#21 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

There's a flashable zip at droidhive you can use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

• TALLYWACKER likes this

#22 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

If you want an easy way to flash this, I use this app:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• JJT211 likes this

#23 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Nice update....fixed my backup problem too! Thx!

#24 masterskop

masterskop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I hate to jump posts but after seeing this one by you, I think I'll be on the right track.  First off I have the following phone rooted and also has an unlocked bootloader:

razr hd 4.1.2,9.16.6, xt926. 9.8.1q-62_vqw_mr-2.    This phone did not get the latest update.  So, the bootloader will remain unlocked.  I dl'd two roms:  [ROM] Eclipse Razr HD (Blur)- The Resurrection (7/9/13) -XT926 VZW and the Black Widow.98.72.16xt912.  The roms failed to install.  I did a mounting of the system, wiped caches, wiped system, did install of the Eclipse rom.  wouldn't mount system.

One the Black widow rom I did get it to install last night, but the rom went into a bootloop.  So, I did a reinstall of my backup.  The TWRP 2.6.3.0 does well on the backup., but not install roms.  Is this TWRP compatitble with the bootloader on this phone?  If you looke at the post above this one in the forum, you'll see the problem that I was having with TWRP 2.6.3.0.. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

PS.  I could be a combination of twrp and these roms not working with this phone for some reason.

#25 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Honestly i'm not sure why those wouldn't be working for you. I've flashed several different ROMs with this build of TWRP (Carbon, PAC, CM 10.2) and all have been fine. I would try installing them using CWM Recovery first to see if that works. If that does, then there might be some sort of incompatibility. Also, you listed "Black Widow.98.72.16xt912", that looks like a ROM for the OG Razr, not the Razr HD.

#26 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Theres a Black Widow in the HD rom section....but its a very old ROM (4.1.1) that hasnt seen support since before the bootkoader was unlcoked. Id stay away from that one.

The Eclipse ROM failed because its 4.1.2 and you need to flash the 4.1.2 boot image before you can flash the ROM. Post your problem in the Eclispe thread. The issue has nothing to do with TWRP or any custom recovery.

#27 masterskop

masterskop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

JJ211,

Not using the Eclipse rom btw.  Using the CM 10.2 nightly.  works well on my droid.

#28 grafarcobier

grafarcobier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationClarksville, MD
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Question: I just flashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 over 2.5.0.0 and everything went well. But I notice the same anomaly with the new as with the old - the time is WAY off. Is there any way to set the correct date and time for the auto naming feature? It's almost 5.5 hours and a month and several days off! I'm running debloated 4.4.1.

#29 grafarcobier

grafarcobier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Sorry, I meant 4.1.1

#30 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yes I think in advanced you can change the timezone

#31 grafarcobier

grafarcobier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Time zone fix is in "Settings" but it is more than a time zone that my time difference is showing. I just did a backup and it is dated 2013-10-06 at 7:45 a.m. when it is actually 11:35 a.m. on 2013-11-16. Date is more than a month off and time is off by 3 hours and 35 minutes, which is not even a multiple of 15 offset minutes. My device clock time and date are correct. Has anyone else noted a gross time error in TWRP?

#32 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Interesting. I am still on 2.6.1 looking at my backups shows the correct date/time. Maybe a 2.6.3 problem.

#33 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

I got some weird stuff going on lol. I manually installed 2.6.3.0 through my adb tools. I changed the old recovery IMG name so this one would stay etc. It had been working great until I decided to flash from 4.4 ROM back to 4.3 ROM, I went to backup my 4.3 and it went back to TWRP 2.5.** the previous version I was runnining. Does this mean I need to install the newer TWRP again to go back to 4.4 ? I want to stick with a 4.4 that has working camera!! :-) Anyone see similar stuff going on? Thanks for any help! Love this forum!!!

#34 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

Time zone fix is in "Settings" but it is more than a time zone that my time difference is showing. I just did a backup and it is dated 2013-10-06 at 7:45 a.m. when it is actually 11:35 a.m. on 2013-11-16. Date is more than a month off and time is off by 3 hours and 35 minutes, which is not even a multiple of 15 offset minutes. My device clock time and date are correct. Has anyone else noted a gross time error in TWRP?

My twrp displays incorrect time. 

#35 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

I got some weird stuff going on lol. I manually installed 2.6.3.0 through my adb tools. I changed the old recovery IMG name so this one would stay etc. It had been working great until I decided to flash from 4.4 ROM back to 4.3 ROM, I went to backup my 4.3 and it went back to TWRP 2.5.** the previous version I was runnining. Does this mean I need to install the newer TWRP again to go back to 4.4 ? I want to stick with a 4.4 that has working camera!! :-) Anyone see similar stuff going on? Thanks for any help! Love this forum!!!

Sounds like something that the ROM did. TWRP wouldn't/can't just downgrade itself like that. You'll need to update to the latest twrp again before going back to 4.4

#36 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sounds like something that the ROM did. TWRP wouldn't/can't just downgrade itself like that. You'll need to update to the latest twrp again before going back to 4.4

Figured as much and that's what I did. I ended up using the app called Flashify.

#37 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hey all. Having trouble with the new twrp. Successfully used flashify to update on a 16g HD but when I try to make a backup it fails to make backup folder on SD card. Although when I use root browser it actually does make the folders but the backup fails. Any suggestions? I haven't tried a backup to internal cuz there's not enough room. Plus I'm on a 4.3 cm nightly

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#38 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Are you using my recovery? or a newer one made by someone else?  I haven't seen that happen before

#39 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think I tried the one from the pure aosp 4.4 thread

#40 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hey all. Having trouble with the new twrp. Successfully used flashify to update on a 16g HD but when I try to make a backup it fails to make backup folder on SD card. Although when I use root browser it actually does make the folders but the backup fails. Any suggestions? I haven't tried a backup to internal cuz there's not enough room. Plus I'm on a 4.3 cm nightly

Change the name that is auto-generated.  It's too long and won't allow you to save. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users