wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

I have followed the directions in this thread over and over and this is all I get. Any suggestions?? Thanks..

What OS you coming from .181(GingerBread) or an ICS leak and what leak? Always try to give more info so ppl in here can help.

#642 MeridianSun

MeridianSun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

What OS you coming from .181(GingerBread) or an ICS leak and what leak? Always try to more info so ppl in here can help.

I'm on .181 rooted.

#643 mattp427

mattp427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

I can't get it to root my device, it says waiting on device and it does nothing.

#644 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

I can't get it to root my device, it says waiting on device and it does nothing.

Not sure what you have tried but debugging needs to be turned on and phone needs to be in anything other than USB mass storage mode. Also wouldn't hurt to redownload the drivers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#645 R3DBAND

R3DBAND

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Does my razr need to be rooted for option 1? I ask because every time I try it, it doesn't do anything. Im in AP fastboot mode, my razr is plugged in to a usb 2.0 port and I just got a new stock razr(because I messed up rda990's method from droidforums) but when i press enter it just says "the system cannot find the path specified" and the usual press any key when screen turns back on. Any suggestions? if not i'll just wait till the update is pushed to my phone :(

#646 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Does my razr need to be rooted for option 1? I ask because every time I try it, it doesn't do anything. Im in AP fastboot mode, my razr is plugged in to a usb 2.0 port and I just got a new stock razr(because I messed up rda990's method from droidforums) but when i press enter it just says "the system cannot find the path specified" and the usual press any key when screen turns back on. Any suggestions? if not i'll just wait till the update is pushed to my phone :(

You moved the utility files around on your pc. Do you have the full zip still. Delete the other files and reopen the zip on your desktop again. Should work then

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#647 R3DBAND

R3DBAND

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

You moved the utility files around on your pc. Do you have the full zip still. Delete the other files and reopen the zip on your desktop again. Should work then

I never moved the files around but i do have the original droid utility and droid utility 1.6 should i delete those?

#648 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I never moved the files around but i do have the original droid utility and droid utility 1.6 should i delete those?

Hmmm... You can delete those but do you have the 1.7 zip so you can re-unzip it and try it again? Sometimes people need to put it on the root of their C:drive but it's always worked fine for me from the desktop.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#649 R3DBAND

R3DBAND

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hmmm... You can delete those but do you have the 1.7 zip so you can re-unzip it and try it again? Sometimes people need to put it on the root of their C:drive but it's always worked fine for me from the desktop.

I'll try putting it on my c drive because its already unzipped on my desktop

#650 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

thanks Matt, razr now on ics. beer sent

#651 revscott

revscott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAntigo, WI

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

First of all Thank you to every member of the community that had a hand in putting together this site and to it's members for all your help! It has been fun learning more about this Razr!
Second of all thanks to mattlgroff for the thread and software! Your skillz are so impressive and your contributions to Android development are very appreciated! Thank You! -Scott
There is no cake!

#652 R3DBAND

R3DBAND

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Got it to work, i just needed to redownload everythng, thanks so much matt!
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#653 jwallace8690

jwallace8690

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

i have tried downloading razr utility 1.7 numerous times and never get past 50%

#654 HartDroid

HartDroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

does this version of ics have all of the camera fixes and data drop fixes? dont want to install if it is going to lose data everytime i go out of town.

#655 c_live_lee

c_live_lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Twitter:c_live_lee
  • Google+:116609432208837778358
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

does this version of ics have all of the camera fixes and data drop fixes? dont want to install if it is going to lose data everytime i go out of town.

To the best of my knowledge, the issues to which you refer, are AOSP ROM issues (MIUI, CM9, AOKP based). These should not be a problem for you on a stock Blur-based rom.

Edit: Side note... Even if I'm dead wrong, Big Red wouldnt let Moto turn out a update in which those two things were an issue, methinks. ;)

Posted Image

#656 lexran86

lexran86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hello! I have the European leak.
System version: 672.180.17.XT910.Retail.en.eu
Build number: 6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-5

Can I use this to go to the official update?

#657 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

No this is Verizon only.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#658 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

No, this is for CDMA Verizon RAZRs only, sorry!

#659 Rad

Rad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Latest ICS installed AND rooted right away, thanks to you Matt and Dan. The utility is amazing and very user friendly. Thank you for the video - that video is really key to helping people follow the instructions.

Batman > *

If anyone had trouble, I recommend having a large tub of cheese balls at hand whilst performing the install. +Liked on FB and Thread.

#660 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

Latest ICS installed AND rooted right away, thanks to you Matt and Dan. The utility is amazing and very user friendly. Thank you for the video - that video is really key to helping people follow the instructions.

Batman > *

If anyone had trouble, I recommend having a large tub of cheese balls at hand whilst performing the install. +Liked on FB and Thread.

I did this today too. No issues at all, running rooted ics now an loving it. Thanks Matt an Dan. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long..Also big thanks for the video, it was very helpful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users