• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks W0017roid for the video!

Utility closes when I press enter at the Batman
  • Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• See the above link. add

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to the end of your PATH.
  • If still these did not fix you and you can open previous utilities like 1.6, just run option 1 in 1.6, then option 3 in my modded 211 unstuck to install ICS recovery.

• After you use function 3 in the modded211 unstuck, reboot into Motorola Recovery (how is listed below), and wipe cache (suggested data too). Then install the 211 update from your external storage. Enjoy.
Path not specified
  • Extract the utility to the desktop. The WHOLE thing. Not just the bat file.
  • Run as admin if that did not fix it.
If it doesn't look like this, you did this wrong and need to extract it correctly.

Posted Image

How to extract, Windows default and 7zip:

Waiting-for-device (device not being found by utility)
  • Install the included driver for your system (32 or 64) in the Drivers folder of the zip.
  • Reboot the phone into AP Fastboot mode yourself. (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing AP Fastboot option).
error: device not found
  • Install the drivers for your system that come included in the utility.
  • Enable USB Debugging. (Settings>Developer Options)
  • Set the phone to MTP Mode. If that doesn't work try the third option (the one not MTP or USB Storage).
Stuck on Motorola Dual Core Screen
  • Force power off the device. (This is done by holding the Power + Volume Down button for about 8 sec)
  • If it keeps rebooting to the Motorola Dual Core Screen, then catch it on reboot and go to AP Fastboot mode (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing AP Fastboot option). Then you can attempt to restore GB by running option 1.
E: File verification failed
  • Make sure the MD5 is the same as the one listed in the 1.7 thread and it is 354 MB. (md5: 79A1EE4A992EACD1D08F98DEE5DEEBF7)
  • If this is the same then put it inside a folder on your external SD or on the root if it wasn't before.
In AP Fastboot Mode: Battery: Low:
  • See this thread by Majormer on the topic:

Assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7):
  • Do option 1, assuming you are on ICS 6.14.79 or below (any GB version)
  • Reboot INTO Gingerbread 6.12.181, to make sure everything worked.
  • Reboot into Motorola Recovery. (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing recovery option, and press both volume buttons when the dead android pops up).
  • Choose the wipe cache option.
  • Install update from external storage (Blur_6.12.181_blah.zip aka the 211 update).
Assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "data", "/userdata") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7):
  • Wipe data. Try again after a reboot. (This is done by choosing the Wipe Data/ Factory Reset option in Recovery)
Things to try on Status 0:
  • If it is the boot.img error, then restart the option for your proper version. For 6.14.79 and below (including all GB) do option 1, for 6.14.84 and above, choose option 2.
  • If the Status 0 error is right away it is usually on the option 1 folks, make sure you actually completed the option 1, depending on what you used. This error is generally from the recovery being GB recovery. Option 1 flashes the necessary 6.12.181 files, and then the ICS recovery, so if the recovery is not a fallen over android, fix it!
I see a dead android with his chest open and a red "!" what do I do!?!?!?!?
  • Press both volume buttons.
How do I root 6.16.211 once I installed it?
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now droidrzr.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 3 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"

• Odiej34, quadjacks, y0brando and 20 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Thanks Matt.

#3 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

matt i cant get pass this, i follow everything uptop over and over, i wiped serveral times

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

matt i cant get pass this, i follow everything uptop over and over, i wiped serveral times

I need more info. What step were you on?

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#5 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

sorry im at ("ext3", "MTD", "data", "/userdata") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7

#6 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

sorry im at ("ext3", "MTD", "data", "/userdata") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7

My thread says to wipe data and try again.

#7 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I had same issue did factory wipe then reboot to red dual core logo vol- vol+ and power back to recovery ran again went all the way thru. I think the key is the reboot
  • mattlgroff likes this

#8 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

My thread says to wipe data and try again.

I did. I dont know whats wrong. I wipe cach and data/factory reset. ...ive even downloaded the file over again and tried to update from motos recovery again.

#9 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks "doggy" ive rebooted and let the phone come all the way back up....till the set up screen. Still the same outcome though...

#10 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Matt ive used the previous utilities ...never had a problem ...everything normally works for me.

#11 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

My current version is 6.12.173. Is that my problem?

#12 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks "doggy" ive rebooted and let the phone come all the way back up....till the set up screen. Still the same outcome though...

You might want to consider running the option 1 again, letting it boot all the way to GB, reboot to recovery, wipe data/cache, then install.

My current version is 6.12.173. Is that my problem?

Yes that is a huge problem.

#13 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

You might want to consider running the option 1 again, letting it boot all the way to GB, reboot to recovery, wipe data/cache, then install.

Yes that is a huge problem.

Thanks...what should i do since i have that version?

#14 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Thanks...what should i do since i have that version?

I would find the .173 upgrade file and side load it first then run the .211 Upgrade. But I will differ to Batman as compared to him I'm the ninja guy in the direct TV commercials
  • kingkongsmith likes this

#15 kingkongsmith

kingkongsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thanks. Will try that now. Thanks ninja guy lol

#16 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm having a problem with the Utulity . Earlier I tried to sideload the update to my phone. I tried several times. Once I got status 0 and another time I got status 7 error codes. So someone suggested I try the Utility. So I read up on it a little a gave it a go and got the path not specified message on the utility. I have the drivers installed and I'm running version 1.7 . Could someone please help me out? Thanks

#17 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm having a problem with the Utulity . Earlier I tried to sideload the update to my phone. I tried several times. Once I got status 0 and another time I got status 7 error codes. So someone suggested I try the Utility. So I read up on it a little a gave it a go and got the path not specified message on the utility. I have the drivers installed and I'm running version 1.7 . Could someone please help me out? Thanks

I just added a new picture to help out with this.

Re-read the instructions for that matter in the OP and see this is what it is supposed to look like:
Posted Image

#18 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

So I extract it in the document area?

Did the extraction to destination you posted and Utility working now. Thanks Matt!

Got the status 7 error. So I did a data wipe/factory reset per instructions above. Waiting to see if it works this time.

It resulted in status 0 , gggrrrrrrrrr.....

Edited by Toxicwolf, 24 June 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#19 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Desktop is suggested, but that is where I keep mine. Downloads folder also works.

#20 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

good god.....just unzip the file. it shouldn't matter where it is (desktop, C:, wherever). you have to unzip a zip file.....
maybe read this first?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users