162 replies to this topic

#101 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Did you mount system on CWM before execute install?

No.... Do this in mounts and storage? After the Wipes, before the install?

Trying that now... Taking a lot longer to install afte mounting sysyem.... Install complete, Auto rebooted to Android Boot screen then CWM again..... rebooting now...... Hell Feckin Yes!!!! Success! It worked! Now I need to write this up for others so it works for them..... I need to remember the exact steps. My U8680 is now a U8681 With no Bloatware! 

#102 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

ok recap for me.....

I believe the key for me was getting a complete wipe of everything, including formatting the system, which I could not get before (wipe all: factory reset, format system, format HWuserdata, and wipe dalvik cache also) then very importantly (so it seemed) mounting the system before executing the install of the hwu8681.zip file.

1. I completely Changed my image folder with theses files 
https://drive.google...WnVNdHZlbkRwWTQ

2. I changed the Recovery img to CWM to the one you linked to above http://www.droidrzr....awei-mytouch-q/

3. I changed the boot img to the one you linked to above http://www.droidrzr....awei-mytouch-q/

4. Then deleted the cust.img file (I have no idea why this is important if it is at all, but it works so I am not going to try to figure it out, but someone knows please tell me why deleting this is important)
5. Booted the phone into recovery mode (CWM)

6. Wiped everything: factory reset, format system, format HWuserdata, and wipe dalvik cache
7. Then I mounted the system in mounts and storage (which I was not doing before and don't know why this needed to be done, can someone explain why that is needed on this device)
8. Then Flashed the hwu8681.zip file to the device and rebooted. Took a long while to reboot but once it did all was well and the U8680 is now a U8681 

Everything works just fine. Blue tooth, calls, camera, keyboard, so far nothing that I can find that does not work. Much better phone now. And Zero T-Mobile Bloatware! Thank you all! 

For Some reason, on several tries I could not format system, I had to reinstall the CWM Recovery numerous times before I could do this. 

• bigeye135 likes this

#103 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Only Issue I seem to be having so far is that when I take a picture with the phone it will not allow me to attach it on a text and send it, getting this error:

"PICTURE NOT RESIZED"

This picture is too large to send, even when resized

ok

Any help on this one? 

#104 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Only Issue I seem to be having so far is that when I take a picture with the phone it will not allow me to attach it on a text and send it, getting this error:

"PICTURE NOT RESIZED"

This picture is too large to send, even when resized

ok

Any help on this one? 

I have this issue as well, i've got the 8730. in addition, the pictures aren't just upside down, but a mirrored image as well. very hard to take good pictures, but i use it as a phone so it's not that big a deal.

• rekamyenom likes this

#105 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

I have this issue as well, i've got the 8730. in addition, the pictures aren't just upside down, but a mirrored image as well. very hard to take good pictures, but i use it as a phone so it's not that big a deal.

Have you tried a 3rd party SMS? Like SMS Pro? I have not yet but will. My Pics are fine and everything else works well.....

#106 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Have you tried a 3rd party SMS? Like SMS Pro? I have not yet but will. My Pics are fine and everything else works well.....

Bingo! Downloaded Go SMS Pro, and it did the trick...... I can now send pic text, and have 100% functionality withe the U8681 ROM on the U8680.... Try this and let me know if it works for you

#107 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Trying another one right now........

#108 rekamyenom

rekamyenom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Trying another one right now........

...NP, Went Smooth as butter. No Problem.

#109 Zaccthemacc

Zaccthemacc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn
  • Current Device(s):u8680

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

when ever im trying to backup my rom my phone restarts like it is timing out , does anyone has this problem too?

#110 realwx

realwx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Did all the instructions in the original post. My phone is now stuck on the boot screen with the phone restarting every 2 minutes. How do I fix this?

I missed mounting /system, now it works! Thank you magikstar! Now the only problem is the confusion since it displays H even though I'm not in an HSPA zone...

#111 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

im getting super frustrated with this auto rotate and screen continuing to move. how do we go backwards to the lame stock rom? also, any way to fix the capitalization? shift only works on the screen keyboard which annoys me and takes up over half the screen so you cant navigate around anything. just annoyed with this phone and rom. but its partially better than stock. only another week...nexus 5 get here soon.

#112 sarreq

sarreq

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

just installed this on a u8680 and it's working great so far. thanks muchly! sooooooooo........ any chance of getting KitKat on here? B-) Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

#113 fflint

fflint

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Huawei u8730

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

I followed the instructions (thank you magikstar29), and got it to install correctly on my u8730, added the files to support the keyboard (thank you Oneru), added Auto-Rotate Switch to control orientation, and ADW whichhandles the screen better (icons no longer partially off-screen), and it all seems pretty stable.

Things not working right:

- Accelerometer (as mentioned by others, including the OP)

- Backlight for the keyboard

- Phone claims to be a U8681

- Camera app crashes when using front camera

I eagerly await RockinLouds JellyBean ROM

#114 Zaccthemacc

Zaccthemacc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

I followed the instructions (thank you magikstar29), and got it to install correctly on my u8730, added the files to support the keyboard (thank you Oneru), added Auto-Rotate Switch to control orientation, and ADW whichhandles the screen better (icons no longer partially off-screen), and it all seems pretty stable.

Things not working right:

- Accelerometer (as mentioned by others, including the OP)

- Backlight for the keyboard

- Phone claims to be a U8681

- Camera app crashes when using front camera

I eagerly await RockinLouds JellyBean ROM

is he coming out with a jellybean for u8730/u8680/u8681 if so where is the forum post

#115 mderuelle

mderuelle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

i was hoping that someone had a backup of of the huaweii mytouch q im pretty sure its the 8730 my backup wasnt good and i already flashed ics and would like to get back to stock or is there a restore package like i use for my s4 like odin???

#116 Zaccthemacc

Zaccthemacc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

i was hoping that someone had a backup of of the huaweii mytouch q im pretty sure its the 8730 my backup wasnt good and i already flashed ics and would like to get back to stock or is there a restore package like i use for my s4 like odin???

no recovery has issues with backup so i doubt anyone got the hold rom before it timed out

#117 fflint

fflint

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Huawei u8730

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

is he coming out with a jellybean for u8730/u8680/u8681 if so where is the forum post

#118 Zaccthemacc

Zaccthemacc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

I HAVE MADE STOCK ROM TREAD FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS

#119 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

for fixing the auto-rotation whit harware keyboard maybe you can try the methode for HTC Desire Z by editing 2 files but i don't know what line to change.

Since Desire Z has a keyboard, we need to modify the android.policy.jar to tell it the lid open state.

Here's what you need to do (thanks cjward):

FIX KEYBOARD ROTATION AND AUTO ROTATE :

Go into android.policy.jar\smali\com\android\internal\poli cy\impl\PhoneWindowManager.smali

Code:

ORIGINAL
.line 1094
const/4 v1, 0x1
CHANGE TO
.line 1094
const/4 v1, 0x0
ORIGINAL
.line 1096
const/4 v1, 0x0
CHANGE TO
.line 1096
const/4 v1, 0x1

These line number need not be same, but what you need to notice is that these states will differ with a value of 2 and it should have a comment :

<------------ mLidOpen .....

To search this line, hit "ctrl + f" and type "const/4 v1, 0x1", probably in one or two hits, you will get to this.

If it doesn't gets fixed by this then you need to make one more modification:
(thanks NeverGone\RU for pointing this out)

Change the following line in framework-res/res/values/bools.xml:

<bool name="config_forceDisableHardwareKeyboard">true</bool>
Setting this value to false fixed the keyboard issue completely.

in other hand

.field private static final LID_CLOSED:I = revet the value

.field private static final LID_OPEN:I = revert the value

#120 herytsito

herytsito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hello guys,

I'm quite new on this forum. Fist of all I'd like to thank you all for this thread.

I followed all steps above and flashed this ICS rom on my 8730 and it works but only issue I have is that It seems like it doesn't recognize any sim card.

it always says 'no service', my contacts in sim card don't appear ... nothing :/

Can anyone help please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users