 jakubx80

jakubx80

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Installation aborted.

Anyone has solved this? I'm getting the same error (upgrading from one of the ICS leaks)

#418 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Anyone has solved this? I'm getting the same error (upgrading from one of the ICS leaks)

I am in the same boat, i have tried this several times re downloading zip and replacing it on sd. still get install abort.

cant get any more simple on the process to do this flash so something is wrong with the zip file or there is a file on phone that is causing this that is not getting deleted.

i can flash the ics 79 no problem

I was going to try the Cheescakev2.apk method but i dont think i will do that.

I went back to 173 gb and i will do OTA to 181 and see if that does anything.

#419 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Moderate to light use.

Do you have the OG RAZR or the MAXX, Wyld?
Posted Image

#420 jakubx80

jakubx80

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

I am in the same boat, i have tried this several times re downloading zip and replacing it on sd. still get install abort.

cant get any more simple on the process to do this flash so something is wrong with the zip file or there is a file on phone that is causing this that is not getting deleted.

i can flash the ics 79 no problem

I was going to try the Cheescakev2.apk method but i dont think i will do that.

I went back to 173 gb and i will do OTA to 181 and see if that does anything.

Ok, I just did a simple SD flash but I used the file from a different source posted in post #17 in this thread

and I just booted up... Welcome ICS 4.04 :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users