Photo

{ROM}{UNOFFICIAL)Dirty Unicorns 4.3-Droid Razr M (GZRoms)

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 brianjamiel747180

brianjamiel747180

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationkent
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Twrp 2.6.3.0 has been working for me and its 4.3 friendly. Got a link here that flashes in recovery.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

btw i appreciate your help and kindness in helping me solve this 

• Memnoch73 likes this

61ZM(0)

#22 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

btw i appreciate your help and kindness in helping me solve this 

That's what we're all here for man... I remember helping Someolddude when he was a young buck.  :p Now I see him all over this place helping others. Pay it forward my friends.  :)

• livinginkaos and somber73 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#23 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

ive never had this issue until 4.3 4.3 doesn't play nice with my phone

Honestly, it might be something in your install methods.  I've noticed you have had problems on other ROMs too.  Are you mounting sytem, before you wipe?  I wasn't doing it and I had serious issues with 4.3.  I started doing it and I've had no issues, other than ones directly associated with the ROM.

Somber, just a quick question.  For some reason, my phone refuses to go to a lock screen.  I've checked through settings and can't seem to find anything that would be stopping it.  I've turned off the screen and let it sit for a while, but it will still not go to the lockscreen.  I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious.  Other than that, this is working perfectly.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#24 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Somber, just a quick question.  For some reason, my phone refuses to go to a lock screen.  I've checked through settings and can't seem to find anything that would be stopping it.  I've turned off the screen and let it sit for a while, but it will still not go to the lockscreen.  I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious.  Other than that, this is working perfectly.

Are you using the stock messaging?? I had this issue with CM10.2. In the messenger settings there is something about auto unlock when message comes in. This worked fine for a but then eventually it would never lock. May not be your issue but thought I would throw it out there

• RikRong likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#25 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Are you using the stock messaging?? I had this issue with CM10.2. In the messenger settings there is something about auto unlock when message comes in. This worked fine for a but then eventually it would never lock. May not be your issue but thought I would throw it out there

Hmm, yeah I am using the stock app.  I'll have to look at those settings.  I didn't even think about that.  Thanks.

#26 brianjamiel747180

brianjamiel747180

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationkent

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Honestly, it might be something in your install methods. I've noticed you have had problems on other ROMs too. Are you mounting sytem, before you wipe? I wasn't doing it and I had serious issues with 4.3. I started doing it and I've had no issues, other than ones directly associated with the ROM.

I was never explained about mounting sys nor was it in the OPs so I figured I didn't need to I'm still line new at all this so please bear with me<3
What are the benefits of mounting sys and why would it conflict with touch response to the point I can't get past the welcome screen on a 4.3.x ROM build?

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk

61ZM(0)

#27 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

No worries, sorry, I hope I didn't seem like I was lecturing you.  The whole mounting thing has been around for a while, actually since the SafeStrap and early bootloader unlock days.  However, it was kind of forgotten about when the newer versions of TWRP came out.  Someone posted about mounting the system prior to wiping and installing a 4.3 ROM and they had no issues.  I have also had no issues since I've started mounting system (again) before wiping.  I'm not 100% sure why or how it works, I'm sure someone that is more knowledgeable will chime in.  Mounting system seems to actually clear out data.  Since you're not mouting prior to wipes, there may be some data left behind that is conflicting and causing the screen freezes.  

#28 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

No worries, sorry, I hope I didn't seem like I was lecturing you. The whole mounting thing has been around for a while, actually since the SafeStrap and early bootloader unlock days. However, it was kind of forgotten about when the newer versions of TWRP came out. Someone posted about mounting the system prior to wiping and installing a 4.3 ROM and they had no issues. I have also had no issues since I've started mounting system (again) before wiping. I'm not 100% sure why or how it works, I'm sure someone that is more knowledgeable will chime in. Mounting system seems to actually clear out data. Since you're not mouting prior to wipes, there may be some data left behind that is conflicting and causing the screen freezes.

Most of the flash scripts will do that work for you now so mounting would for the most part be unneeded

Ridin' Dirty on my RAZR M

• RikRong likes this

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#29 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Somber, please - change name of bootanimation file on ROM.
Now it called bootanimation-alt and we have simple android animation.
When rename bootanimation-alt to bootanimation we have DU-bootanimation... 

P.S. Sorry for my English

I moved the file to sdcard1 and renamed it. Then installed through the general ui in rom control that's in settings.

#30 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm loving this ROM the suspended actions feature should be implemented in all the roms. Great battery life :-)

Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 2

#31 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Flashed yesterday - nice work! 
But it have not PIE-control yet,,, 

you can flash pie control separate. get it from

for the time being. 

all other that have questions about Gapps, any 4.3 Gapps should work fine there are some slimmed down pack out there that would just do the bare minimal.

any bug this rom has it is AOKP bug than need to be iron out, you will run into the same problem if you run a CM10.2 rom that is why they are still in beta or un-official state.  :ph34r:

We all should be glad we have few Devs working on getting as many roms as we have. 

Other issue i have seen is many of you guys are running CWM instead of TWRP. i will strongly recommend TWRP first because it is touch screen and second because it is what most of us Devs use to try our Roms out and cant really help you with a problem we are not having. :rolleyes:

As always happy modding and im sorry I may sound a bit rude but its only way you guys pay attention. :p  

• RikRong likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#32 brianjamiel747180

brianjamiel747180

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationkent

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

twrp ftw i love the touch instead of scrolling via volume buttons

61ZM(0)

#33 brianjamiel747180

brianjamiel747180

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationkent

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

okay guys gave it one last try using twrp and still get the same thing no response figured since it showed it was updating my apps it was working i mounted sys each time i wiped data cache and dalvik and upon installation stil no f%$king response from my touch this ROM doesn't like my phone this is so f%$king irritating that its doing this ive tried everything and it still f%$ks up and i don't get why all the other ones are wipe flash and prosper whys all the 4.3 roms bust my phone as in not respond to my f%$king touch f%$k u 4.3 and Ur inability to work on my phone 

61ZM(0)

#34 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

What I have always done is factory reset, and wiped dalvic, cache, data, and system THREE times(the whole process all together)you have to go back and mount everything after you wipe too(even in between the wipes remount everything AGAIN).. Then reboot into recovery.. I do this every time I flash a new ROM.

#35 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Your not wiping system?

• RikRong likes this

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Your not wiping system?

Hmm, that sounds like the key here....

#37 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

I looked back through the threads and I Dont see him saying he wiped system at all so I would bet that's the problem here. Give it a shot and let us know what happened.. Dont always depend on the install script to wipe the system fyi Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 2
  • RikRong likes this

#38 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

i came to find out... i had few issues as well but mine were keyboard related... when you coming form anything that is not android 4.3 you MUST wipe data as well as in you better save your stuff in your comp before doing anything or lose it kind of wipe. than everything flashed fine. i dont know if there is some mounting data conflict of something but that the way the cookie seem to crumble. im going to give a step by step should solve most of the issues i seen in this thread so far.

• Obviously download the Rom and Gapps
  • Reboot into recovery (TWRP recomended) By powering off and holding vol+ when power on
  • Press Backup ( If you like the rom you on and for safe meassure)
  • Reboot, Reboot recovery
  • Mount, mount system
  • Wipe Format Data x3 (remember with this you will lose any pictures anything that is in your phone and not on your SD card)
  • Advanced Wipe (select all but External_sd) also do this 3 times
  • and swipe to factory reset x3 ( i know it seem like over kill but trust it will take care of many problems)
  • install (find your ROM and Gapps) install them in that order 1st rom than Gapps
  • reboot, system
  • it will take few minutes to load the ROM. i would let it sit there for 10 or so to let it settle and load all properly and no rush
  • profit

I wont argue that all Devs should post at least a link of one of the Gapps to save some of the confusion and help the new people, not everyone know where to find things and they need to be held by their hands until they learn. we were once noobs too. 

• RikRong and jco23 like this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#39 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

This is the gapps I use for every ROM and no problems

#40 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Dirty flashed the latest build today after wiping cache & devec and screen was none responcicive. Wiped everything and did a clean install and same result. Went back and reinstalled the one I was originally on and works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users