this means no modified recovery (bootstrap/safestrap) can be installed and you must have Full Bloat in-tact or the update will not take during installation. .. This is Non-Fastbootable back to Gingerbread!!!!!!!!
USE DROID RAZR UTILITY 1.6 (option 1) -::
- extract the files folder and the .bat file to your desktop of your PC
- open the .bat file; utility 1.6 command prompt window will open, hit enter and select: OPTION 1 (this will take 8-12minutes)
- when option 1 completes, your phone will unpackage and begin installing a fresh copy of .181, after Device Setup is complete... its time to root your phone!
- re-open the .bat file; hit enter and select: OPTION 2 (this will root your phone with Motofail, takes 2 minutes to complete)
DOWNLOAD & INSTALL FROM GOOGLE PLAY
- ROM MANAGER FREE
- ES FILE EXPLORER
- OTA ROOTKEEPER
- Once you have these files on your Stock RAZR running android (6.12.181), rooted (motofail). ..
- open rom manager free, hit OK, now press the home button.
- open es file explorer, press YES, press menu, open settings, scroll down to and Enable the following options
- Up to Root (path settings)
- Root Explorer (root settings)
- Mount File System (root settings)
- open ota rootkeeper, allow SU, and Protect SU
DOWNLOAD THE 211 UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone)
once this file has been moved into your /cache directory, and you have checked the MD5 to ensure a non-corrupt download, you may proceed!
Quick check list:::::
1) Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US is your phones /cache directory with a matching MD5!!
2) Opened OTA rootkeeper and protected SU!
open ES FILE EXPLORER, locate your /cache directory and then select the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(now choose Open With ROM MANAGER)
phone will restart, and begin installation of the 6.16.211 (takes 10-15minutes)
phone restarts, boot animation begins, Android is upgrading :: Profit success!! Celebrate!!!
open OTA ROOTKEEPER, and restore SU. If the option is not available, no worries as you can still root with this
(Just download the ZIP file, extract it to your desktop. Open it up and click the windows or linux version)
If you found this helpful