14 replies to this topic

#1 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

I updated to the latest version of twrp awhile ago and have made several back ups since. Recently when doing a back up it requires about 6 GB of space and says its breaking data up into several archives. It takes forever to do it also. Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

This was an issue that has come up on 4.3 ROMs.  If you search for it, there was a solution posted for it, either here or on XDA, but I can't exactly remember where it was. 

edit:  Sorry, I didn't mean this to sound like a reprimand.  I was just recommending to search for it because I couldn't exactly remember where I saw it. 

• lowvolt likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

This was an issue that has come up on 4.3 ROMs. If you search for it, there was a solution posted for it, either here or on XDA, but I can't exactly remember where it was.

edit: Sorry, I didn't mean this to sound like a reprimand. I was just recommending to search for it because I couldn't exactly remember where I saw it.

didn't sound like that at all. I can tell the difference between when you are generally trying to help and when you are frustrated. Lol. Its all good.

• RikRong likes this

#4 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

didn't sound like that at all. I can tell the difference between when you are generally trying to help and when you are frustrated. Lol. Its all good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I updated to the latest version of twrp awhile ago and have made several back ups since. Recently when doing a back up it requires about 6 GB of space and says its breaking data up into several archives. It takes forever to do it also. Any thoughts?

I do not stay on a 4.3  (or 4.2 even) rom long enough to care to back up. But it seems TWRP for the M will not cut it for 4.3. The 926 ver may do it via TWRP manager. Try if from home screen for backup & restore only. Even that duty is risky as you have recovery that you can only use from your booted phone! Swap it out when done!

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

I do not stay on a 4.3  (or 4.2 even) rom long enough to care to back up. But it seems TWRP for the M will not cut it for 4.3. The 926 ver may do it via TWRP manager. Try if from home screen for backup & restore only. Even that duty is risky as you have recovery that you can only use from your booted phone! Swap it out when done!

I've had no issues with 4.3 ROMs and TWRP 2.6.  They seem to be getting along just fine for me.  Also, it's pretty risky running TWRP for a different device.  Personally, I wouldn't do it. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#6 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

twrp borked my xt926 for 2 days. I was running cm10.2 nightlies and everything was going fine until i was at work and my phone froze playing music, then no matter the wipoes/flashes I couldnt get it to boot past the Boot LOGO. it was a damn nightmare...

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#7 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

I have searched and searched. I can not find the fix post anywhere.

#8 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

Android caused my divorce !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth
  • Current Device(s):M8 ROOTED S-OFF UNLOCKED, XT926 UNLOCKED

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

twrp borked my xt926 for 2 days. I was running cm10.2 nightlies and everything was going fine until i was at work and my phone froze playing music, then no matter the wipoes/flashes I couldnt get it to boot past the Boot LOGO. it was a damn nightmare...

Yea I had a similar issue with music and a low battery freezing and then doing the three button push got me to the moto splash screen and no further ...my remedy ? Doing the three button push three times in a row w/o being plugged in for some reason on the third time it finally boots twrp ,don't know if this is exclusively for me or what ...

Sent from my Chuck Norris Edition M8 

#9 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

So on 4.3 is it better to use cwm?

#10 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

What was your fix? did you have to reflash the rom?

#11 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

I have to say I flashed every ROM there is currently and made a backup of each one and usually restore the last one cause I didn't like the new Rom I flashed, I'm also using twrp 2.6

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#12 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a link for the .IMG of the newest recoveries for xt907.. Anyone ever use oudhs? Or what ever?

#13 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Look at the links on the bottom of the page all for the xt907

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#14 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

I can't find a thread here for twrp 2.6 -- are there any significant changes over 2.5? I've never had any problems using 2.5 with 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3 ROMS

EDIT: never mind, I saw the official TWRP change log

• Gytole likes this

#15 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

For the M I suggest still using Matt's v2.5 of TWRP for the M. If you have an HD go with using Hashcodes v2.6.1 of TWRP

• neckchop and cmh714 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users