surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8680

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Good news guys, got some free time im working on a 4.3 "jelly bean" version using the AOSP source code. Ill make sure to include my own slider code in a seprete zip file so u can use CWM to flash it to the current rom provided here if u wish not to upgrade over possible performance issues.

could you make a rom for u8680 also?

#82 rygy

rygy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

How did you flash the default firmware? Was it an update.zip or a zip file with update.app in it?
Make sure:
You need to have the boot.img provided in this thread with date modified: 2013, recovery.img provided in this thread with date modified: 2013, original EMMCBOOT.MBN with date modified: 1990, and original amss.mbn with date modified: 1990. Name the cwm recovery file in the first post of this thread "recovery.img" and the boot.img "boot.img". Move the originals somewhere else and put the new recovery.img and boot.img in the folder. Unplug the battery and boot pressing power and up volume and you should be in cwm.
Boot into cwm; Install update.zip; reboot
If this doesn't work you might try: getting the factory image folder for the original EMMCBOOT.MBN and amss.mbn from someone; Remove or put back cust.img; re-download files; retry if cwm crashed during the update
It worked on u8680 for me after installing via cwm SUPERSU but it may not be compatible with your device: http://forum.xda-dev...16&d=1379363594

I downloaded three files from the first post here: the zip file, boot.img and recovery.img.

I've replaced the default recovery and boot images with the ones I downloaded from the links provided in the first post of this first post of this thread in my image folder, then delete the cust image.

I put the zip onto sd card, then booted into cwm and cleared hwusrdata, factory reset, clear cache and davlik. Then I rebooted and installed the zip from my sdcard.

After doing those steps I reboot, and my mytouch q seems to just sit at the opening "android' screen.

Is there an updat.app file I can try instead??

#83 rygy

rygy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Also, to reset back to factory default, I used an update.app file provided from another post here

#84 jawshii

jawshii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hi all,

i have flashed my U8730 (MyTouch Q) with the rom of U8681 and it boot,the phone works better on ICS

what's working almost everything and it's rooted

the device boot in landscape mode instead of portrait mode with hardware keyboard closed.

i have some problem with rotation sensor,need hardware keyboard to be open all time to have auto rotation work

how to fix that? maybe kernel issue. If someone can debug it...

How to install the rom:

->download the rom zip http://www.mediafire...3u1/hwu8681.zip

->put it on sdcard

->download cwm recovery http://www.mediafire...c2/recovery.img

-> download boot.img http://www.mediafire...kqindf/boot.img

->put them in image folder into pink screen and delete cust.img

->pull out the battery and replace it

->boot in cwm pressing volume up + power

->wipe all: factory reset, format system, format HWuserdata, and format dalvik cache also.

->reboot device into cwm recovery

->mount system

->flash the rom zip

->reboot system and wait

PS: many thanks to IRX102 for provide me the update.app

i post some screen

Trying to figure out what these instructions mean, especially the part that says ->put them in image folder into pink screen and delete cust.img - I don't get it!

#85 bangeko

bangeko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Trying to figure out what these instructions mean, especially the part that says ->put them in image folder into pink screen and delete cust.img - I don't get it!

Huawei "Pink Screen Mode" aka Download Mode, on this mode your whole screen color is pink.

To get to pink screen mode for U8680, push "volume up" + "volume down" and "power".

When your phone on this mode and you connect it to PC there will be a folder named "image".

On that folder you will see "*.img" files.

To exit this pink screen mode you have to disconnect from PC and pull the battery.

Hope you can get it because my English is bad.

#86 Zaccthemacc

Zaccthemacc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn
  • Current Device(s):u8680

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Can Anybody Make a Jellybean For U8680 / U8730 . This WIll Be So Awesome, I think RockinLoud Is making a rom for it If You are thanks 

#87 branzy1

branzy1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationghana
  • Current Device(s):huawei u8730

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

guy i have been having problems after installing the ICS rom  ,3 days today  when ever i try charging the phone  it becomes very hot and it drains the battery quickly  as if some program is running at the background so i re-instored   the rom agin but still . i will be grateful when some one helps .thanks  

#88 rewind

rewind

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Awesome job. I just did this to my phone and it work for the most part. The auto-rotate is still funky but doable.Need to play around with the phone little more but so worth it.. I was wondering if anyone has got 4G signal on t mobile phone. Mine just says 3G...? 

#89 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have u8680 and it doesn't say the right connection type so you probably do have 4G. I think the "4G" they give you is actually 3G or 3.5G.

#90 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

on my status bar it gives me the letter H and sometimes 3g depending upon where im at. i checked in status and it says network type is hspa:11. i got tmobile and am in los angeles. oh and i have the u8730.

#91 rewind

rewind

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks.. Just downloaded Ultimate Rotation Control app and that helps to manually put the phone to portrait. IMO the rom works better in portrait, you can see the apps on the screen better and you cans ee apps better in the  home screen ( apps where on top of each other or in the home screen the letters we getting cut off on the bottom)....You can even put to reverse portrait which helps the camera app...No battery issues yet....

#92 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Mine says H a lot too.

#93 renlee

renlee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

got an odd problem that I haven't seen on here. Not related to rom itself, but CWM isn't picking up the power button key so I cant select anything to be done. I can use volume keys to go up and down but without power button being picked up, I can't select anything. Anyone have a solution?

edit: more info, the power button picks up when I'm on stock recovery so I'm not sure what it is with CWM

edit: sorry I didn't realize I need to use camera button :D

update: I got CWM and got the zip installed. But it sits at the silver android loading screen. Been there for about 30 minutes, should it take this long or did I forget a step?

forgot to mention, I'm using U8680

edit! Success, i have no idea how though, it did the random 2 second loop boot thing to me as well. but it got there

edit: here's my somewhat contribution to this project. I tested the google now zip over from xda, and it works :D

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1747224 I'm using the M7 offline/online version if it makes a difference

• Zaccthemacc likes this

#94 renlee

renlee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm on ICS and I miss fmradio :-\

here's the apk for it that I took off stock rom.

https://db.tt/POxufJ5K

• bangeko likes this

#95 rewind

rewind

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

By any chance does any one have the  t-mobile app that does voice calls over wifi ?I really miss that

#96 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

U8680 Is Hanging up during calls, and numbers are coming up like 11111 or 55555 when on a call, as if I'm Face dialing. Anyone else with this issue? All I have done is root the phone and Custom Recovery img.

Any help?

#97 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Flashed the hwu8681.zip to my U8680 and am stuck on "android" boot screen that comes up after t-mobile screen. Any help? 

The only thing I can't do is format the system... Not sure if this has anything to do with it.... Anyone have the U8680 Stock ROM?

Wont restore my backup file either. MD5 mismatch. Dam it! 

#98 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

YEAH!!!!!!! :D  :D :D My phone is working perfectly under Android 4. Thank you magikstar29.

! The first thing I did differently than when it didn't work was replace all of the default files in "image" folder in download mode (see the top post on http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=44380191) for them. Maybe I needed cust.img. Another possible contribution to making this work was flashing the SuperSU zip from the bottom post on the same page from cwm. After I tried flashing the rom of U8681 again, it started blinking the boot screen every 2 seconds in a loop. So, I put the U8681 boot.img into phone in download mode (I had switched out the boot.img from both phones to see if that would help before). And when completing some other troubleshooting change, the phone randomly booted into Android 4 when I least expected it to.  :blink:

It works perfectly and MUCH better than stock.

How did you get this to work on your U8680? I have tried 20 times to no avail. Anything in particular that you did? 

#99 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi all,

i have flashed my U8730 (MyTouch Q) with the rom of U8681 and it boot,the phone works better on ICS

what's working almost everything and it's rooted

the device boot in landscape mode instead of portrait mode with hardware keyboard closed.

i have some problem with rotation sensor,need hardware keyboard to be open all time to have auto rotation work

how to fix that? maybe kernel issue. If someone can debug it...

How to install the rom:

->download the rom zip http://www.mediafire...3u1/hwu8681.zip

->put it on sdcard

->download cwm recovery http://www.mediafire...c2/recovery.img

-> download boot.img http://www.mediafire...kqindf/boot.img

->put them in image folder into pink screen and delete cust.img

->pull out the battery and replace it

->boot in cwm pressing volume up + power

->wipe all: factory reset, format system, format HWuserdata, and format dalvik cache also.

->reboot device into cwm recovery

->mount system

->flash the rom zip

->reboot system and wait

PS: many thanks to IRX102 for provide me the update.app

i post some screen

It seems as though CWM is writing the hwu8681.zip file much too fast, it cant be getting it all...... Any Help on getting this written to the U8680 or getting the 8680 back to stock?

#100 bangeko

bangeko

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

It seems as though CWM is writing the hwu8681.zip file much too fast, it cant be getting it all...... Any Help on getting this written to the U8680 or getting the 8680 back to stock?

Did you mount system on CWM before execute install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users