314 replies to this topic

#41 roblooksmad

roblooksmad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wow great video. everyone don't forget to hit the like buttons! Thanks for this video. :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • mattlgroff and W0017roid like this

#42 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey, i rooted my OTA .211 with the 1.7 utility (Very nice, thank you) but i didn't change the mass storage USB setting.. it rooted anyways and I haven't noticed any bugs. Did I get lucky or did it probably mess something up?

It's a precaution from Dan Rosenberg, so I keep it in there.
  • jbt1987 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#43 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Anyone still around? Lol Finally decided to do this. I'm on rooted stock with safestrap...stock 181.. that is. Just making sure my steps are correct. Open utility 1.7 get to Fastboot and hit option one and follow prompts. I already dl the file and is on my ext SD. Just after hitting option one I let it run and when its finished go to stock recovery and wipe the data and cache and wipe again a couple times data and cache..then apply update on ext SD..I should be good?

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#44 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Anyone still around? Lol Finally decided to do this. I'm on rooted stock with safestrap...stock 181.. that is. Just making sure my steps are correct. Open utility 1.7 get to Fastboot and hit option one and follow prompts. I already dl the file and is on my ext SD. Just after hitting option one I let it run and when its finished go to stock recovery and wipe the data and cache and wipe again a couple times data and cache..then apply update on ext SD..I should be good? Simply Amazing ... Essentially Stunning, Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:) Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

After option 1 boot normally, It will install a bunch of files from fastboot.
Then reboot to recovery, wipe cache (data too if you want), then hit install.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#45 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

After option 1 boot normally, It will install a bunch of files from fastboot.
Then reboot to recovery, wipe cache (data too if you want), then hit install.

so.. I will just turn off phone..
Then bring phone to AP Fastboot
Then run option one. Follow prompts. Now after this your saying let the phone boot into what I'm assuming is basically a fresh GB? Then power off, wipe data cache a bit in stock recovery and root isn't a must at this point. And one last thing, this will hopefully nuke the safestrap right? Lol thanks brother. Though I'm no newbie I am cautious when i try a new technique. Lol your work and time is much appreciated ...peace..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#46 TheG0VERNAT0R

TheG0VERNAT0R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912, Google Nexus 4

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to unroot if i root .211? Havent rooted yet. I just kinda need the comfort of knowing i can if i need to send the phone back under warranty.

#47 TheG0VERNAT0R

TheG0VERNAT0R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912, Google Nexus 4

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

It was as simple as SBFing a droid x or x2... but I'm lost when it comes to the razr.

#48 64DAVILLE

64DAVILLE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

I put the file on my sd card but left it in the folder now i'm stuck on the part where i'm suppose to install it. the options i have after hitting blur_verizon...... are

../
meta-inf
patch/
preinstall/
recovery
system

#49 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to unroot if i root .211? Havent rooted yet. I just kinda need the comfort of knowing i can if i need to send the phone back under warranty.

Simply flashing to a stock ROM will cause you to lose root. You can't send them a phone with a custom ROM on it, so if you wipe data and cache, and then load 211 (even with the ota coming up), you'll lose root and can send the phone back. Simple as that.

I put the file on my sd card but left it in the folder now i'm stuck on the part where i'm suppose to install it. the options i have after hitting blur_verizon...... are &#46;&#46;/ meta-inf patch/ preinstall/ recovery system

Are you opening the file on your phone? The ZIP file is supposed to be a ZIP file, not extracted or anything of that nature. If you're looking at its contents like that in the phone, then you need to re-copy the zip onto your SD Card, and then delete whatever you have extracted (if it is in face extracted). If you're looking at its contents on your computer, DONT extract it, simply copy the ZIP file as a whole to your external SD Card, and then follow Matt's Utility 1.7

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#50 joshuak3nt

joshuak3nt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hello! I have installed the ICS, but now Im needing help with rooting my phone.

I did the following per instructions:
  • Install the included driver for your system (32 or 64) in the Drivers

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

of the zip.
  • Reboot the phone into AP Fastboot mode yourself. (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing AP Fastboot option).
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now :P ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 3 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"
Once i select 3, it just sits there saying waiting for device. I have restarted several times. Changed usb ports. Any other suggestions?

#51 joshuak3nt

joshuak3nt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hello! I have installed the ICS, but now Im needing help with rooting my phone.

I did the following per instructions:

• Install the included driver for your system (32 or 64) in the Drivers

of the zip.
  • Reboot the phone into AP Fastboot mode yourself. (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing AP Fastboot option).
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now :P ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 3 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"
Once i select 3, it just sits there saying waiting for device. I have restarted several times. Changed usb ports. Any other suggestions?

I just answered my own question...by watching the video. I didnt realize that you had to keep the device on. I thought you had to put it in fastboot! Thank you for everyones info on here, as I was able to load ICS and now successfully root my device :)

#52 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Okay, I wanted to get rid of the custom ROM I had, so I used option 2. But then I realized I forgot to put the OTA update on my phone. Now, it reboots, shows the moto logo and then goes black. I've waited and waited and nothing happens.

I can get into stock recovery (after I hold power+vol up+vol down for 10 seconds to hard reset and then power up).

Am I screwed?

UPDATE: Okay. Now I feel REAL stupid! :P

On the chat room (thank goodness for that!) they asked if I had a USB reader for my external SD card. Man, did I feel stupid at that point! So, things are good to go now! Serious egg on my face for that one. I guess in my fit of panic, all thought processes went out the window.

After I had the moment of enlightenment, I copied the 211 OTA onto my external sd card, popped it back into my RAZR and things were good at that point.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#53 TJBrown277

TJBrown277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:BeatsBreaksBust
  • Google+:TJBrown277

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I've tried to manually do the update, then I've tried your utility both with the same results, when I try to do the apply the update, it goes through the motions before coming back with E:signature verification failed. I've tried downloading the file several times, both from my PC and from the phone. Any ideas?

#54 TJBrown277

TJBrown277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:BeatsBreaksBust
  • Google+:TJBrown277

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just occurred to me that I do use encryption, could this cause my issues?

#55 MeridianSun

MeridianSun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I've tried to manually do the update, then I've tried your utility both with the same results, when I try to do the apply the update, it goes through the motions before coming back with E:signature verification failed. I've tried downloading the file several times, both from my PC and from the phone. Any ideas?

I've got the same problem and posted about it in multiple forums and NO ONE responds??? Good Luck, hopefully we can figure something out!!

#56 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I had same error did a factory reset then it loaded fine

#57 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I've got the same problem and posted about it in multiple forums and NO ONE responds??? Good Luck, hopefully we can figure something out!!

I explain what this error is in the OP......

E: File verification failed

• Make sure the MD5 is the same as the one listed in the 1.7 thread and it is 354 MB. (md5: 79A1EE4A992EACD1D08F98DEE5DEEBF7)
  • If this is the same then put it inside a folder on your external SD or on the root if it wasn't before.

Your 6.16.211 update zip is CORRUPTED.
  • TJBrown277 likes this

#58 MeridianSun

MeridianSun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

I explain what this error is in the OP......

Your 6.16.211 update zip is CORRUPTED.

How do you check the MD5 to make sure you've got a legitimate copy? Thanks for your reply!

#59 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

How do you check the MD5 to make sure you've got a legitimate copy? Thanks for your reply!

Install this:

Then right click the file and select properties. There is a place to paste the MD5 and it will check if it's a match

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#60 MeridianSun

MeridianSun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Install this:

Then right click the file and select properties. There is a place to paste the MD5 and it will check if it's a match

This did the trick. Thanks for your help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users