#41 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Quick question before I dive in and finally root. What affect is this going to have on any further updates that get pushed out?

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#42 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

The Updates will unroot your phone. I don't intend to take any updates. I haven't taken one since the D1 and once ICS is running 100 percent we won't have a need to take Moto updates.

#43 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

nevermind..... (deleted my post since Safestrap is now available)

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#44 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

Got everything set up and the guts to give this a try and BINGO I am rooted. Thanks to all that participated in getting this out for us and helping out with any questions that we had.

#45 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Yes, I unrooted using Z4, then did the one promt/click on this site to re root. There is also a app on the market that will unroot you. (.99) I thinks it is called ginger unroot, or something like that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can confirm that this app works without a problem. I installed and tried it and was unrooted within minutes. I rooted again using the method in this thread and everything went smooth again.

#46 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Got everything set up and the guts to give this a try and BINGO I am rooted. Thanks to all that participated in getting this out for us and helping out with any questions that we had.

Glad everything is going good for you Thatch! Welcome to the rooted Razr family! :D
I hope you find everything you need to create your perfect Droid.
Sent from my DROID RAZR

#47 panapress

panapress

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

Posted Image

Droid Razr 1-Click Root Method

Windows Method

Windows 1-Click Package ---->

Preparation for Windows Method:
1) Make sure you have installed the proper Motorola USB drivers Get them

2) Ensure that you have installed ADB Not sure? Click

3) Put phone into USB debugging mode From Home Screen: Settings..Applications..Development
4) Connect device to computer Razr should be in Mass Storage Mode

Rooting for Windows Method:
1) Complete the steps above
2) Download Moto_Razr_Root_Windows.zip from above
3) Extract to a folder on your desktop
4) Click run.bat
5) Click any key to continue root
6) Rooting will take place and device will reboot Keep plugged in until Razr finishes booting
7) Command prompt will tell you its complete when done

To better understand rooting please read --->

I am new to rooting. After going through this this I am still not sure if the above instruction will work on my Razr if it is already updated with the latest build 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2. If not, is there any other way to root my Razr?

#48 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

I am new to rooting. After going through this this I am still not sure if the above instruction will work on my Razr if it is already updated with the latest build 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2. If not, is there any other way to root my Razr?

From what I gathered Zerg will still work. Run this and let us no if you got a success. Also someone said they had to run it twice. Just go to the market and get root checker, its free.

#49 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

From what I gathered Zerg will still work. Run this and let us no if you got a success. Also someone said they had to run it twice. Just go to the market and get root checker, its free.

#50 panapress

panapress

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

Thank you so much. I did it once and it successfully rooted the phone without any error. It could not have been any easier for a novice like me. Now I am onto freezing all of those useless bloatware.

Thanks,

#51 panapress

panapress

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Does rooting the Razr prevent Motocast from running on the phone? Or from receiving updates?

Also, "MotoSignatureApp" is grayed out and I think this is what is prevent Motocast from connecting. Any suggestion to fix this without factory reset and rooting again?

#52 Electrotech33

Electrotech33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Ok I finally got my OTA update last night, and went with the update, first time the phone rebooted after the update it locked up, I did a hard reset and it booted right up the 2nd time.

Here is my problem. If I run the one click root... zergrush... it says sending zerglings and all that and that it worked, but at the end it says that link failed, file exists.

So one how do I get rid of the file? or two am I supposed to be doing something else rather than running zergrush again.

#53 Electrotech33

Electrotech33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ok I finally got my OTA update last night, and went with the update, first time the phone rebooted after the update it locked up, I did a hard reset and it booted right up the 2nd time.

Here is my problem. If I run the one click root... zergrush... it says sending zerglings and all that and that it worked, but at the end it says that link failed, file exists.

So one how do I get rid of the file? or two am I supposed to be doing something else rather than running zergrush again.

PS... I did not do the rootkeeper app. I was at work when the update pushed out and did not have a chance to do any of that stuff. Am I stuck or do I have to restore to get back to stock first, then root, then protect root, then update?

#54 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

try using Doomlord's jailbreak - it worked for me.
  • twinsfan1313 likes this

#55 twinsfan1313

twinsfan1313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/117209965152223481391/posts
  • LocationFair Oaks, Ca.
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Did not work first time..... trying again

#56 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Does rooting the Razr prevent Motocast from running on the phone? Or from receiving updates?

Also, "MotoSignatureApp" is grayed out and I think this is what is prevent Motocast from connecting. Any suggestion to fix this without factory reset and rooting again?

i could be wrong but i don't think it does... rooting your device is similar to admin privileges or user account control popping up on windows asking for permissions for certain apps to run... maybe you changed something i havent rooted my razr yet so im not exactly familar with this device but the is the grayed out in taskiller? cause mine is grayed out

#57 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Not sure if you've gotten it fixed yet or not but here are instructions via Droid-Life to re-root

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#58 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

This worked perfectly for me. Make sure to use version 3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#59 Electrotech33

Electrotech33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

This worked perfectly for me. Make sure to use version 3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Awesome! thanks for this... I'm sure the others would of worked too but as stated version 3 of doomlord's worked perfect for me on this. I ran this on my Mac using windows Parallels and it was very fast. Faster than I remember my home desktop running windows 7 did.

#60 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Just use the root method on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users