1010 replies to this topic

#961 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Writer

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note II (primary); Droid RAZR (spare)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

SO I BEEN TRYING TO UNROOT AND RE-ROOT MY RAZR SINCE I BEEN HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH IT SO I END UP RESTORING IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS, WHEN IT CAME BACK ON I HAD NO ROOT , I BEEN TRYING A MILLION TIMES TO UNROOT AND RE-ROOT BUT NOT SURE HOW, I THINK IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THIS IS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD,
-GET THE UPDATE TO SD CARD
-THEN GO IN TO RECOVERY MODE
-WIPE CACHE
-INSTALL UPDATE FROM SD CARD?
-AND I'M NOT SURE WHATS NEXT ..........PLZ SOME HELP MATTLGROFF

What are you on? ICS or GB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Galaxy Note II by Samsung | VRAMC3 | Android 4.1.2 [CURRENT]

DROID Razr by Motorola | 98.72.16 | Android 4.1.2 |

#962 migo2805

migo2805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCovington,LA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

I rooted my RAZR and it worked perfect. Then one day I could not down from play store, I tyred every factory reset nothing worked. So I used the utility I did a I used #1, and it worked. This the problem I'm sending it back to Verizon. Then I noticed I still had my custom animation when i tried to reroot I am now stuck in BOOTLOADER, with low battery And I don't know how to get enough of a charge to get a fix PLEASE HELP....

#963 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#964 berrywright

berrywright

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

it wont let me install anything from utility 1.7, anyone have some adivce?

#965 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 602 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

A bit more info would help.
Posted Image

#966 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello everyone! I need a little help, I've been trying to get this ICS update to push through on my Droid Razr for a week and I've had no luck. I have read all the post and clearly understand what I need and thats Matt Utility 1.7, however everytime I click on the link, its not pulling up. So can anyone please provide me a working link to Matts Utiliity it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The reason you can't OTA is more likely than not, something on your're phone isn't stock. Easiest way to OTA is use version 1.6 of Matt's utility, select option 1, then after you've reflashed .181, you'll be able to OTA correctly.

If you don't want to OTA, then either use version 1.81 of Matt's Utility or RSD Lite and the 180 sbf file.

#967 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Also, the current version of the utility is 1.81. I would check out that, instead of using 1.7. Just as with any program, Matt updates his utility. When a new update comes out, unless you need to use the older version, I would recommend using the current version.

#968 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 602 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

1.7 is for ppl coming from GB . 1.81 will not work if you're on GB

EDIT: I tried both links to utility and they are working.
Posted Image

#969 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

The reason you can't OTA is more likely than not, something on your're phone isn't stock. Easiest way to OTA is use version 1.6 of Matt's utility, select option 1, then after you've reflashed .181, you'll be able to OTA correctly.

If you don't want to OTA, then either use version 1.81 of Matt's Utility or RSD Lite and the 180 sbf file.

The first mirror is not working, but the original location and the second mirror both work, as does the blur zip file. All of those links are in post #1 of this thread.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#970 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

1.7 is for ppl coming from GB . 1.81 will not work if you're on GB

EDIT: I tried both links to utility and they are working.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. RSD Lite would work then with the 180 sbf file

#971 rdefino

rdefino

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Now I'm on this build of ICS, loaded it from the 1.7 utility. But I've been having problems with sparatic reboots, hangs. So I tried doing a few factory resets and still having the issues.

So I'm thinking of just reloading ICS from the utility again.

How would I preform this if I'm already running it. Just trying to make sure I don't brick my phone.

thanks for any advice.

#972 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Now I'm on this build of ICS, loaded it from the 1.7 utility. But I've been having problems with sparatic reboots, hangs. So I tried doing a few factory resets and still having the issues.

So I'm thinking of just reloading ICS from the utility again.

How would I preform this if I'm already running it. Just trying to make sure I don't brick my phone.

thanks for any advice.

If you're on ICS then use option 1 in matts 1.81 utility to go back to total stock

Posted Image

#973 gregjones

gregjones

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Where do I download the OTA .zip file?

#974 Phlocks

Phlocks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:inspac3

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

When i try option 3, (the version im on, OTA 4.0.4 .211) i get stuck on waiting for device. Anyone else have this? If anyone has gotten past it, help please.

#975 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

When i try option 3, (the version im on, OTA 4.0.4 .211) i get stuck on waiting for device. Anyone else have this? If anyone has gotten past it, help please.

Use Matts 1.81 utility

Make sure you download the updated drivers, use the original usb cable, usb debugging on, usb connection set to mtp or camera
Posted Image

#976 Phlocks

Phlocks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:inspac3

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Use Matts 1.81 utility

Make sure you download the updated drivers, use the original usb cable, usb debugging on, usb connection set to mtp or camera

Did not work.

#977 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 4,308 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid DNA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Did not work.

Need to turn on usb debugging

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

If my post helped you, please feel free to "LIKE" that sh!t!! Thanks

#978 worm

worm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

My phone recently upgraded to ICS. Will this root my razr maxx? How do I get the wireless tether on my phone? I have verizon wireless unlimited data plan.
Thanks

#979 worm

worm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Also, will rooting wipe all data and apps?

#980 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

My phone recently upgraded to ICS. Will this root my razr maxx? How do I get the wireless tether on my phone? I have verizon wireless unlimited data plan.
Thanks

Also, will rooting wipe all data and apps?

Yes, you should be on Android 4.04, which would be Option 3. However, you might want to just download version 1.81 of this utility so you have the most up to date version.

Rooting will not wipe data/apps.

For future sake, check out the About section on your phone to see what version of the OS you have. You'll want to pay attention to what Android version it is (4.04 in this case) and what name was given to the update. The last few digits are used to signifiy the name usually (.211, .215).

Never be afraid to ask if something is safe before modifying your device because it could cause permanent damage in some cases. Also, welcome to the community. Please try to combine multiple posts like this when doing them immediately back-to-back by using the 'edit' option rather than making a second post. This helps keep the email clutter down for people that have subscribed to the thread, and also keeps the site cleaner.

As I always give the warning, remember that rooting will void some coverage from your warranty as you are modifying your device to be outside the scope of Moto/Verizon's control.

#981 graham513

graham513

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hope I can get some help here. I'm currently on 6.11.748 due to removing some vital bloatware leaving me unable to take OTA updates. Will this help me get back to where I can update? What would the method be exactly? Thanks for any help at all.

#982 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 4,308 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid DNA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

First let me say with a bit tongue in cheek that it is impressive that you are on a software version that is 3 OTA updates ago. Especially considering the length of time it took Moto to get us to ICS.

Anyway... I believe you can just do option 1 on this:

That will take you to the current ota of .211

My only concern is you are still on the old GB bootloader. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. Maybe someone else can chime in here

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

If my post helped you, please feel free to "LIKE" that sh!t!! Thanks

#983 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

First let me say with a bit tongue in cheek that it is impressive that you are on a software version that is 3 OTA updates ago. Especially considering the length of time it took Moto to get us to ICS.

My only concern is you are still on the old GB bootloader. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. Maybe someone else can chime in here

There are utilities going back to that build and before. Search utilities, or I'll try to post the link in an hour when I'm at desk again.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#984 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

This should work. It's the right bootloader/kernel. You will just be upgrading rather than downgrading. I'd suggest once you are stock, you root with voodoo/superuser, and do a temp unroot, then do all upgrades by OTA until you have .211. Then if you still have root (doubtful), you can restore it with voodoo. If not, you can use utility 1.81 to reroot.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/1648-Droid-Razr-Utility-1.51-[Contains-6.12.173-Fastboot-Files]

I'm going to ask Matt to chime in as well. He may have a better solution in his files.

#985 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

All right, you should be good to go. Please read through the OP, and if something doesn't make sense, post for help with a description/questions. I think best place to post, however, is the 1.7 help thread, as more support people lurk there and so you'll likely get an answer faster, and it's the right thread for posting for help. But if you post here, there are also experienced people who will help you out.

Thanks.

#986 closrhyme187k

closrhyme187k

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

im a newbie so if my question is dumb i appologies in advance
i have a droid razor already on .211 (on verizon idk if it makes a diffrence or not) do i just use option 4
or do i have to flash or prep n e thing first b4 rooting

#987 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

im a newbie so if my question is dumb i appologies in advance
i have a droid razor already on .211 (on verizon idk if it makes a diffrence or not) do i just use option 4
or do i have to flash or prep n e thing first b4 rooting

,211 is 4.0.4 so you're going to want to use option 3. The only prep needed is putting your phone in USB debugging and whatever it else it tells you to do.

#988 ChuckzDroid

ChuckzDroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Droid Razr Utility 1.7

I mean for this utility to be used by those who are on Gingerbread and want to go to Ice Cream Sandwich (6.16.211), and for those who are on Ice Cream Sandwich and want an easier unbricking tool and rooting tool that includes ICS versions of Bootstrap, Safestrap, and the beloved OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo.

Rooting worked like a charm on my OTA ICS 4.04 upgraded RAZR XT910 (Asian GSM version). Couldn't be happier, Matti! ANOTHER great utility. I love ICS, but I really missed root! THANKS!

#989 Stripe

Stripe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

None of the links or mirrors work.

#990 magrazor

magrazor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChina Grove N.C.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

For assistance see the help thread:

Thanks W0017roid for the video!

I do not want anyone stuck with this. Please please please, put the 6.16.211 update zip on your external SD card before doing ANYTHING!

If you do an option and end up in a semi-bricked state awaiting install and you don't have the update on your external SD card you aren't gonna have a good time.

It will NOT magically appear there by itself.

Droid Razr Utility 1.7

I mean for this utility to be used by those who are on Gingerbread and want to go to Ice Cream Sandwich (6.16.211), and for those who are on Ice Cream Sandwich and want an easier unbricking tool and rooting tool that includes ICS versions of Bootstrap, Safestrap, and the beloved OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo.

Functions of 1.7:

Posted Image

1. Self explanatory, hopefully. Fail-proof. (Just need you to put 6.16.211 update on your SD card!)

2. Implementation of my Unstuck Utilities into one simple function.

3. Dan Rosenberg's new ICS 4.0.4 Root method.

4. My implementations of TPSparky's 4.0.3 root method. You can use option 8 to use this root method, and option 9 after (if you choose).

5. Self explanatory.

6. Self explanatory.

7. Self explanatory.

8. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).

9. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).

Downloads:

• Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(md5:
    79A1EE4A992EACD1D08F98DEE5DEEBF7)
  • Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(md5: 40DC068DC4B0DFBA12C96A7D18C267E5)
  • Droid Razr Utility 1.7 Mirrors:

----------------------

If anyone is feeling generous and wants to buy me a "beer" then click the spinning batarang below. Thanks and enjoy the utility!

The "

" does not work, help please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users