#201 themagicm

themagicm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

This seems to be the best fix :)

Thank you very much for your excellent work. Sorry about the insult..didnt intend it to sound like that.

#202 BOSS__DAWG

BOSS__DAWG

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:BOSS__DAWG

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I had the same problem...so I did a factory reset and it worked.

+++++ Factory reset also worked for me

#203 bacon225

bacon225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Today my phone started acting up so I thought i would start off fresh again.
I tried to re flash this and now I am getting installation failed and just hangs on the M logo when I try to restore.
Please help me out of this miss i got my self into.

#204 bacon225

bacon225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

After trying everything i could read and find through the different forums.
I finally got option 2 to take after about 5 0r 6 trys
I have a phone back

#205 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I thought it was impossible to go back to GB after ICS.

It is. If they were able to flash back, then they were either on GB still or on an ICS leak before .8x

#206 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Help!

I've tried using 1.7. My phone gets stuck every time at updating LTE...
assert failed: motorola.motoflash ("tmp.lte.img)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I've wiped all caches etc. I'm stuck.

#207 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

ok i need some help. when i press #3 to root and click ok for debugging being on. it just stayes at waiting for device.
i installed the Motorola 64 bit drivers on the computer. it in mtp mode with ap flash on and the debugging mode on. when my device is plugged in it says mot single adb interface on the computer. i wiped the device.
windows 7 machine.

#208 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

ok i need some help. when i press #3 to root and click ok for debugging being on. it just stayes at waiting for device.
i installed the Motorola 64 bit drivers on the computer. it in mtp mode with ap flash on and the debugging mode on. when my device is plugged in it says mot single adb interface on the computer. i wiped the device.
windows 7 machine.

Try taking the unextracted zip file for the utility and put it on your C: drive, use WinRAR to extract there.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#209 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

windows 7 machine.

boot into moto recovery and do a complete factory reset and try again

#210 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

boot into moto recovery and do a complete factory reset and try again

how do i get her in moto recovery and rest her.
i ran #2 and that ran just fine but #3 wont work just say waiting for device.

#211 olegausany

olegausany

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

how do i get her in moto recovery and rest her.
i ran #2 and that ran just fine but #3 wont work just say waiting for device.

1. Turn off phone
2. Press and hold both Vol+ and Vol- and than press and hold Power intil you see Bootloader menu with Normal Boot already highlighted
3. Use Vol- to highlight Recovery and use Vol+ to selecty
4. Wait for a screen with droid on his back and triangle with exclamation sign
5. Press both Vol+ and Vol- an recovery meny will appear
6. Use Vol- to highlight wipe data/factory reset and use Power to select it and wait until it completes
7. Do same thing but select wipe cache this time
8. Rebot phone now

#212 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

maybe #2 did not fix it. now my phone wont go past the duel screen.

#213 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

how do i fix my phone. i try going to the recovery menu and clicking on recovery, then both vol buttons when the guy with the red thing on hit chest. and going down to the update from sd but i don't know what file to click on there is a lot in the 211 file.

#214 olegausany

olegausany

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

how do i fix my phone. i try going to the recovery menu and clicking on recovery, then both vol buttons when the guy with the red thing on hit chest. and going down to the update from sd but i don't know what file to click on there is a lot in the 211 file.

You need to select zip file you copied to SD card not some file inside it

#215 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Try taking the unextracted zip file for the utility and put it on your C: drive, use WinRAR to extract there.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

do not extract the .211 fastboot file! this has been made clear in numerous posts, including the OP. If you extract the files from the .211 zip file, your update will fail, and then you'll be back here posting (like a lot of users already have done) trying to figure out what you did wrong. Take the time to read the OP (and other posts if you still don't understand fully) before modding your phone; there are directions there for a reason. The dev (matt) didn't put them there for decoration, didn't put them there to waste your time, and didn't put them there for people not to read. If half the users that have simple problems actually took the time to read OP and follow the directions, they wouldn't be having the problems they're having.

Quit selling yourselves short people... you're obviously intelligent individuals, so quit selling yourselves short and educate yourselves.

#216 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

do not extract the .211 fastboot file! this has been made clear in numerous posts, including the OP. If you extract the files from the .211 zip file, your update will fail, and then you'll be back here posting (like a lot of users already have done) trying to figure out what you did wrong. Take the time to read the OP (and other posts if you still don't understand fully) before modding your phone; there are directions there for a reason. The dev (matt) didn't put them there for decoration, didn't put them there to waste your time, and didn't put them there for people not to read. If half the users that have simple problems actually took the time to read OP and follow the directions, they wouldn't be having the problems they're having.

Quit selling yourselves short people... you're obviously intelligent individuals, so quit selling yourselves short and educate yourselves.

Ummm I was talking about the Utility in my post, which you clearly quoted so.......lol talk about needing to read haha.
  • lpulle likes this

#217 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

thanks any idea why i still cant root i have rest and clear cache.

windows 7 machine.

#218 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Ummm I was talking about the Utility in my post, which you clearly quoted so.......lol talk about needing to read haha.

I totally apologize, when I read your post and you said "try taking the unextracted zip file for the utility", I thought you were referring to the fb file for the utility. So many people have posted that they can't get the update to work right, and while listing the steps they took, they list that they extracted the fb zip file... and I misconstrued your post from the way it written. My bad :/

#219 bacon225

bacon225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Ok my phone is back working great. Now i want to be able to keep it this way. I have the zjp on my ext sd card. I am going to root now and instal SS. If my phone goes stupid on me again. Can i use safe strap to install that zip and just start over on square one. I know this is a nood question because i am.

#220 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:alexmyers83

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

• currently on v181 on razr (GB)...do in need to flash one of the boot.img's from 6 or 7 before I run step 1 (fastboot restore) on matts new utility? (v1.8)

• Will give thanks to anyone who can assist!

• eventually i had the android with the blue progress in the belly...must be good news---but then when the phone reboots---it just gets to the motorola dual core screen and goes nowhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users