YAY I got it to work!! Finally

#23 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

6.16.211 leak is the same as official. This brings you back to the "path" if you will.

Where are you getting this from? As far as I know, there's been no official release so we have no way of knowing what the path even is.

#24 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Where are you getting this from? As far as I know, there's been no official release so we have no way of knowing what the path even is.

If this isn't official enough for you I don't know what is:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• JJT211 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#25 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Very nice. Had not seen that. The ota should be soon then. Thanks Matt

#26 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Also, mirrors from Xbot and Goo-inside.me are added.

Very nice. Had not seen that. The ota should be soon then. Thanks Matt

Also just saw this on twitter lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#27 jhogan11

jhogan11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSaratoga, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

After doing this, can a razr ever be brought back to GB? Great work by the way.

#28 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

After doing this, can a razr ever be brought back to GB? Great work by the way.

Nope. The Ice Cream Sandwich update is permanent.

#29 jhogan11

jhogan11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSaratoga, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Ok. I guess I'll give it a whirl. My Razr Maxx is a virgin. I had a lot of fun hot rodding my HTC Droid incredible!

#30 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Matt, many kudos - as usual, you def deserve them! Hope finals went well -

btw, does 1.7 wipe internal sd card? Hope not! Also, know of any apps that should NOT be carried over to 211?
tia, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#31 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSpringville, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

I have two quick questions,

If this permanent how do we clear off roms that we add on after we are stock ICS to start fresh?

When you do option 1 what is it preparing on GB to do ICS, and once that is done we go into recovery and install the update from the SD card?

Sorry for the questions the large amount of info flying around about ICS i just want to be sure.

Thank you.

#32 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Matt, many kudos - as usual, you def deserve them! Hope finals went well - btw, does 1.7 wipe internal sd card? Hope not! Also, know of any apps that should NOT be carried over to 211? tia, SpyderMan

It does not :D

I have two quick questions, If this permanent how do we clear off roms that we add on after we are stock ICS to start fresh? When you do option 1 what is it preparing on GB to do ICS, and once that is done we go into recovery and install the update from the SD card? Sorry for the questions the large amount of info flying around about ICS i just want to be sure. Thank you.

You can return to fresh stock ICS using this utility option 2 as it says in the OP.

Preparing ICS is flashing the 6.12.181 system.img, preinstall.img, and a few other 6.12.181 files, then flashing ICS recovery, to allow an absolutely smooth install process.
  • Dabuck217 likes this

#33 shadvich

shadvich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Put the 211 update on your SD card.
Use option 2 in the utility.
Reboot into motorola recovery
Wipe data (highly suggested)
Install update from external storage -> Select the 211 update you put on there.
To root use the 4.0.4 root option.

Yes, this updates radios to 211 radios.

I installed an ICS leak a month ago on my friend's maxx. I'm guessing he won't be able to just flash the OTA when it rolls out. Should I just follow these instructions? I'm a gnex owner so I have no idea what's going on, lol

#34 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

It does not :D

You can return to fresh stock ICS using this utility option 2 as it says in the OP.

Preparing ICS is flashing the 6.12.181 system.img, preinstall.img, and a few other 6.12.181 files, then flashing ICS recovery, to allow an absolutely smooth install process.

Thank you so much!!! You the man!!!

#35 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Would have sent you a pm Matt but looks like your box is full. I'm at work right now and can't get access to a puter with motohelper drivers. Is it possible to sideload. 211 from. 75 without a puter?

#36 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Matt, great to hear about non-wipe of internal sd!

btw, how long should 1.7 take to bring me fm rooted Eclipse'd gb to 211?
& will the install of ics bootstrap create a new storage sub-directory for nand backups, that'll require me to evacuate any old
nands, or will they go into a diff dir?

I would imagine it would be 'brick city' if an old, gb based backup were restored on to 211 !!!

all the best, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#37 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

Would have sent you a pm Matt but looks like your box is full. I'm at work right now and can't get access to a puter with motohelper drivers. Is it possible to sideload. 211 from. 75 without a puter?

Nope. You must fastboot the 6.12.181 system and preinstall partitions.

#38 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Can i go from Eclipse 1.3 to ICS with this using option 1 or do i have to use the older one to fastboot back to a clean .181?

#39 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Matt, great to hear about non-wipe of internal sd! btw, how long should 1.7 take to bring me fm rooted Eclipse'd gb to 211? & will the install of ics bootstrap create a new storage sub-directory for nand backups, that'll require me to evacuate any old nands, or will they go into a diff dir? I would imagine it would be 'brick city' if an old, gb based backup were restored on to 211 !!! all the best, SpyderMan

As long as it takes to flash the files to your phone, then upgrade to 211. The ICS Bootstrap I am not familiar of(I use Safestrap) but I'd recommend not restoring any of them on 211 anyway.

Can i go from Eclipse 1.3 to ICS with this using option 1 or do i have to use the older one to fastboot back to a clean .181?

Option 1 will work for you.

#40 diasas

diasas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hey guys,
Little bit of help here. I am trying to root my 211 install of ICS. using the updated utility. I have usb debugging selected and media device selected. When I run option 3 I get daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon. then it retries gives link failed file exists, and reboots my phone, the nest error is rm failed for /data/local/local.prop. premission denied, then adb server didn't ack. Any ideas on this, Thank you for the helpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users