• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1296 replies to this topic

#841 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

I am restoring my stock 9.30 back up that is rooted, and unlocked. Then I am going to grab the 9.30 fxz, run the universal script, save data, and then OTA....Correct?   I apologize, I just want to be sure that I am understanding this.

#842 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

I don't know about your restoring of 9.30.1 backup, but, that's fine.  Once that's done, use the 9.30.1 FXZ with the HoM (Select the UNIVERSAL script, it'll save your data), then you can flash the OTA update through sideloading off your sdcard.  After that you should be able to install CWM recovery and re-root.  (TWRP is not updated yet for 4.4.2)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#843 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I install the OTA sideloading into stock recovery, or will it just overwrite TWRP?

#844 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

The FXZ overwrites TWRP. You'll have stock recovery after running the UNIVERSAL script.

#845 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

When you are ready to put CWM on, you have to be sure you use the new KK version.  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#846 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Will the OTA NEED to be sideloaded? Or should I just wait for the FXZ? I just got the BOOTLADER UNLOCKED warning logo again.

#847 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Once you flash the 9.30.1 FXZ with the universal script, you can boot directly into recovery, select to Install update from the SD, select the update then follow it.  It will install a new recovery first, then reboot into the new recovery to finish the update.

NOTE - If you get the broken recovery Andy on his back when you boot into recovery, it will do it again when you boot into the new recovery.  You will have to key out of that and start the update again.  It will see that the new recovery is already there and skip that step, so don't worry.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#848 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Depends on what you're trying to do.  If your goal is to get to the OTA, sideload it.  If you don't want the OTA, then stay on 9.30.1.  But if you want the OTA, you'll have to sideload it, wait for it to show up on your device, or wait for the FXZ and use the Keep Data or UNIVERSAL script to upgrade to it.

#849 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

after going through this today, I think Im going to wait, flash TWRP, and then FXZ to the update, keep data,, and then flash CWM

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

• SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

#850 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

When you are ready to put CWM on, you have to be sure you use the new KK version.  

I can't get the CWM to flash in Fastboot, it says it does, then it just opens the regular recovery, Sam I used your KK fix file to update to 4.4, and that worked great, I just can't get CWM to flash now.

#851 iliaskirko

iliaskirko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Hi, I have xt926 rooted, but locked, with 9.30. I have downloaded FXZ 9.30 from 

, fxz script generator and snapdragon fxz support. I have done all instructions from tutorial. I ran HouseOfMoto.sh with sudo, typed device name, and chosed KEEP-DATA. Here the output:

the process stuck on this line.

And after that phone doesn't turn on, doesn't boot into fastboot. Pressing and holding power button with vol+ and vol- also doesn't make any sense

How to return it back to life? Please, help

#852 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

I can't get the CWM to flash in Fastboot, it says it does, then it just opens the regular recovery, Sam I used your KK fix file to update to 4.4, and that worked great, I just can't get CWM to flash now.

As soon as you flash it, unplug the phone and boot into recovery. Do not let it boot up normal or cwm will be overwritten with stock recovery.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#853 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hi, I have xt926 rooted, but locked, with 9.30. I have downloaded FXZ 9.30 from

, fxz script generator and snapdragon fxz support. I have done all instructions from tutorial. I ran HouseOfMoto.sh with sudo, typed device name, and chosed KEEP-DATA. Here the output:

the process stuck on this line.
And after that phone doesn't turn on, doesn't boot into fastboot. Pressing and holding power button with vol+ and vol- also doesn't make any sense
How to return it back to life? Please, help

Looks like a USB cable or port problem. Ensure you're using the original cable that came with your phone (yes, it matters) and are plugged into a USB 2 port, not USB 3.

#854 iliaskirko

iliaskirko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

Looks like a USB cable or port problem. Ensure you're using the original cable that came with your phone (yes, it matters) and are plugged into a USB 2 port, not USB 3.

yep, it was not original cable and usb3.0 port.

After that phone was recnized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader". I found instrution that it is necessary to flash "blank flash". I have tried that on computer with Win7 and USB2.0, but I got error "No data read from USB". I have tried again, but there was the same error. After that I tried to connect to another USB, but device does not recognized, the notification "USB device does not recognized" appeared 

#855 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Um that doesn't seem good. That's not a situation I've encountered before. Make sure the moto driver is up to date. You are in ap fastboot mode on the phone yes?

#856 iliaskirko

iliaskirko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

Um that doesn't seem good. That's not a situation I've encountered before. Make sure the moto driver is up to date. You are in ap fastboot mode on the phone yes?

No, after error while flashing 9.30 using HouseOfMoto, I can't turn phone on or,at least, boot to fastboot. Phone does not respond to pressing and holding power button with vol+ and vol-

#857 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

No, after error while flashing 9.30 using HouseOfMoto, I can't turn phone on or,at least, boot to fastboot. Phone does not respond to pressing and holding power button with vol+ and vol-

Hold power and volume down to try to boot directly to fastboot mode.  If you can't get to fastboot mode, you can't flash anything so that has to be solved first.

#858 iliaskirko

iliaskirko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:23 AM

Hold power and volume down to try to boot directly to fastboot mode.  If you can't get to fastboot mode, you can't flash anything so that has to be solved first.

No, it doesn't working. 

I have tried to connect phone to computer again, and it recognized, at least. Phone again is "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader" on COM port in device manager

#859 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Getting it to be "recognized" doesn't solve anything.  If it's not in fastboot mode, it can't be flashed.

#860 srmason6

srmason6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

As soon as you flash it, unplug the phone and boot into recovery. Do not let it boot up normal or cwm will be overwritten with stock recovery.

Sam...every time I try to it goes black and then Andy on his back shows up...only stock recovery after that... I must be keying it wrong...after it flashes..unplug...and then key what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users